Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay away from ChicagoVPS!!!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stay away from ChicagoVPS!!!!

jsergio123jsergio123 Member
edited September 2015 in Reviews

I really didn't want to write this review but after the lost of another container I have to make everyone aware. If you value your data or are looking to use your VPS for anything legitimate then stay away from CVPS! I have been with CVPS since 2011 and currently have 4 VPS's with them. I been through both security breaches which caused me to lose 3 VPS's twice!

With the exception of Chris, the rest of the staff are incompetent and sometimes I question their ability to read English and even do their job. A few days ago I cancelled one of my VPS's. Yesterday I woke to find one of my other servers down. I checked their control panel to find the server listed as "Virtual Server Not Found". I immediately begin to panic and open a support ticket up. Their support team replies,

"I do apologized but I have not found any server with the matching IP address.

Shall I proceed and setup a new server for you ?"

Like it's not a big deal for me to lose my entire container with all of my data! Like I haven't spent hours and hours setting up my server and services!

They don't know what happen to my server but I'm guessing some idiot that should be fired terminated the wrong server because the one I cancelled is still active!!!

I can't take it anymore with CVPS and will be moving my servers to a new host.

Thanked by 1GM2015

Comments

• This is why you should have backups

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • If you value your data then stay away from CVPS!

No back it up. Doesn't matter what host if you value your data back it up.

• jsergio123 said: Maybe I should give my lawyer as call as well......

Yeah, that sounds like a great use of everyone's time and money.

TBH, if you've lost 3 containers twice, stayed with them and didn't have backups, I've no sympathy for you as you're clearly a bellend.

• jsergio123 said: I have been with CVPS since 2011

All you have been through can't have been that bad then.

• @TropiThomas @Nekki I backup my server off site monthly. Last backup I have was done on the 23rd but that's not the point.

• jsergio123 said: Maybe I should give my lawyer as call as well......

• jsergio123 said: Last backup I have was done on the 23rd but that's not the point.

Then the point is despite them losing your containers repeatedly, you stayed with them. It's on you, bro.

Thanked by 2Jeffrey Pwner
  • @jsergio123 said:
    TropiThomas Nekki I backup my server off site monthly. Last backup I have was done on the 23rd but that's not the point.

Then your data can't be valued can it? If you require more up to date data then you should have a more up to date backup

• TBH,you need backup your data whatever the host is…

• @TropiThomas who said I require more up to date backups? Obviously if I scheduled offsite backups monthly then that is sufficient for my needs. I'll restore my server elsewhere.

@Nekki I agree, it's my fault for staying after so much bull but your missing the point of my review which is to warn others not to use CVPS!

• jsergio123 said: I agree, it's my fault for staying after so much bull but your missing the point of my review which is to warn others not to use CVPS!

Everyone else knows not to use them, you clearly missed the memo. The point of your review is more like 'if your provider loses your data twice, they're probably going to do it again'.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • touché

@Nekki said:
    Everyone else knows not to use them, you clearly missed the memo. The point of your review is more like 'if your provider loses your data twice, they're probably going to do it again'.

• @jsergio123 said:

Then don't come bitching to LET we get the point we already know about CVPS.

• I think you guys emphasizing the importance of backup didn't really understand what the OP was talking about. Losing the data is not the only thing that is annoying, rather, the interruption of the services, the setup time and effort also make it annoying.

Thanked by 1Taurolyon
  • jsergio123jsergio123 Member
    edited September 2015

@TropiThomas since when is a review consider bitching? Go troll somewhere else, the current members of LET might already now about CVPS but what about new members? Stop commenting...

• @elgs exactly! Thank you!

• jsergio123 said: since when is a review consider bitching?

When you have stated you stayed with them 4 years despite clearly having every reason to move on from them, not least the security breaches.

• @jsergio123 said:
    TropiThomas since when is a review consider bitching? Go troll somewhere else, the current members of LET might already now about CVPS but what about new members? Stop commenting...

I'm new and I know of CVPS. This somewhere for you to let our your anger on CVPSes data loss. They have done it in the past and done it again. The fact you haven't read their reviews makes you the least qualified to even post a review. You are the people that continue you to use GVH after they fail. You are the people that make GVH and CVPS and BlueVM etc live. Once you finally realize it's too late

• wow, must be hard to miss the everyday bitching threads about cvps since you've been here since may.

• @jsergio123 said:
    TropiThomas since when is a review consider bitching? Go troll somewhere else, the current members of LET might already now about CVPS but what about new members? Stop commenting...

A review is not bitching, but if there are already a dozen of reviews about CVPS and you post another one then it kinda is. The people who are smart will know about CVPS regardless if they are a new or an old LET member, and we don't need another "review" to tell them. It just seems your have to somehow complain your "journey" and you chose LET for it, which is a bad place anyways.

TL;DR If you posted about another provider, everyone here would be appreciated, nice, thankful to you, but CVPS, BlueVM, or other crap that we talked about millions of time, you will only get hate.

• @GM2015 said:
    wow, must be hard to miss the everyday bitching threads about cvps since you've been here since may.

Only 1 visit, 1 thread, 5 comments, all in this thread.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • Spoiler: backup your data with any VPS provider if your data is indeed "important"

Thanked by 1wolfman
  • If you care about your data, I suggest you use RamNode.

• Are you guys little kids? So what I made an account in may. I found cvps on lowendbox in 2011. I don't bounce from host to host so what could I review? After the securtiy breaches I had a good run with them until the recent months of horrible tech support. Last week they messaged me and asked me to leave them a review here which I did only to be trolled like this shit is 4chan or something.

According to you guys after x amount of reviews other people shouldn't make a review. Thats not how reviews work but maybe it is here. Most of you didn't even bother to read cause you keep replying with the same stupid comments about backing up my data which I already had answered my data is backed up off site.

If you already know about cvps then just move on and don't bother to read or comment. Is that so hard?

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • @jsergio123 said:
    Are you guys little kids? So what I made an account in may.

>

If you already know about cvps then just move on and don't bother to read or comment. Is that so hard?

It really is, there has been countless threads exactly like this one and they keep cropping up with no end in sight so everyone likes to dig in a little and have a bit of fun.

Plus there's little sympathy when and I quote:

both security breaches

and

months of horrible tech support

and

caused me to lose 3 VPS's twice

It's a buyers market, you're free to shop around as there's PLENTY of hosts out there eager to take your money and provide you a decent service. IF you choose to stick around after any one of those three then you're merely looking for trouble.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Make reviews all you want, just don't bitch when people flame you. We aint the kids, you are.

PS: CVPS_Chris can't take the heat and rarely gets on LET.

Thanked by 1lostinwoods
  • @Jeffrey said:
    If you care about your data, I suggest you use RamNode.

Because Ramnode never had everything go to shit?

The ONLY solution to prevent data loss is backups, not other providers.

Thanked by 1wolfman
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2015

I have used CVPS in the past, they have never failed my expectations.

Thanked by 2netomx Pwner
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Lee said:
    I have used CVPS in the past, they have never failed my expectations.

Because you didn't expect anything to begin with I guess ? :P

Thanked by 3Lee netomx Pwner
  • BharatB said: Because you didn't expect anything to begin with I guess ? :P

Indeed, I was pleasantly surprised as a result.

Thanked by 1netomx