Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RamNode Review (Does LET even need another one?!)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RamNode Review (Does LET even need another one?!)

angrysnarlangrysnarl Member
edited September 2015 in Reviews

When I bought my first ever RamNode server last year, I honestly didn't expect too much. I thought I'd receive an average level of service at best due to their pricing structure. $15/year or $1.25/month for flawless service? Not gonna happen. Or so I thought!

In my one year of being a RamNode customer, I don't recall ever experiencing any major issue, apart from an incident regarding their DDoS-filtered IPs which was promptly rectified. Right now I have 1 KVM VPS with them and several OpenVZ VPSs, and my KVM VPS with RamNode is my most stable server out of my 20+ servers across different providers. Zero issues for the past year. Of course I've had to reboot it myself (kernel upgrades, etc.), but it has never been down without myself being the cause. As for my OpenVZ servers, they had to be rebooted a couple of times due to CPU lockups and other things, but downtime was very minimal (a few mins tops), so no big deal.

RamNode's staff are great. They communicate well and they're a considerate bunch of people. I used to order small VPSs from RamNode to test stuff, then cancel after a few days. I know companies like DO exist but meh. Anyway, I can't count the number of times I've had to ask them to add prorated credits to my account because I wanted to cancel a server I no longer needed. They never denied any of my requests. I know it's rightful that I get those credits because I paid them $$ anyway, but considering how little they charge, I sometimes feel it's too much trouble to ask them to do things like that.

My only complaint as of now is that it's harder than ever to order additional IPv4s from them. Then again, considering the current exhaustion of IPs, it's understandable.

To sum it up: RamNode provides excellent service especially for the price. I've no regrets in choosing RamNode as my main provider, in fact I wish I had found RamNode sooner.

Kudos to @Nick_A and the rest of their team for doing a fantastic job. Keep it up guys, I hope you continue to provide the same or even better level of service for many more years to come. (plz say yes!)

tl;dr RamNode is awesome!

Visit RamNode (affiliate link)
Visit RamNode (non-affiliate link)

Comments

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

No surprise here, and a well written review. Good job RamNode.

• RamNode is probably awesome, but i suggest banning any reviews that contain affiliate links in any shape or form.

• @rds100 said:
    RamNode is probably awesome, but i suggest banning any reviews that contain affiliate links in any shape or form.

The mods could remove it if it's not allowed. I didn't write the review in hopes of getting referrals anyway haha.

• Nice review. I always did think they were decent.

Also, @rds100, to be fair - he did post 2 links - both affiliate and non. If he's edited the post after the fact, even more cudos to him for that :)

Thanked by 1rgenzon
  • It will become suck without competition

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks @angrysnarl!

• @Nick_A said:
    Thanks angrysnarl!

Quick question (don't hate if the answer is somewhere as I'm lazy to search, this time only) does the premium OVZ SSD use raid 1/10?

Thanked by 1lostinwoods
  • @cece said:
    It will become suck without competition

Or @Nick_A just likes what he does and wants to provide a good product.

Either way, it's not like there's a lack of competition in this industry.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Quick question (don't hate if the answer is somewhere as I'm lazy to search, this time only) does the premium OVZ SSD use raid 1/10?

https://clientarea.ramnode.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=39

tl;dr: raid 10

• @hostnoob said:
    tl;dr: raid 10

Thanks for the info :) I just hate to search on my phone.

• RamNode is great. I always recommend them to people looking for a VPS.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Good review , it's help me to choose RamNode now

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @Nick_A what is current status of the control panel that you planned to develop supporting hourly billing with other cool admin & client side features?

• I'd love to see RamNode implement new features such as hourly billing and bandwidth pooling. Are they ever gonna ditch Solus?

• @angrysnarl said:
    I'd love to see RamNode implement new features such as hourly billing and bandwidth pooling. Are they ever gonna ditch Solus?

Why fix what isn't broken

Yep we're working on it. Just added someone else to the staff to help speed up the process.

Thanked by 1angrysnarl
  • RamNode Review (Does LET even need another one?!)

Absolutely, it's the only way to track that good hosts remain good.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @JUNAID said:
    Good review , it's help me to choose RamNode now

Signature max 2 lines, 3 links.

• @Jonchun said:
    Why fix what isn't broken

Sure it isn't broken, but improvements are always good. :)

• @Nick_A said:
    Yep we're working on it. Just added someone else to the staff to help speed up the process.

Will it support Windows and what kind of CPUs will it use? I currently use Vultr for when I need a windows VPS for a couple of hours.

aldothetroll said: Will it support Windows and what kind of CPUs will it use? I currently use Vultr for when I need a windows VPS for a couple of hours.

We don't plan on changing our CPUs or Windows policy (bring your own license).

• i'm so bored reading ramnode review, because they're all always good review, and my two vps(es) with them are (one is more than a year, and another a few months) all good, no major problems, that's it, ramnode is good.

Thanked by 3bersy Nick_A vimalware