Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildcard SSL
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wildcard SSL

Hi,

Need to renew some wildcard ssl's I got last year. The suppliers all went out of business (who would have thought that....) and so I am looking for another supplier.

Anybody out there that will do cheap wildcard's?
(and yes I know about Let’s Encrypt, but that does not seem to be what I want)

Comments

• Lets Encrypt is totally awesome, I'm using their SSL certs on a few sites now. If you absolutely need a wildcard cert though, I've gotten multiple AlphaSSL wildcards from VMBox.co, just had to purchase one of their yearly VPSes.

• 60$ for two years but its lot of hassle before you get one

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@simonindia said:

60$ for two years but its lot of hassle before you get one

One Domain / More than One ?

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited November 2015

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

Wow. You have the chart in front of your nose and you ask?

Multiple Domains (UCC): V

Wild Card Capability: V

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL yea i think so

@Hidden_Refuge said:
    Wild Card Capability: V

My Bad, I was in Mobile & didn't notice that :3

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

I have class 2 currently with them, it's more than one. You can have multiple wild cards on one cert or have multiple certificates. Currently I have 4 wild card certificates across 4 domains. Their certs are valid for 2 years and you have 1 year from the date of verification to issue your certificates

@CFarence said:
    I have class 2 currently with them, it's more than one. You can have multiple wild cards on one cert or have multiple certificates. Currently I have 4 wild card certificates across 4 domains. Their certs are valid for 2 years and you have 1 year from the date of verification to issue your certificates

I've to verify Myself & for this have to pay $59.90 & then for Verifying a Domain, what I have to do ??

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    I've to verify Myself & for this have to pay $59.90 & then for Verifying a Domain, what I have to do ??

Verifying domains is the easy part, you just add it through the web interface. It will send a verification code to either postmaster, hostmaster and something else I can't remember. It will also scan the who is and give you emails listed there. Once you get the email you just enter the code back on their site and your done.

For the identity you need 2 forms of IDs. For me I don't have a passport so they let me use my drivers license and birth certificate. And then you need to verify your phone number so they need a copy of a phone bill. I just used the estatement from verizon wireless. After that they give you a call at that number. The call goes something like "Hey this is {insert name} from startcom I'm looking for {insert your name}" They just ask if you requested verification, you say yes and that's it. I live in the US and they called from a California based number. Once thats done they will send an invoice, you can pay with paypal or credit card and then within an hour I had class 2 marked in my account.

I have read some things online with people not having the best time with the class 2, but this is my second time verifying (expires in a year) and I haven't had any issues with it. Support was very friendly when I asked how the renewal process works. So I guess your mileage may vary.

Like I said above I have currently have 5 wild card certs that I just got this week (just renewed on Tuesday). And I have several class 1 certificates, those are only valid for a year and valid for one name, no SAN certs with class 1. For $60 I can't get a better price for that many wild card certificates. Once your class 2 expires after a year your certificates that you got during that time are valid until they expire.

@CFarence said:
    Like I said above I have currently have 5 wild card certs that I just got this week (just renewed on Tuesday). And I have several class 1 certificates, those are only valid for a year and valid for one name, no SAN certs with class 1. For $60 I can't get a better price for that many wild card certificates. Once your class 2 expires after a year your certificates that you got during that time are valid until they expire.

Seems Nice, what if I verify MySelf & get SSL's for My Customers ?? :P

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Seems Nice, what if I verify MySelf & get SSL's for My Customers ?? :P

It's against their terms of service, that has been asked in the forums. Some people probably still do it, though if they find out you can be terminated

• Look at GoGetSSL.com the pricing is reasonable and you get certs from Commodo and other Big names.

• https://hostigation.com/?page=SSL

Comodo PositiveSSL Wildcard is $50 or less for multi-year, takes about 5 minutes for domain validation

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@Termiet said:
    Hi,

Need to renew some wildcard ssl's I got last year. The suppliers all went out of business (who would have thought that....) and so I am looking for another supplier.

Anybody out there that will do cheap wildcard's?
    (and yes I know about Let’s Encrypt, but that does not seem to be what I want)

• @Andreix OP said cheap, not "price that is higher than anywhere else"

Thanked by 1Termiet
  • @jamesrat said:
    Look at GoGetSSL.com the pricing is reasonable and you get certs from Commodo and other Big names.

I have checked gogetssl.com price for comodo wildcard ssl product. It is high compared to other ssl resellers which are providing discount codes for same comodo wildcard ssl products epsecially wildcard ssl, to get product at low price. Checkout http://www.cheapsslcouponcode.com/coupons/wildcard-ssl-certificates

• Lets Encrypt is not providing Wildcard SSL Certificate. You should go wild Comodo Wildcard option.

Comodo is now today world's most popular and highest valued Certificate Authority.

CheapSSLSecurity.com is the best source to buy Comodo Wildcard SSL Certificate.

• @martin_w said:
    Lets Encrypt is not providing Wildcard SSL Certificate. You should go wild Comodo Wildcard option.

Comodo is now today world's most popular and highest valued Certificate Authority.

CheapSSLSecurity.com is the best source to buy Comodo Wildcard SSL Certificate.

@jarland sorry to be a pest, could you look into Mr Martin, each post seems to be on SSL certs and he always advertising Cheapsslsecurity.com ....

Thanked by 1jar
  • @miTgiB said:
    https://hostigation.com/?page=SSL

Comodo PositiveSSL Wildcard is $50 or less for multi-year, takes about 5 minutes for domain validation

Just get this. I got one in 5 minutes.

Thanked by 1miTgiB
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2015

@ATHK said:
    jarland sorry to be a pest, could you look into Mr Martin, each post seems to be on SSL certs and he always advertising Cheapsslsecurity.com ....

No I appreciate the help. I can't read every thread :)

Cheapsslsecurity has a ton of spam accounts and just lost me as a customer.

Thanked by 1ATHK