Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Live Chat
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Live Chat

So was just browsing through OVH site and suddenly a live chat sales box popped up in bottom right corner.

So thought I would ask a few questions I was wondering about, chat started within a minute, and the "agent" I spoke to was able to answer my questions with very clear and well written answers, could tell they was not any form of canned responses.

Has anyone else seen this or is this something they have just introduced??

Comments

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited November 2015

Sounds like @nyr or @hidden_refuge sold them a new script. Or they hacked buyvm @francisco and stole Fran's perl script called Aldryc.

edited for no reason

• AshleyUk said: started within a minute

AshleyUk said: was not any form of canned responses

Sounds not much like OVH.

• AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited November 2015

@Frecyboy said:
    Sounds not much like OVH.

I was surprised, I have just generally had a general conversation with the guy about OVH, and at no point did I feel like he didn't know what to say back.

• I used this a few weeks back, talked to someone about when the public cloud was going to available through the usa ovh, dude was very friendly. I thought ovh were supposed to be horrible when dealing with customers

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Which of the sites you browsed?

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

i also had a chat , few weeks before , but now I can not find it (does not pop up any more)

• @Radi said:
    Which of the sites you browsed?

It does seem I was on the USA site, I normally browse the UK/EU site however a link took me to .com and redirected me to /us

So it does seem this is only a "CA" site thing, but he had no problem talking to me about OVH stuff in general.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

The live chat is probably just sales department?

• When I read the title I expected this to be a troll, I mean OVH and support is impossible.

• @vfuse said:
    The live chat is probably just sales department?

Yes, he did say currently, however they are looking at maybe adding commercial/tech in the near future (CA again)

• Well, it's another way to get new customers while shitting on the already existing customers, nothing new for OVH.