Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RamNode Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RamNode Review

I've been with RamNode since February 2015. I know Nick as he is one of my, allegedly, happy customers (I've designed the RamNode logo and some other graphics) and seeing his dedication, I decided to investigate his service further which, after tests and due diligence, prompted me to signup and give it a try to the 128MB plan at $15/year.

As we speak the VPS which is used as my primary hosting:
02:51:07 up 189 days

Memory stats:
Total: 128
Used: 35
FREE: 92

But then, I am keen on optimizing everything.

So a 128MB VPS with RamNode is stable and reliable and I've been through a plethora of hosts. Support you say? What support? I didn't need support so far, is that good and that's the way it should be. Since this is an unmanaged service, support should not be needed in most cases as long as they keep running things smoothly.

Thank you Nick for the great service!

Comments

• What OS are you when you use only 35MB ram? My debian 8 install on yesterday's kidechire came with eating 80MB ram.

• Ive used Ramnode before a few years ago never had a problem with them also +1 company they have really good service.

• @GM2015 Operating System: CentOS 6 32-bit

I use Lighttpd for webserver and I optimize everything.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • @GM2015 said:
    What OS are you when you use only 35MB ram? My debian 8 install on yesterday's kidechire came with eating 80MB ram.

It's openvz.

• Thanks. I assume all that minimalism and efficiency comes with experience and time.

ypson said: @GM2015 Operating System: CentOS 6 32-bit.I use Lighttpd for webserver and I optimize everything.

• I have a RamNode VPS as well (128MB / $15 year) and never had to use support either thanks to the combination of a functional control panel (add IPv6 addresses, set reverse DNS, enable PPP, get a remote console etc. all work) and good uptime.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks @ypson! We are still happy with the designs you've created for us as well :)

Thanked by 1ypson
  • GM2015 said: What OS are you when you use only 35MB ram? My debian 8 install on yesterday's kidechire came with eating 80MB ram.

OpenVZ runs certain stuff only once per node, not per VM (kernel? idk?). If I remember correctly, my nginx+mysql+postfix setup (wordpress and email server basically) used only 50MB.

• @GM2015 said:
    What OS are you when you use only 35MB ram? My debian 8 install on yesterday's kidechire came with eating 80MB ram.

An OpenVZ VPS will use far less RAM than a dedi or even KVM.

Debian 7 with Lighttpd only uses like 5MB RAM

• Your website has recommended links, you should add them there. They're that goo :)