Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday/Cyber Monday DDOS/Floods?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday DDOS/Floods?

dragon2611dragon2611 Member
edited November 2015 in General

So any bets who's going to end up getting their site effectively DDOS'd/Flooded by posting black Friday/cypermonday offers and then not scaling their infrastructure suitably to handle the extra traffic?

Based on what happened last year my bets are on a lot of the brick and mortar retailers who tend not to be so good at managing their online presence.

I'd imagine sites like amazon.etc will handle the load fairly gracefully.

Probably one of the few times a DDOS/Flood is caused by legitimate users trying to use the sites for what they were intended for.

Comments

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited November 2015

@dragon2611 said:
    So any bets who's going to end up getting their site effectively DDOS'd/Flooded by posting back Friday/cypermonday offers and then not scaling their infrastructure suitably to handle the extra traffic?

Based on what happened last year my bets are on a lot of the brick and morter retailers who tend not to be so good at managing their online presence.

I'd imagine sites like amazon.etc will handle the load fairly gracefully.

Probably one of the few times a DDOS/Flood is caused by legitimate users trying to use the sites for what they were intended for.

NameCheap's site was begging for mercy last year... It still makes me shiver that they used CloueFlare and the amount of 522s I got :/

• @doghouch said:
    NameCheap's site was begging for mercy last year...

Let's see what will happened this year. Hope for the best to every business owner. Let's wish them good luck.