Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk vs WebHostingTalk
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

flopvflopv Member
edited October 2015 in General

Which forum you like the most.

I will go with Low End Talk. I found two great providers Dacentec and Quickpacket in this forum.

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2015

I like LET more, we usually get no pointless threads like this one, made just for spamming the OP's signature.

• I was hoping this was going to be a fanfic thread with the moderators and admins facing off against one another in mortal combat. Consider me very disappointed.

• Since you asked on LET, I'll bet most of the votes would be for LET.

• TheLonelyTheLonely Member
    edited October 2015

/me Corporate Member

• LeeLee Veteran

Two different sites, I visit both for different reasons.

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited October 2015

@angrysnarl said:
    Since you asked on LET, I'll bet most of the votes would be for LET.

^ This couldn't be more logic and correct.

Plus @ OP: pretty useless thread, this has been discussed in so many other threads already.

• sinsin Member

WHT has been pretty slow lately

• Depends on your taste.

WHT: Policed and you are punished like criminals if you do something the admin (bear) / mods don't like.

LET: It's more a minor forum with a few adults who talk about cheap things.

VPSBoard: A more grown up forum based on mainly VPS.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n

/me Corporate

Thanked by 3cassa alexvolk adxn

@TheLonely ^ that's better :D

• WHT: You never know, when you will be punished by mods.

@Licensecart said:
    Depends on your taste.

WHT: Policed and you are punished like criminals if you do something the admin (bear) / mods don't like.

LET: It's more a minor forum with a few adults who talk about cheap things.

VPSBoard: A more grown up forum based on mainly VPS.

Thanked by 2princeshoko StackVPS
  • Licensecart said: VPSBoard: A more grown up forum based on mainly VPS.

Grown up? Yeah, wright...

Thanked by 2Lee Peroni
  • @jvnadr said:
    Grown up? Yeah, wright...

Yes right, a lad went here asking about a advert and the kids here ripped him apart, you wouldn't get that over there. Even at WHT you don't get that attitude.

• @Licensecart said:
    Yes right, a lad went here asking about a advert and the kids here ripped him apart, you wouldn't get that over there. Even at WHT you don't get that attitude.

If you're talking about that Owen guy he kinda deserved it.

• LeeLee Veteran

Licensecart said: Yes right, a lad went here asking about a advert and the kids here ripped him apart, you wouldn't get that over there. Even at WHT you don't get that attitude.

That is because of the attitude to guideline enforcement. Many of the same people who will rip you apart on here are members on VPSB and WHT. They don't do it on those forums because the know they won't get away with it.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Nekki said: admins facing off against one another in mortal combat

Do you have fatality combo?

Thanked by 1StackVPS
  • alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited October 2015

I prefer LET to WHT purely because it seems like wht is purely all ads most of the time.

• Whenever I stumble upon a link redirecting me to WHT, it's a mess of links, garbled texts and a harmony of all the bad things.

WHT sucks big, along with many inside.
    Yet everyone is aware of that and questioning that is pointless.

Here it's better. Other then the simplicity of forum, having more free speech, good information as well as better community; even if they tend to bash you like a potato, makes you stick with it.

• let = free speech vs wht = advertising platform

Thanked by 2princeshoko coolice
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I find wht increasingly less valuable. It's a mecca of providers signature spamming with very little real end user customers. Their traffic and or activity seems to be way down too.

• what is wht!

• WebHostingTalk is like old fashioned Cocktail with terrible rules on the 21st Century. I hope the new owners will modernize it.

Thanked by 3ehab cassa StackVPS
  • ehab said: what is wht

Whore House Talk

• LET for sure seems way more active and down to earth, discussions on LET actually have meanings and LET has way less rules.

+1 LET

• Did you post the same thread on WHT?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • WHT value is their coupon section, a lot of good offers.

• Well, the WHT "business verified" shit-hosts took me far more money loss than all the low end providers of LET. And LET has way more free of speech and valuable posts/discussions. I'll vote for LET :p

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited October 2015

jbiloh said: Their traffic and or activity seems to be way down too.

And will continue to decrease. It's just a matter of time. Unless they change their system.

The difference between WHT and LET is:

LET is moderated by people who don't let their emotion supersede administrative decisions. Which is a good thing for online communities.

• blackblack Member
    edited October 2015

I come here because there's knowledgeable people willing to help, rather than people posting for the sake of advertising their signature. There's pretty cool offers here as well.

• @black said:
    I come here because there's knowledgeable people willing to help

Back when I used to visit WHT (quite some time ago now, I ran a small shared hosting arrangement about a decade ago) there was a lot more people genuinely helping each other than there seems to be now having given the place a cursory look over. I assume a lot of that sort of traffic has migrated to the likes of serverfault.com and superuser.com these days.