Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Java VNC viewer and KVM for an offline server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Java VNC viewer and KVM for an offline server

GM2015GM2015 Member
edited September 2015 in Help

I've nuked my kidechire yesterday by reinstalling debian 8 with debian 7. Once reinstalled, the server became unreachable by ssh or ping. I've tried multiple reinstalls and the server only remains offline. I've contacted online.net and here are some of their answers:

Hello, We've just fixed a pxe trouble, I invite you to reboot server in 30 minutes and reinstall if you haven't yet access. Regards,

They put the server into rescue mode and I don't know what they did with it. 40 minutes after that reply, I've put my server into normal status, it was still unaccessable. I've rebooted it, still nothing. I've reinstalled the server again with debian 7 and it still remains offline(not accessable) till now. Support got me kvm access, which I can't do anything with.
I'm on the server with java vnc viewer but have no idea what to fix on it. My kvm access expires at around 12pm UK time.

Comments

• Initiate again a reinstall from their panel and watch the progress on the IP KVM. See if there is some error and if it stops at some stage.

• Right, I'll try debian 8 again, it might be their debian 7 installation has problems.

rds100 said: Initiate again a reinstall from their panel and watch the progress on the IP KVM. See if there is some error and if it stops at some stage.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@GM2015 - Its the Online.net installer (its known for hanging, crashing and generally bricking servers)

• Great. Now I closed the connection, iniatiated the rreinstall and now the vnc client can't connect to the given ip.

• Great under while reinstalling, the server can be pinged again.

• I'm in the server with ssh. Let's see how long my fun will last.

• This is timely, I was about to do exactly the same thing today.

• Just an update, again reinstalling my server with jessie as I somehow messed my keys and passwords and I find the wheezy 32bit is not available to install. Hmphf hhaaha.