Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Intial Thoughts on ZXplay
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Intial Thoughts on ZXplay

PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
edited November 2015 in Reviews

I have been a customer for about 3 weeks got a storage server off their last let offer. I had backed up my home plex server to the OpenVZ based backup vps. I was able to max out my home connection of 10Mbps down/ 10Mbps up to the storage vps.

So then I decided to order another server and see if they can combine it for double the resources. Well the tickets were answered in a timely manner and Ashley handled the transaction in a professional manner. So after that they moved me to a KVM storage vps with 4 gigs of ram and 1.6 TB's of storage.

My initial impression of ZXplay is that they put out a service that is worth the money. In 3 months I will follow up this initial impression with a review based on more time. So this is just my initial thoughts and experiences. So THIS IS NOT A REVIEW Per SE.

DC: Hetzner

Here is a quick freevps benchmark:

System Info
-----------
Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v2 @ 3.50GHz
CPU Cores       : 2
Frequency       : 3499.998 MHz
Memory          : 3966 MB
Swap            : 1023 MB
Uptime          : 4 days, 14:52,

OS              : Debian GNU/Linux 7
Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
Kernel          : 3.2.0-4-amd64

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
---------------------

Location                Provider        Speed
CDN                     Cachefly        25.3MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          9.69MB/s
Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       12.7MB/s
Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       12.0MB/s
San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       12.2MB/s
Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       20.7MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          6.56MB/s
Singapore               Softlayer       6.48MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         62.1MB/s
Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        44.6MB/s

Disk Speed
----------
I/O (1st run)   : 127 MB/s
I/O (2nd run)   : 145 MB/s
I/O (3rd run)   : 140 MB/s
Average I/O     : 137.333 MB/s

Comments

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited November 2015

@AshleyUk does provide a good stable service.

@PieNotEvenEaten would you mind doing a benchmark please? (http://support.primatelabs.com/kb/geekbench/installing-geekbench-on-linux)

Thanked by 1AshleyUk
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@taZZ92 Yes i will sir and i will post it up here.

• The cores are dedicated to you, I believe.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    The cores are dedicated to you, I believe.

On our standard plans yes, not our LET Storage :)

Thanked by 1teknolaiz
  • @AshleyUK and his brand ZXPlay/ZXHost provide one of the best service and support I have ever been with. The service is really top notch with great plans, hardware and overall performance for reasonable prices. Ashley is providing really awesome support with his products. Tickets are answered really quick and very professional. I had service with AshleyUK - nothing to complain about at all (I mean it so - everything was going very well)!

After all we're also neighbours (geographically) and so I had some chit chat with Ashley on Hangouts. He's a really professional and cool guy. Kudos.

• Buy more. Reminds me to renew mine

• I got yearly storage and SSD plan on zxplay, never had any issue, all good.

At first im kinda speculation buy yearly plan because the price reasonable. Now i can say it's worth it.

All ticket, troubleshooting and abuse all handled pretty fast by Ashley himself, are you working alone?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Hidden_Refuge said: chit chat with Ashley on Hangouts

Is he a he or a she?
    j/k :P

• AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited November 2015

@rokok said:
    I got yearly storage and SSD plan on zxplay, never had any issue, all good.

At first im kinda speculation buy yearly plan because the price reasonable. Now i can say it's worth it.

All ticket, troubleshooting and abuse all handled pretty fast by Ashley himself, are you working alone?

I am the main GUY, but do have others who support when required behind the scenes, never advertise that it is a large business, however I sometimes feel smaller companies can spend more time dealing hands on with their customers. Which I always try and do.