Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ExtraVM - Dallas KVM VPS w/ DDoS Mitigation, IPv6, SSD, more.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ExtraVM - Dallas KVM VPS w/ DDoS Mitigation, IPv6, SSD, more.

MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
edited September 2015 in Offers

ExtraVM offers DDoS protected KVM VPS in Dallas, TX and will be expanding to east and west coast in the near future, as well as a possible EU location next year. We only use KVM currently, and clients can use our provided ISOs or we can mount your own for you to install. Have a question? E-mail us at sales[at]extravm.com.

Network? We use Psychz Networks, they are a highly reliable bandwidth and hardware provider in Dallas and Los Angeles, and provide DDoS mitigation that we use.

Hardware? We use Intel E3-1200 v3 series processors, 32GB RAM, and Samsung 850 Pro SSDs in RAID-1 for all of our current KVM systems. Your server will never be put on a server with oversold resources.

LET Promotion Deal

1GB RAM

8GB SSD Space (RAID)

2 CPU Cores

1Gbps Uplink

1TB Bandwidth

1 IPv4 Address

5 IPv6 Addresses

40Gbps DDoS Mitigation

$6.80 USD / month use promotion code "LET15" at checkout. Promotion is for lifetime of the service!

Looking Glass - https://lg.extravm.com

Questions - https://www.extravm.com/billing/contact.php

Comments

• How many samsung SSDs and of what size do you use?

• Any plans for LA location (or other locations) soon?

PS: E3 1200s have 4 cores of CPU, 32GB of RAM on full load will give around 32 clients (not counting host node resource usage), it is oversold in some ways. Over-load might be the better term.

• TheOnlyDK said: it is oversold in some ways. Over-load might be the better term.

What makes you think that? 32*6.80 are like 220$ - Easy to get an E3/32GB/2x256GB SSD/32TB BW/32 Ips for that.

• @William said:

Bandwidth is oversold 10TB I'd be suprised if he had. As for disk I'd like to see what configuration he uses.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    How many samsung SSDs and of what size do you use?

Right now 256GB drives in RAID-1, the future ones will be 512GB most likely, however I'm going to be gone next week out of town so when I get back I might decide to get some larger ones as I was debating about grabbing some 960GB SSDs since they're pretty cheap now. If that happens I'll offer to move clients to the larger plans for free, of course. I do want to have some OVZ plans in the future (which would be cheaper, of course), it would make a bit more sense with the larger disks.

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Any plans for LA location (or other locations) soon?

PS: E3 1200s have 4 cores of CPU, 32GB of RAM on full load will give around 32 clients (not counting host node resource usage), it is oversold in some ways. Over-load might be the better term.

I plan to do LA once their Ashburn location is online. The average load is never over 1.5-1.7 currently and RAM is undersold; Most of my clients simply run web servers, private tunnels, or VoIP servers so it's not much demanding stuff.

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Bandwidth is oversold 10TB I'd be suprised if he had. As for disk I'd like to see what configuration he uses.

Bandwidth isn't oversold, and I'll gladly give extra for free to clients if they are getting near the plan allocation as long as it's not for some crazy use;

• @William said:

Oversold != overload. I never said he overloaded the server (aka. server full still adding people), just said the better term shouldn't be oversold (as CPU is ALWAYS oversold, unless if it comes with a full dedicated CPU core). More of a joke-like comment on the term, nothing too serious here.

• Can I request install my custom ISO?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@catding said:
    Can I request install my custom ISO?

Yes, just submit a ticket and it can be done.