Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Asia Location
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which Asia Location

ChairHostingChairHosting Member
edited November 2015 in General

Hello All Lowend Readers

We are looking to expand to an asian location many due to that fact we have several companies in Asia(China) currently hosting in out US Location. What Location do you guys prefer and are there any Dedicated Server/Colocation Providers you guys recommend. We will be looking forward to your responses.

Thanks, Jacob

Which Asian Location
  1. Location?77 votes
    1. South Korea
      24.68%
    2. Japan
      18.18%
    3. Singapore
      35.06%
    4. Malaysia
        3.90%
    5. Hong Kong
      18.18%

Comments

• South Korea for exotic!

• @hyena56 said:
    South Korea for exotic!

Hello,

Someone else also recommended it, will keep that in mind, but any colocation or dedicated server provider you would recommend?

Thanks, Jacob

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

There are many options available for Japan - Linode KDDI, Windows Azure, Amazon, Softlayer, Sakura, Tsukaeru Cloud etc.

Singapore - readily available from HostSG, Softlayer, Internap, Leaseweb and Server.LU.

Malaysia would be interesting, if you could arrange for bandwidth speeds with 100Mbps (not less than that).

Hong Kong - I think it's becoming too common in the LowEnd Market, due to Softlayer services. Dediserve is also prety good It's readily available right now. To have value, it should have direct peering across China and great connectivity to Asia-Pacific.

South Korea - still a limited amount of providers for foreigners. My vote goes for South Korea. Currently StarryDNS provides services on Korea Telecom network, but I would interested in SK Broadband and LG U+ peering.

Preference:
    1. South Korea
    2. Malaysia

• ChairHostingChairHosting Member
    edited November 2015

@deployvm said:
    There are many options available for Japan - Linode KDDI, Windows Azure, Amazon, Softlayer, Sakura, Tsukaeru Cloud etc.

Singapore - readily available from HostSG, Softlayer, Internap, Leaseweb and Server.LU.

Malaysia would be interesting, if you could arrange for bandwidth speeds with 100Mbps (not less than that).

Hong Kong - I think it's becoming too common in the LowEnd Market, due to Softlayer services. Dediserve is also prety good It's readily available right now. To have value, it should have direct peering across China and great connectivity to Asia-Pacific.

South Korea - still a limited amount of providers for foreigners. My vote goes for South Korea. Currently StarryDNS provides services on Korea Telecom network, but I would interested in SK Broadband and LG U+ peering.

Preference:
    1. South Korea
    2. Malaysia

Hello

Thanks for the reply. I did take a look at Softlayer, Leasewweb and Internap but I have never heard of HostSG, Will definitely have a look. Also, http://www.hostway.co.kr/ is an option for korea but I honestly hope they have a sales rep that speaks english.

Thanks, Jacob

• nowprovisionnowprovision Member
    edited November 2015

Unless you are targeting mainland China (and require CT/CU bandwidth which is a segregated market) then Singapore is best connected region in my opinion.

Linode/DigitalOcean/HostVirtual/Softlayer/Dediserve/AWS etc.. all have a footprint there.

From my understanding all Malaysia traffic flows via Singapore (even if it doesn't show on l3) so you would need a specific local demand to warrant KL hosting.

However if you have good remote peering it doesn't matter too much, for example Google Compute cloud is Taiwan for asia-east however they have remote peering at all regionally public peering hubs such as Equininx peering fabric Singapore and Hong Kong, similarly Azure is HK and a regional network that makes the issue negligible. If you're budget extends only to a handful of transit providers and connectivity to a local peering exchange then Singapore.

If you have to visit for colo reasons too then SG is much nicer than HK and easier to visit countries such as thailand, vietnam, laos, etc..

edited November 2015

@nowprovision said:
    Unless you are targeting mainland China (and require CT/CU bandwidth which is a segregated market) then Singapore is best connected region in my opinion.

Linode/DigitalOcean/HostVirtual/Softlayer/Dediserve/AWS etc.. all have a footprint there.

