Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RockBeltHost
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RockBeltHost

borgqueenxborgqueenx Member
edited October 2015 in Reviews

So, after doubting for alot of time wich VPS provider to take, in the end i decided to go for RockBeltHost.com.
He was always super quick in replies, really friendly and this makes me feel better. Not formal official ticket answering people, but a personal guy that helps you when he can.

After i purchased the VPS it was up and running instantly. That wasn't so special since most VPS services offer this. But while it was unmanaged hosting, he did install a web panel and the LAMP stack for me for no extra cost. that was nice of him to offer, even though its not that hard to setup!

The VPS itself runs great, i was promised 2x 2ghz+ cores on my VPS but guess what, im almost running double! That's really awesome! He is also kind to working with me to see if he can downgrade my current plan, because i feel i purchased a bit too much for my current setup.

And the unmetered 1gbps port(that yes, does get downgraded to 100mbps after alot traffic) is awesome as well for the money.

I do still have some worries though, mainly because it seems to be 1 person. Yes, he is friendly and personal in his answers, but what when he decides he had enough of being in the hosting business? Or when i am running a well-visitted site, will i run in trouble like hardware failures will it be worked out? will the anti-ddos work? this is mainly a "leap of faith" i am taking here. He does use OVH's networks wich can be comfirmed when googling, so i guess its going to be good. But still a bit concerned. It's good to see that he is already in business for 2 years+ though.

There are alot more resellers on the market that offer cheap services like RockBeltHost, as i did my research. for example host-palace.com. but looking that host up, you will find a topic with alot negativity. I also had a live chat with the guy at host-palace and his english was quite bad, although enough for a simple conversation. It's apparantly the CEO after some research, so again: a 1-man reseller, but this one has alot bad rep behind him.

I couldnt find negativity about Rockbelthost, although also not really positivity, so i thought i would be the first to put here my postive review regarding this guy/host.

He is also open for custom orders and packages, so feel free to contact him if you need something custom that is not on his website.
For now, without having a site running so far, i can recommend him. I will keep everyone up-to-date :)

Comments

• Thanks for the warm review :)

And to a note : RockBeltHOST is not one man company. Our workforce is currently 8 .
    We are divided by region wise . Most of our team work for our local clients but we do for international clients too and I am not the CEO (yet) :p

• Thats good to know. You guys should make a "about us" page.

• Sadly I can't report good things about RockBeltHost. I won't complain much about their poor english because I am not a native english speaking person either. Anyway they could be russians. Furthermore their support is not really existing. I ordered a server and a week later I wanted to start installing it and the login data is invalid. After more than 24 hours I got a short "checking the issue." and now for more than 48 hours I got no response. I am quite sure that after putting their bad service into light I will receive a fast response... Just search a trustful reselling service and not those unprofessionals because they have no idea about leading a company.

Thanked by 1VPSAddict
  • CasterCaster Member
    edited October 2015

@Jared said:
    Sadly I can't report good things about RockBeltHost. I won't complain much about their poor english because I am not a native english speaking person either. Anyway they could be russians. Furthermore their support is not really existing. I ordered a server and a week later I wanted to start installing it and the login data is invalid. After more than 24 hours I got a short "checking the issue." and now for more than 48 hours I got no response. I am quite sure that after putting their bad service into light I will receive a fast response... Just search a trustful reselling service and not those unprofessionals because they have no idea about leading a company.

can I please have your order I'd ?
    I will check your problem

we had some issues on our Austria, Russia and Ukraine nodes recently because of a bug in the vmmanager.

• "Russia, Ukraine, Austria, China, Israel, Isle of Man, Costa Rica and more... " - copied from site. Can you elaborate 'more'? Atlanta, Netherlands?

• CasterCaster Member
    edited October 2015

@alonemrinal said:
    "Russia, Ukraine, Austria, China, Israel, Isle of Man, Costa Rica and more... " - copied from site. Can you elaborate 'more'? Atlanta, Netherlands?

not sure about what you meant ?
    but if you meant by specific locations then:
    Russia - Moscow (marsonet) , st.Petersburg (selectel)
    Ukraine - Kiev and
    Khmelnitsky
    China - mainland and Hong kong
    Israel ? and isle of man? we don't offer them?

Thanked by 1bob_irwin
  • my vps went down today, already waiting 10 hours now for a solution. before this, i never had any problem with rockbelthost and support has been fine through this website.
    However now this host has been banned? what? why? how?

• Crap host. Don't buy from crap hosts.

borgqueenx said: why? how?

• @borgqueenx said:
    my vps went down today, already waiting 10 hours now for a solution. before this, i never had any problem with rockbelthost and support has been fine through this website.
    However now this host has been banned? what? why? how?

I don't think the VPS being down has anything to do with them being banned but I could be wrong, are they answering support tickets?

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Or they've had the cops bash down their front door about it? Servers taken?

• One thread is enough.

This discussion has been closed.