Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arminds.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Arminds.com

Looks like they are having issues @arminds

their site is down and so is my VPS... i thought $3 for managed hosting was too good to be true

chip

Comments

• You pay $3 for a managed VPS?

Thanked by 2cassa GM2015
  • @chip said:
    Looks like they are having issues arminds

their site is down and so is my VPS... i thought $3 for managed hosting was too good to be true

chip

next time dont believe in magic and use brain

Thanked by 2GM2015 linuxthefish
  • yes and to be fair they did manage it... but it appears they are having issues (i didnt think it would last)

@WHT said:
    You pay $3 for a managed VPS?

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • Did you check its MX records or try to send an email ?

• what you mean like not putting any valuable data on it?... and trusting they could manage a VPS for $3 per month?

well i didn't and was skeptical so no harm done... it didnt even last a month

@ItsChrisG said:
    next time dont believe in magic and use brain

• nah i didnt but im not all that bothered their was nothing of value on it

@KeyJey said:
    Did you check its MX records or try to send an email ?

• chipchip Member
    edited November 2015

ha ha, great thing is... im paying $3 for that ram/disk space but under half that bandwidth (which kind of proves they couldnt sustain their pricing)

chip

• rokokrokok Member
    edited November 2015

@chip said:
    yes and to be fair they did manage it... but it appears they are having issues (i didnt think it would last)

How can they manage clients VPS if they can't fixing their site :/

• i;ve just run mxtoolbox mailserver test and it appears both their mx records are unresponsive

http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=smtp:arminds.com&run=toolpage

@KeyJey said:
    Did you check its MX records or try to send an email ?

• i cant be sure but i don't think they will be fixing anything (i'd like to be wrong) i think they may just dissapear

chip

@rokok said:
    How can they manage clients VPS if they can't fixing their site :/

• So weird

• They won't disappear. It has happened before. They should be back up soon.

Thanked by 1arminds
  • armindsarminds Member, Host Rep

Sorry for being late in updating you.

We have some issues with one of our nodes. And unfortunately, it has our website too.

We will update you shortly.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog

The issue has been resolved 7 hours ago on all customers VPSes on the affected node. However, our website is still being fixed. If you still have any issues with any VPS please let us know.
    Your patience is appreciated.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@arminds said:
    We have some issues with one of our nodes. And unfortunately, it has our website too.

Never keep all eggs in one basket.

Well-said! We will try to avoid this in the future. Not all eggs in one basket. But the important eggs are, unfortunately!

Our Client Portal is back online: https://arminds.com/client-portal/

• I will suggest getting a good shared account for your website.

Thanked by 1KeyJey

@Junkless said:
    I will suggest getting a good shared account for your website.

Thanks for your advice :) But not an option.

We are providing a high quality service. However, it was unexpected system crash which happens with many hosting providers.

@chip If you are on a $3 plan then your VPS was not affected by this crash. Because it only affected an SSD Cached node which includes our website and client portal.

Please login to our client portal and let us know if you are on $3 or $5 plan. If you were on $3 and migrated automatically to the SSD Cached plan, we can move your VPS back to the $3 HDD only plan.

Waiting your feedback.

• JunklessJunkless Member
    edited November 2015

@arminds said:
    We are providing a high quality service. However, it was unexpected system crash which happens with many hosting providers.

I am not saying you are not providing a high quality service. But it is ALWAYS a good idea to host your own site separate from were you host the sites/vps for customers. In any expected scenario (like this, or an earthquake, floods etc) when your Node/Server goes down, your site will still be up to provide your costumers updates and let them know that you are working on the issues.

That is why I suggested it. Please dont take this otherwise.

@Junkless said: That is why I suggested it. Please dont take this otherwise.

None-taken :) You were the only one who supported us in this thread. And that's much appreciated.

I will check our options to make it separate as you suggested and provide high availability for our site.

Thanks again for your support and recommendations :)

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @arminds said:
    Thanks again for your support and recommendations :)

Anytime mate.

Thanked by 1arminds
  • Where do you have your boxes arminds?

• @inthecloudblog said:
    Where do you have your boxes arminds?

Dacentec.

Our website is functioning normally now.

• NameCheap shared hosting.

You won't regret it.