Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dediserve China Direct Link – Confused how to work
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dediserve China Direct Link – Confused how to work

noqqkknoqqkk Member
edited October 2015 in Help

Server location is Hong Kong.

80% of my site visitors are from Hong Kong and 20% from Mainland China.

I have two public IP in this server.

One is normal IP (111.111.111.111, 250mbps uplink).

Another one is China Direct Link IP (666.666.666.666, 10mbps uplink).

In and Out public network IP in my VPS as below.

(In) 111.111.111.111, 666.666.666.666

(Out) 111.111.111.111

If I setup A record for my domain name to point to normal IP (111.111.111.111, 250mbps uplink), there is an only problem is the traceroute of China Visitor.

China Visitor --> US --> Hong Kong Server.

Non-China Visitor --> Hong Kong Server

If I setup A record for my domain name to point to China Direct Link IP (666.666.666.666, 10mbps uplink), China Visitor can directly to Hong Kong server and no need route to US first then HK. But the problem is this IP only 10mbps uplink.

China Visitor --> Hong Kong Server

Non-China Visitor --> Hong Kong Server

Is it possible to setup as below and how to setup? Many thanks for your help.

(In & Out Network) To force all China visitors use China Direct Link IP (666.666.666.666, 10mbps uplink).

(In & Out Network) Other visitors use normal IP (111.111.111.111, 250mbps uplink)

Thanked by 1dediserve

Comments

• Maybe implement geoip lookup and redirect mainland visitors to direct IP?

• fkjfkj Member

Use DNS service that can set different A records based on country, e.g. DNSPod.

• @fkj said:
    Use DNS service that can set different A records based on country, e.g. DNSPod.

Thanks. I tried and tested it work which can separate China and non-China visitors to my website.

But how can I force China visitors to use 666.666.666.666 Network OUT while non-China visitors to use 111.111.111.111 Network OUT

• I think you should try and contact Dediserve's support time directly.
    I think their support is top notch and they will assist you with your problem.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Thanks fkj and TH_George.

I tried to contact their support for same question but they replied

"This is something your developer would set up depending on the IP your visitor is coming to your site from."

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • hiphiphip0hiphiphip0 Member
    edited October 2015

There are many intelligent dns providers.

dnsdun cloudxns dnspod zndns aliyundns...

You could use them to set different IPs by different regions, even by different ISP or custom IP range.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • sekjun9878sekjun9878 Member
    edited October 2015

You need to have two+ subdomains:

cn.example.com -> 666.666.666.666

hk.example.com -> 111.111.111.111

www.example.com -> 111.111.111.111

And then set up a RewriteRule to redirect visitors from Chinese IP space to cn.example.com.

There are other ways (selective DNS servicing etc.) but this is the simplest method and it's the most reliable. You can't have the server explicitly use a specific IP address for outgoing - it will use whatever IP the visiting user is using to visit your website. (It's a requirement for TCP, no getting around that)

Thanked by 1dediserve