Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RailGun - does it really make things faster?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RailGun - does it really make things faster?

Just noticed that my provider is providing free CF + Railgun.

For those who have tried it (not looking for statistics, but real world experiences - I've read over what they claim already), does Railgun make any noticeable difference?

Comments

• ALinuxNinja said: does Railgun make any noticeable difference?

It's a way for CF to conserve bandwidth.

It does nothing to speed up your HTTP server.

There will be a "noticeable difference" only if you are close to saturating your uplink.

Thanked by 1PrincessOfCats
  • Hmm... No. You won't see differences if you use the provider railgun (not CF regular business plan)

Unless your "CF partner provider" provide API key so you can setup your own, or only access on off railgun toggle from cf panel? :p

• @rokok said:
    Hmm... No. You won't see differences if you use the provider railgun (not CF regular business plan)

Unless your "CF partner provider" provide API key so you can setup your own, or only

access on off railgun toggle from cf panel? :p

Uhm, CF partners have that ability. In WHMCS or maybe in cPanel, IIRC.

• @MCHPhil said:

If i remember, when you're not CF direct customer (business plan) even youre client of their partner, you wont get the API key

• @rokok said:
    If i remember, when you're not CF direct customer (business plan) even youre client of their partner, you wont get the API key

Huh? What would you do with the API key that you can't do via the CF partner module? I'm honestly not understanding.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

We are testing this with a separate E3+SSD Railgun server in our Pune DC connected to all our shared servers. Will post results after testing is completed.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @leapswitch said:
    We are testing this with a separate E3+SSD Railgun server in our Pune DC connected to all our shared servers. Will post results after testing is completed.

hmmm ,sorry to dig up old post , but I really curious , 2 years after , would you please share your results ?

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@qtwrk said:

@leapswitch said:

hmmm ,sorry to dig up old post , but I really curious , 2 years after , would you please share your results ?

We had it running for a couple of months, but did not find any noticeable difference, so we have stopped using it.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog