Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK-Based Shared cPanel Hosting for 5 domains < £5 p/m
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK-Based Shared cPanel Hosting for 5 domains < £5 p/m

CraigWatsonCraigWatson Member
edited November 2015 in Requests

Unsure if LET is the right place for shared hosting requests, but I'm looking for a decent-ish shared host in the UK after my current host has gone decidedly south.

Required specs (minimum, higher is a bonus!):

• 5 hostable websites (i.e. 1 main domain + 4 add-on domains)
  • 2.5GB disk space
  • PHP (ideally 5.6)
  • 5 MySQL databases
  • 5 mail accounts
  • SSH Access
  • Able to host SSL-enabled sites without dedicated IP (i.e. via SNI)
  • UK-based (London preferably)

IPv6 is a definite bonus!

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

We can help here @ Clouvider. If you'd like something different to what we offer on our site, please shoot me a PM and i'd be happy to help!

• @Clouvider said:
    We can help here @ Clouvider. If you'd like something different to what we offer on our site, please shoot me a PM and i'd be happy to help!

Cheers, a couple of things:

a) Any reason why you're still using PHP 5.3 (it's EOL since forever)?
    b) Are you able to bundle SSH access into your Medium package?
    c) Can you confirm if you're able to handle SSL certs on SNI via cPanel?

• bersybersy Member
    edited November 2015

@mikho have a UK shared iirc. I was wrong, that's in NL :(

https://www.onepoundwebhosting.co.uk/ is pretty stable, but I have no idea about SSH support. SNI isn't a problem I guess, @onepound ?

@AlexanderM have you launched a shared in UK too?

@MSPNick

• +1 for @Clouvider he is very active in LET I hear good things like always about his service very flexible and friendly provider and your required location is LONDON So he is one

and check out https://buyshared.net it has europe location it think (LUXEMBOURG, EU)check this thread it will tell you everything there is about to know about this service @Francisco he is also a friendly provider

Note:I don't have any exp with both providers what so ever but their reputation tells more good things that i remember so Happy hosting

Thanked by 2Clouvider Francisco
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@bersy said:
    mikho have a UK shared iirc. I was wrong, that's NL :(

Nope.
    NL is the closest location. I am however considering UK.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • @bersy said:
    mikho have a UK shared iirc. I was wrong, that's in NL :(

https://www.onepoundwebhosting.co.uk/ is pretty stable, but I have no idea about SSH support. SNI isn't a problem I guess, onepound ?

MSPNick

No issues on either ssh (via ticket request) , Cloudlinux is installed for both cpanel and directadmin servers so php selector is enabled for clients.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • @onepound any BF offers, like last year?)

• @bersy said:
    onepound any BF offers, like last year?)

More than likely, ;-)

Thanked by 1bersy
  • bersybersy Member
    edited November 2015

@onepound Just some more questions.
    Do you use LiteSpeed, what is your PHP memory limit, and is there any i/o limit?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2015

@CraigWatson you look like a children's tv presenter

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • @century1stop said:
    linuxthefish

Unfortunately not any more, sorry

• @bersy said:
    onepound Just some more questions.
    Do you use LiteSpeed, what is your PHP memory limit, and is there any i/o limit?

Litespeed, I use cloudlinux variation of this mod_lsapi.
    php memory limit, clients can set their own limit from within php selector within cpanel.
    No I/O limits imposed

Thanked by 1bersy
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2015

@simonindia thanks! :)

CraigWatson said: Cheers, a couple of things:

a) Any reason why you're still using PHP 5.3 (it's EOL since forever)? b) Are you able to bundle SSH access into your Medium package? c) Can you confirm if you're able to handle SSL certs on SNI via cPanel?

We really need to update this website, we are working on a new one, hence this one was a little left behind, sorry!

We of course support PHP 5.6, you can use older version via CloudLinux's PHP selector.
    In regards to: b) sure, no problem, c) yes, we do support SNI, and if there will be any problems we will be there to help you out.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2015

CraigWatson said: SSH Access

majority of shared hosting companies will not provide SSH access.

CraigWatson said: Any reason why you're still using PHP 5.3 (it's EOL since forever)?

on Cloudlinux you do get option to select 5.1 to 7.0 version of PHP

CraigWatson said: IPv6 is a definite bonus!

Very good bonus, but majority of UK ISP providers don't use the IPv6 addresses.

• WebProject said: Very good bonus, but majority of UK ISP providers don't use the IPv6 addresses.

that will change very soon, sky have already got the stuff ready for example, and likely Virgin next

• @TarZZ92 said:
    that will change very soon, sky have already got the stuff ready for example, and likely Virgin next

BT are also trialing in some areas of UK I believe...