Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would like to receive comments on this design [beta stage]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would like to receive comments on this design [beta stage]

edited September 2015 in Reviews

Our team has recently brought our portal theme alive. We would like to receive your idea about the design.

Design time : 2 weeks
Design crew : 2 members (1 Designer, 1 Developer)
UX evaluated : **No**
Stage : **Beta** v1
Type : Design and partial development
Based on : Portal v1 theme
Languages : HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, Smarty theme engine
Base script : whmcs v6
Mobile friendly : No. Will embedded in beta v3

https://eezpal.com/portal/

Thank you.
(Site hasn't been proof read)

Comments

• Looks about like every other website of this type.

• Damian said: Looks about like every other website of this type.

Yes. As this was intend to use as customer portal (which includes high rate of customer interaction) we wanted it to be a familiar experience

• Looks terrible in a phone.

• Design: 7/10

It looks like a simple wordpress site for me.

• edited September 2015

bookstack said: Looks terrible in a phone.

It should be.

sdglhm said: Mobile friendly : No. Will embedded in beta v3

Fritz said: Design: 7/10

It looks like a simple wordpress site for me.

Thank you. But it's WHMCS ;)

• angrysnarlangrysnarl Member
    edited September 2015

Looks meh tbh. First impression: you bought a $50 themeforest template and somehow screwed its responsiveness. Then again most themeforest templates are heaps better than your design.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • To be honest it looks generic. By that I mean it looks like every other hosting site I have come across. There is nothing to set you apart from them. I have no reason to stay on your site or to look any further then the first page. I can get the exact same thing from other people and I know them better.

Without something that will set you apart from every other "cookie cutter" host out there I don't see this endeavor being around long.

• Still waiting for the day to come where shared hosting providers list their php.ini on their sales page. ò.Ó

• I like it, except for the white borders on "Sign up" tab and "Select package"

• angrysnarl said: you bought a $50 themeforest template

No. Everything was built from scratch :p

AuroraZ said: To be honest it looks generic.

Yes. It was meant to be generic as this isn't our main site (Which is under development for it's 3rd version)

4n0nx said: list their php.ini on their sales page.

Our next version (b2) shows which packages are active and stuff.

hostnoob said: I like it, except for the white borders on "Sign up" tab and "Select package"

Any particular reason ?

• BTW, We had to limit our design since nothing runs out from whmcs system. So everything should be in line

• angrysnarlangrysnarl Member
    edited September 2015

I don't think you got my point. I'm fully aware you made it from scratch. I just said my first impression was it looks a lot like those $50 templates, only worse because not responsive + themeforest templates look more professional in general. I feel you'd be better off with one of those templates tbh. Current one looks like a half-assed attempt to create something that follows today's design trends.