Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best VPS for CS:GO (64 Tick) in EU ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best VPS for CS:GO (64 Tick) in EU ?

Hello,

I'm new on this page and i request for help with searching best vps for CS:GO. I'm searching low pricing with best performance. It would be best if the server was in Germany or elsewhere in the EU. CS:GO is dependent on the CPU.

Thanks for reply.

Comments

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited September 2015

Try Vultr. Deploy a few instances until you get an E3 CPU (3.4GHz core) then delete the rest, but even the E5 should be OK

They're usually fine with you using lots of CPU.

Edit: no DDoS protection tho. will this be a private or public server?

• DediCore could be an option?

• How about ovh ssd vps?

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited September 2015

hostnoob said: Edit: no DDoS protection tho. will this be a private or public server?

Vultr now has DDoS protection at additional cost, I believe it's $10/mo?

EDIT: Yes, $10/mo

• @hostnoob said:
    Try Vultr. Deploy a few instances until you get an E3 CPU (3.4GHz core) then delete the rest, but even the E5 should be OK

They're usually fine with you using lots of CPU.

Edit: no DDoS protection tho. will this be a private or public server?

Public

• @joodle said:
    How about ovh ssd vps?

OVH VPS is bad. Lags.

• @Fastmancz said:
    OVH VPS is bad. Lags.

I had no problem running a few insurgency servers

• @Fastmancz said:
    OVH VPS is bad. Lags.

Possible depends on the DC location what DC did you use when you were having the lag?

• @Fastmancz said:
    OVH VPS is bad. Lags.

To which location?

• @IgniteServers said:
    Possible depends on the DC location what DC did you use when you were having the lag?

explanation lags (red sv, var). The picture is just an example.

• FastmanczFastmancz Member
    edited September 2015

@wych said:
    DediCore could be an option?

Expensive for me.

edited September 2015

@Traffic said:

DDOS Proctection - It's only for USA. Not EU.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • @wych said:
    To which location?

I had localization in Gravelines (FR). But it is expensive SSD VPS.

• Mind telling us where you are? I guess within EU?

@AshleyUK

• @Hidden_Refuge said:
    Mind telling us where you are? I guess within EU?

AshleyUK

EU in Czech Republic.

• You're probably better off just purchasing a gameserver.
    A VPS can be laggy at times when a lot of neighbors use the cpu ressources of the node.

One of my favorite gameserver-hosts: http://gameserveragent.de
    It's a sub-company of nitrado.net but cheaper and nitrado servers come with DDoS protection included.

• What's with everyone saying for a game server you need DDOS protection? It's only if you make it big with a community that it will get DDOS by jealous individuals

• Servercow?

• I'd honestly just go with NFOServers, they're a gaming company and have DDoS protection. Their VPS in Frankfurt Germany is $8.79/m. Whatever you end up getting tell me :) since im thinking about doing the same.

https://www.nfoservers.com/order-virtual-dedicated-server.php

• @itgods said:
    Servercow?

Interesting offer, but it is vCore shared? Or the funds are reserved?

• @lay295 said:
    I'd honestly just go with NFOServers, they're a gaming company and have DDoS protection. Their VPS in Frankfurt Germany is $8.79/m. Whatever you end up getting tell me :) since im thinking about doing the same.

https://www.nfoservers.com/order-virtual-dedicated-server.php

It is expensive (only one core).

• @Traffic said:

Erm vultr doesnt have ddos protection btw... its just null route. Nobody should pay for a freaking null route. Save your 10 dollars.

• @Fastmancz said:
    It is expensive (only one core).

Well whatever you go with just make sure you have DDoS protection and that's not cheap :/ I learned my mistake on that one

• n0my said: Erm vultr doesnt have ddos protection btw... its just null route. Nobody should pay for a freaking null route. Save your 10 dollars.

All they do is null route? I don't use it, but didn't know that.

Null routing is not protecting against DDoS, at least not in my book.

• BG32 said: What's with everyone saying for a game server you need DDOS protection? It's only if you make it big with a community that it will get DDOS by jealous individuals

You just need to kick the wrong guy...

• Yea, there was a thread for this not long ago. Its defo null route. And same, its not ddos protection in my book too.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

If your sv is 100+ you must have got some of the worst hardware in the world. Either that or your expectations for price does not meet your server requirements.

edited September 2015

@entrailz said: If your sv is 100+ you must have got some of the worst hardware in the world. Either that or your expectations for price does not meet your server requirements.

It's not true. VPS CPU - Intel Core i7-4930K (3,9 GHz) - 4 Core.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited September 2015

@Fastmancz

Contabo. i run a few homefront servers on them and that is quite CPU heavy

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/3135666

wych said: DediCore could be an option?

they do not show which CPU they use. only "Xeon" (could be using a super slow L5420 or something)

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

@Fastmancz said:

You should not have sv of 100+ with an i7 4930k. Perhaps you have a plugin that is causing big spikes? Unless you are running like 100+ slot servers, that doesn't make sense,