From my understanding all Malaysia traffic flows via Singapore (even if it doesn't show on l3) so you would need a specific local demand to warrant KL hosting.

However if you have good remote peering it doesn't matter too much, for example Google Compute cloud is Taiwan for asia-east however they have remote peering at all regionally public peering hubs such as Equininx peering fabric Singapore and Hong Kong, similarly Azure is HK and a regional network that makes the issue negligible. If you're budget extends only to a handful of transit providers and connectivity to a local peering exchange then Singapore.

If you have to visit for colo reasons too then SG is much nicer than HK and easier to visit countries such as thailand, vietnam, laos, etc..

Hello,

Most of our Asia customers are actually on the east region of China and in this case Korea would be better but It seems Singapore is also a good choice.

Thanks, Jacob

• Singapore and Korea :)

I think you can get some very nice bandwidth in Korea, close to USA too.

• singapore :-)

• South korea. No cheap vps avail

• Australia

• Indonesia or Singapore

• Hong Kong is an international trade center

Thanked by 1lifehome
  • PetaByet said: I think you can get some very nice bandwidth in Korea, close to USA too.

In pricing? In your dreams, yea....

• @William said:

In pricing? In your dreams, yea....

What made you think I was talking about pricing?

• South Korea, mostly dominated by the BIG 3 ISPs such as LG, SK and KT. KT bandwidth is expensive though, but speeds can be very high depending on the contract.

There is a obvious difference between consumer internet in Korea and datacentre IP transit. Many times higher.

I think you might have some trouble finding a carrier neutral DC and you will need a local contact to deal with any domestic datacenters.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2015

PetaByet said: What made you think I was talking about pricing?

Because if you don't care what the pricing would be, then you can get "very nice bandwidth" almost anywhere.

Thanked by 1William
  • Indonesia or Singapore

• Indonesia, Surabaya. Dolly datacenter cuk

• @rokok said:
    Indonesia, Surabaya. Dolly datacenter cuk

dolly wes tutup mas :v

• rokok said: Indonesia, Surabaya. Dolly datacenter cuk

Yo opo to cak :P

edited November 2015

@andiklive said:
    Indonesia or Singapore

Hello,

Singapore and South Korea seems like the best two choices.

• HaBangNetHaBangNet Member, Host Rep

Hong Kong will be the best choice for asia, as hong kong got better international bandwidth to worldwide (This also depend on which datacenter you select at Hong Kong). And now aday alot of people targeting at China market, Hong Kong make it perfect for china targeting.

• Hello Lowend Community,

In response to the poll, we have confirmed a launch of a SG Location for VPS Hosting after working out the pricing with some DCs . The Plans should be launched within a few days :). Pricing should begin at ~~$8-10/Mo (USD)

Thanks, Jacob

• Hello Lowend Community,

In response to the poll, we have confirmed a launch of a SG Location for VPS Hosting after working out the pricing with some DCs . The Plans should be launched within a few days :). Pricing should begin at ~~$8-10/Mo (USD)

Thanks, Jacob

That's over the LET limit

• @PetaByet said:
    That's over the LET limit

Hello

I am aware, thats the official pricing. LET Pricing will be at $7 ;)

Thanks, Jacob

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep

Hi @ChairHosting, If you are looking for server or rack solution over SG location, please allow us to better serve you. We have rack in Telstra DC (110 Paya Lebar). You can do a site-visit, just prepare your passport 3 days prior to arrival. We do only have HP and Dell hardware (certain series) through our leasing company, though. But it might serve the VPS model you run, just drop me a PM with your Skype and will send all details you need.

• @winnervps where are you physically located?

• jenokjenok Member, Host Rep

@ChairHosting, you need to include Taiwan :D

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep

@PetaByet said:
    winnervps where are you physically located?

Level 6

• @jenok said:
    ChairHosting, you need to include Taiwan :D

Hello,

We probably won't be doing that any time soon. We will probably go for a European location next.

Thanks, Jacob