Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wable VPS Review - Horrible Customer Service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wable VPS Review - Horrible Customer Service

So about 6 months ago (maybe more) I decided to sign-up with Wable to test their services out. Up until 1 week ago, I have had no problems with them, but that was all about to change.

I started to receive some DoS attacks on some of the servers I had with them, which I thought was all fine because I had previously opened a ticket before I bought the service asking if I could host gameservers/IRC bouncers/teamspeak on their servers. They responded a few hours later responding with it's all fine as long as the location is Dallas. Their reasoning was that Dallas had AutoNull and it would tolerate DDoS attacks there.

Well, the didn't seem to hold up for more than 1 year. I got on my computer on the weekend to find none of my Wable servers were up, I decided to check my emails and there was nothing, so I attempted to login to wable.com but it told me my username and/or password was incorrect.

I thought that was odd, so I reset my password and it still didn't work.

I emailed them (about 5 days ago) asking about the status of my account, but I have not yet received a reply.

I'm also not too happy with how they handled the DoS attacks, their system automatically spammed around 20 tickets accusing me of abusing their servers. No, I wasn't DoS'ing them, so why should I be accused for abuse? They sent a log with all of the incoming IP's and that doesn't seem normal to me.

Not a happy customer with Wable, will be sure not to be sucked in by their plans again, especially considering their communication sucks.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog

Comments

• Any chance we could see one of the emails where they "accuse you" of service abuse? To me it sounds like they were merely informing you that you were receiving a DDoS. However it'll still be nice to see how they actually worded it.

Anyhoo, we have this little gem from this TOS

If we determine that your server or services are a DDOS magnet or are otherwise likely to negatviely impact the uptime or performance of our network we reserve the right to suspend or terminate all services in the account without notice.

• Yeah it will be nice to see some evidence.

• They have auto-tickets for exceeding thresholds in their custom monitoring system.

Yes, with Wable, you have to somewhat manage your expectations about customer hand holding, on the promo/lower plans.
    Otherwise, they are technically very sound with three top notch DCs and network links.

Maybe someone on the higher tier plans can chime in whether support handholding scales up with plan tier. :)