Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dedi/VPS with around 20TB storage, Gbit, big bandwidth, good CPU?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dedi/VPS with around 20TB storage, Gbit, big bandwidth, good CPU?

someSguysomeSguy Member
edited September 2015 in Requests

Looking for a big storage dedi or VPS for streaming.
Single IP is sufficient. Clientbase would be in Belgium, location is not important if good peering.

Storage: around 20TB netto
Link: Gbit
Memory: 8GB
CPU: 4 cores, minimum 3Ghz
Bandwidth: 10TB minimum

Any suggestions? Hetzner seems my best option so far with their SX130 at around 116.81 EUR incl. VAT.

Comments

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

hetzner:
    *There are no charges for overage. We will permanently restrict the connection speed if more than 50 TB/month are used (the basis for calculation is for outgoing traffic only. Incoming and internal traffic is not calculated). Optionally, the limit can be permanently cancelled by committing to pay € 1.41 per additional TB used. Please see here for information on how to proceed.

• PetaByetPetaByet Member
    edited September 2015

IIRC ext4 file system (widely used by CentOS 6 / Debian / Ubuntu / other Linux distros) has an upper limit of 16TB, so if you want to have 20TB in the same partition you might need to look for a newer OS.

CentOS 7 should be fine, not sure about others.

• @drserver 50TB is plenty for me (luckily).

@PetaByet I have used LVM in the past so didn't know about that, thanks!

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

someSguy said: @PetaByet I have used LVM in the past so didn't know about that, thanks!

it is common ext4 problem, if you have that issue JFS is solution

• @someSguy said:
    drserver 50TB is plenty for me (luckily).

PetaByet I have used LVM in the past so didn't know about that, thanks!

LVM should be fine, if you run kernel 2.6+ and a 64 bit OS the limit is 8EB (virtually unlimited)

• ru_tldru_tld Member, Host Rep

7x4TB SATA with RAID10 will provide you only 14TB netto storage.
    I don't recommend to use any other raid levels for streaming.

@someSguy Why did not want to stay in OVH? Seems that you've chosen them as a host in your last thread.

• @ru_tld: I do not need heavy streaming, so RAID6 will be just fine. I chose hetzner simply because of bandwidth and price.

• why no go ovh, ovh have promo server 2016 cheaper