Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Additional Prometeus disk volumes?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Additional Prometeus disk volumes?

rchurchrchurch Member
edited November 2015 in Help

When I create some Prometeus instances I notice that 2 volumes are created for each instance eg ROOT-1234 has an accompanying DATA-1234, but it the DATA-1234 does not show in the VM.

Does the DATA-xxxx need to be separately mounted to be available to the ROOT-xxxx?

I don't see any sign of how that is done. To be honest as I think I have done it before and forgotten how it works.

Is the DATA-xxxx volume appearing because I needlessly add additonal storage when I am creating the instance?

Comments

• What does:

fdisk -l

show?

It will probably show the second disk as /dev/vdb

Thanked by 1yomero
  • @rchurch said:

Is the DATA-xxxx volume appearing because I needlessly add additonal storage when I am creating the instance?

Yep that's quite easy to end up doing that, see if it's attached to the VM, if it Is then you can either use it or detach it, once detached you can delete it.

You can run with with just the Root volume (providing it's large enough) no problem.