Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS Protection via GRE Routing in Germany
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS Protection via GRE Routing in Germany

dotmanagedeudotmanagedeu Member
edited October 2015 in Providers

Hello altogether,

we are working in cooperation with Voxility for some months now and want to start some offers for routed DDoS Protection today!
At the moment we are operating our own routing equipment at a local Datacenter in Frankfurt am Main, DE - the Central Internet Exchange Point for Germany and Europe.
We have a direct connection to Voxility with capacity of about 10 GBit/s. All traffic will be washed in Frankfurt am Main in the Interxion datacenter and clean traffic will be redirected to our Datacenter via GRE Tunneling.

Test IPv4: 89.44.8.103 (Ping & Traceroute)

What do we offer?
We offer you the possibility to create a direct GRE Tunnel between our routing equipment and your server. We do not care about the distance to your server, but be informed that the latency will be affected by the distance between our servers.
According to your needs we will assign IPv4 Addresses to your Tunnel and route traffic over it.
You will have full control over the routing, and will be able to use all ports and protocols.

What are the prices?
Our pricing model is divided into three parts: tunneling, addresses and traffic. All prices are in EURO and will be charged monthly!

(1) GRE Tunnel

100 MBit/s limit: 5,00€

1000 MBit/s limit: 9,00€

(2) IPv4 Addresses

1 IPv4 Address: 1,40€

5 IPv4 Addresses: 6,00€

10 IPv4 Addresses: 10,00€

(3) Traffic

500GB for free

+ 1TB: 10,00€

+ 2TB: 18,00€

+ 5TB: 40,00€

The cheapest product will be around 6,40€ per month and includes a 100MBit/s limited Tunnel with 1 IPv4 Address including Voxility DDoS Protection, advanced IDS and IPS (and additional WAF, if you wish).
This offer is limited to a small number of orders. If you like, what you read, be quick enough to be one of the lucky people!

If you have questions, you are welcome to post them below. Orders will only be accepted via Mail ([email protected]). Payments can be processed via PayPal or Direct debit (Europe only).

I hope some of you will be happy with this service. If our test succeed, we will start development for a automated system.

Kind regards,

Christopher Mäuer

Notes:

IDS = Intrusion Detection System - Snort is capable of detecting several thousands of known intrusion attempts and network anomalies

IPS = Intrusion Prevention System - We will automatically prevent attacks identified by the IDS

WAF = Web Application Firewall - This firewall is able to secure your web servers, by protecting them from threats like SQL Injections, Flooding Attacks, several Bugs and Exploits. This service is free and can be activated if you wish!

Thanked by 1XiNiX

Comments

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited October 2015

dotmanagedeu said: All traffic will be washed in Frankfurt am Main in the Interxion datacenter

Your test IP is at weesly, and as far as I know, they are in iNTERWERK, not in Interxion.

• dotmanagedeudotmanagedeu Member
    edited October 2015

Routing path is as follows: Interxion (Voxility) -> Weesly (iNTERWERK) -> us (Accelerated), if you read properly:
    "All traffic will be washed in Frankfurt am Main in the Interxion datacenter and clean traffic will be redirected to our Datacenter via GRE Tunneling."
    I wrote the traffic will be washed in the Interxion datacenter.

Thanked by 1Frecyboy
    edited October 2015

Another point: did you read the rules or ask a mod before posting this? You need to be in the providers group to post offers as far as I know.

edited October 2015

I did this some months ago, yes.

Edit: And I contacted mkpossen about this issue now. Thanks!

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015

dotmanagedeu said: Routing path is as follows: Interxion (Voxility) -> Weesly (iNTERWERK) -> us (Accelerated), if you read properly:

and... why? There is a direct fiber link between Interxion FRA1-5 and Accelerated. Saying Interwerk quality is "sub-par" is still giving them far more credit than they deserve.

• This is currently our only possibility to minimize the costs.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015

so let me get this straight:

You rent a server at Vox in InterXion FRA1-5 - Then GRE to Interwerk - Then GRE to Accelerated? How do you know that the tunnel and hardware in the middle is even able to sustain high PPS?

• @William said:
    so let me get this straight:

You rent a server at Vox in InterXion FRA1-5 - Then GRE to Interwerk - Then GRE to Accelerated? How do you know that the tunnel and hardware in the middle is even able to sustain high PPS?

If I read it right Vox is the entry point, only clean traffic should be going over the tunnel.

• Yes, but what if attack leaks... GRE is now not really known for being able to sustain high PPS and Vox not really known to not leak sometimes (see BuyVM)

edited October 2015

No we do not have servers neither at Interxion nor at iNTERWERK! Traffic comes via BGP from Voxility to iNTERWERK and from there via GRE to us.

edited October 2015

William said: You rent a server at Vox in InterXion FRA1-5 - Then GRE to Interwerk - Then GRE to Accelerated?

Seems more like they rent a server at weesly who provides Voxility Protected Servers in the Interwerk, and tunnel from this one to their location. They (weesly) also write they got only 1x an 10 GBit/s uplink to Voxility

edited October 2015

dotmanagedeu said: No we do not have servers neither at Interxion nor at iNTERWERK! Traffic comes via BGP from Voxility to iNTERWERK and from there via GRE to us.

Than I rather get a 2€ VPS @ iNTERWERK and setup the tunnel myself...

• Then do so, nur when you need subnets, our solution might be cheaper.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@William said:
    Yes, but what if attack leaks... GRE is now not really known for being able to sustain high PPS and Vox not really known to not leak sometimes (see BuyVM)

Vox is pretty good but yeah, they aren't immune to leaks or certain floods. GRE handles the traffic just fine if you have NIC acceleration on each side (or your routers do it in hardware, etc).

Francisco

Thanked by 2vimalware doghouch
  • No one is immune, even Verisign leaks sometimes - Cannot really be prevented, especially on new attack types :)

• Francisco said: Vox is pretty good but yeah, they aren't immune to leaks or certain floods. GRE handles the traffic just fine if you have NIC acceleration on each side (or your routers do it in hardware, etc).

Everyone leaks something at some point. You should know that dealing with awknet, cnservers and staminus prior to vox.

GRE works fine if you tune MTU / TCP properly. Always better to go with VPLS though, Vox has a lot of POPs.

• dotmanagedeu said: 100 MBit/s limit: 5,00€

1000 MBit/s limit: 9,00€

"hey that's pretty okay"

dotmanagedeu said: (2) IPv4 Addresses

1 IPv4 Address: 1,40€

"uhhh..."

dotmanagedeu said: (3) Traffic

500GB for free

• 1TB: 10,00€

facepalms

dotmanagedeu said: This is currently our only possibility to minimize the costs.

• @Francisco, side node - did you try l2tp instead of gre? Should be better in some aspects

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@apollo15 said:
    Francisco, side node - did you try l2tp instead of gre? Should be better in some aspects

I've done L2TP/IPSEC for a few customers but we weren't pushing much traffic over it (an mbit kinda deal). It's popular for our windows customers that need something similar to a GRE.

Francisco

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2015

@William said:
    No one is immune, even Verisign leaks sometimes - Cannot really be prevented, especially on new attack types :)

Don't you just love the steady flow of botnets? Amazingly, some have 100+ GBPS of power yet only costs around $10/hour.

Imagine that DDoS protection is basically just a tiny dam... and guess what? Larger attacks cause the dam to overflow, causing issues for legitimate users. They're unstoppable uneless someone develops a "perfect" filter for attacks. With the amount of bandwidth, you'd need many 100 GBPS backbones to every peer you have just to keep a website online during large attacks :/

• Might me come back to topic please? Any thread-related questions?