Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking For Providers Using These Platforms
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking For Providers Using These Platforms

LorneWLorneW Member
edited September 2015 in General

My team is ready to start working on supporting hosting platform APIs in our server consolidation service. Here are the platforms we are adding support for at this time:

OpenStack

CloudStack

OnAPP

Proxmox

Virtualizor

SolusVM

I am asking for LETs help in finding a few providers that use each of these platforms, I am especially interested in providers that are active here on LET :)

Comments

• give a look at igniteservers.com
    they uses SolusVM.

Thanked by 1LorneW
  • telephonetelephone Member
    edited September 2015

Come on, don't make us do your work. If your aim is for this to be a commercial product, spend 1 hour investigating providers on LET and WHT. Heck, even 20 minutes would be more than enough (using Google and LET search).

Now if you already have a list of providers that you'd like reduced (reliability, etc) then I'd be glad to help :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@Ikoula uses CloudStack for their public cloud, and OVH's new VPS lineup uses OpenStack.

Thanked by 2LorneW Ikoula
  • LorneWLorneW Member
    edited September 2015

@telephone said:
    Come on, don't make us do your work. If your aim is for this to be a commercial product, spend 1 hour investigating providers on LET and WHT. Heck, even 20 minutes would be more than enough (using Google and LET search).

Now if you already have a list of providers that you'd like reduced (reliability, etc) then I'd be glad to help :)

I understand what you are saying and don't want to be viewed as being lazy or something like this. I do already have a list of providers taken from various places Google, partner pages, etc. This was posted more as a LET specific provider list as I would like providers that are active here that I can bend an ear at times :) I will take your advice though and do a LET specific search and update my list with what I find as well.

virtual6.net uses Proxmox

• ditlevditlev Member, Top Host, Host Rep

we (at OnApp) have some of our clients listed here: http://onapp.com/showcase/ & http://onapp.com/providers/

And some of those selling in our federation here: http://onapp.com/federation/seller-directory

I can also help with SolusVM, just ping me.

:)
    D

Thanked by 1LorneW
  • ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited September 2015

Promox VE here and our latest offer is in the offers section (Posted yesterday).
    Edit: I see you found us already, I'm here if you need anything :)

Thanked by 1LorneW
  • 17brownj17brownj Member, Host Rep

We use SolusVM :)

Thanked by 1LorneW
  • rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

We use Proxmox on our France VPS node. PM me.

Thanked by 1LorneW
  • Thanks everybody for the help :)

• handyhosthandyhost Member, Host Rep

We use virtualizor . location france

https:handyhost.net

Thanked by 1LorneW
  • @handyhost said:
    We use virtualizor . location france

https:handyhost.net

• May I know what the service is all about?

• @century1stop said:
    May I know what the service is all about?

It is a server consolidation service that allows people to manage all or most of their servers in 1 place. Easiest way would be to direct you here for full details: http://virtopia.ca/forums/topic/3-what-is-virtopia/

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • hmm looks to me like a monitoring service, am I right? :)

• @century1stop said:
    hmm looks to me like a monitoring service, am I right? :)

It is more a server / service consolidation service. Lets say you have a 3 VPS at DO, 2 VPS at Linode, 1 dedicated at OVH, and a DNS service at rage4. You can import all of these servers / services and manage them in 1 location with the same functions and features as though you were logged into the providers supplied management panel.

There will be basic monitoring and alerts yes but really the service is focused around server consolidation / management. There will also be configurable reminders for each server as well as a notes section so details about each server can be saved.

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • LorneW said: You can import all of these servers / services and manage them in 1 location with the same functions and features as though you were logged into the providers supplied management panel.

So how will it function when the provider offers services via their WHMCS, like all the modulesgarden modules used to control proxmox? Like provide DNS

Thanked by 2century1stop LorneW
  • as above plus AWBS and Blesta

• @miTgiB said:
    So how will it function when the provider offers services via their WHMCS, like all the modulesgarden modules used to control proxmox? Like provide DNS

If the module utilizes Proxmoxs API for these functions than we should be able to provide the same functionality, if the host has enabled key creation and client function access to Proxs API.

Good question and something I will check into.

• @LorneW said:

Still trying to push a commercial project off the backs of us? Here's a thought cheapskate why don't you spin up dedicated servers with these on them or run them in nested kvm and pay everything yourself sorry that I sound like a grump but honestly if you are going to make anything commercial and then try to utilize providers platforms but not give them something in return that benefits them as a provider and doesn't make them feel used for your commercial gain then just stop here please sorry I am sounding gumply but I don't think any provider like my myself would like to feel just being used for your commercial gain and not our gain either I am sorry but unless you are willing to provide back something to the provider that benefits them then please stop and do the above please of buying dedicated servers and the licenses for them.

• @timnboys said:
    Still trying to push a commercial project off the backs of us? Here's a thought cheapskate why don't you spin up dedicated servers with these on them or run them in nested kvm and pay everything yourself sorry that I sound like a grump but honestly if you are going to make anything commercial and then try to utilize providers platforms but not give them something in return that benefits them as a provider and doesn't make them feel used for your commercial gain then just stop here please sorry I am sounding gumply but I don't think any provider like my myself would like to feel just being used for your commercial gain and not our gain either I am sorry but unless you are willing to provide back something to the provider that benefits them then please stop and do the above please of buying dedicated servers and the licenses for them.

I don't quite get where you are coming from on this. I haven't asked anything here other than if people know of a provider active here on LET that uses these platforms. If they do it is a 2 second reply, if they don't than it takes nothing. Those that help me out here by useful replies maybe down the road I will have occasion to help them out in another thread or something else and I will if I can, the way this is supposed to work, at least to me. This is an integral part of business and possibly the start of longterm working relationships between businesses.

If I see an active provider here using a platform we are interested we support than I will ask them if they are interested in helping us, if they do there is benefits in it for them. I don't ask for help and give nothing in return. There are some of these platforms such as OnApp that us grabbing enough servers to set it up just does not make good business sense. Neither does spending the time and money to setup some of the other platforms. Proxmox, SolusVM, Virtualizor maybe but it is still more efficient to seek a providers help.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Prometeus/cloudstack/solus/proxmox/cloudmin, the latter 2 really little.

Thanked by 1LorneW
  • edited October 2015

We provide Virtualizor in France & Germany

https://galaxyhostplus.com/openvz_hosting.php

You may also check lowendbox there are lots providers would be faster than waiting for reply ;)

Thanked by 1LorneW
  • DACDAC Member

Hi,

We use SolusVM, and if a client request something else, we can see about getting it installed for them.

Thanked by 1LorneW
  • leaseweb.com use cloudstack

Thanked by 1LorneW
  • DAC said: Hi,

We use SolusVM, and if a client request something else, we can see about getting it installed for them.

I'm confused. If one client requires something else you setup an entire server with different software for them?