Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hong Kong KVM VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hong Kong KVM VPS

Hi!
What could you suggest
2 vCPU
8 GB RAM
300 GB storage
1 fixed ip address
unmetered bandwidth
TUN/TAP, VPN, so on.

Comments

• that won't be cheap - how much unmetered do you want, like 5Mbit? Where does the traffic go mainly, local HK?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2015

Do you really need 8 GB RAM and 300 GB storage? What is your budget?

OneProvider offers 320 GB storage for 320 USD/month (oh, and it's not unmetered). Can't think of any other high-storage KVM offers. Also you can probably get a dedi in HK for cheaper, e.g. for about $200/month from the same OneProvider.

• guys, I have this for 10 euro in Germany, what 320 USD/month are you talking about?

• Elias said: guys, I have this for 10 euro in Germany

Sure. Germany is also in western Europe and not in Asia. If you expect that pricing in HK/Asia you can already stop looking, pointless.

• We offer KVM in Hong Kong too at https://dediserve.com

• @Elias said:
    guys, I have this for 10 euro in Germany, what 320 USD/month are you talking about?

I have 2TB SSD RAID10 storage, 8GB RAM, 8 Core CPU, 50TB @ 10Gbps in North Korea, it only cost me $7 a year.

Thanked by 1lostinwoods
  • @TheOnlyDK said:
    I have 2TB SSD RAID10 storage, 8GB RAM, 8 Core CPU, 50TB @ 10Gbps in North Korea, it only cost me $7 a year.

And I'm santa.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

We can hook you up with something, although it will not be KVM but Xen instead.

You can contact @randvegeta for more information.

• @TheOnlyDK said:

No picture = hoax

• @BlaZe said:
    We can hook you up with something, although it will not be KVM but Xen instead.

You can contact randvegeta for more information.

for 10$ ?

• Go with the big guy, it's only $0.48 with RackSpace

• DalComp said: Go with the big guy, it's only $0.48 with RackSpace

Yea. Per Hour. 350$/Month...

• @William said:
    Yea. Per Hour. 350$/Month...

At least it's not $.48/sec.

Thanked by 1rokok
  • alanlukalanluk Member
    edited September 2015

@Elias said:
    Hi!
    What could you suggest
    2 vCPU
    8 GB RAM
    300 GB storage
    1 fixed ip address
    unmetered bandwidth
    TUN/TAP, VPN, so on.

The situation in Hong Kong is a bit complicated, upstream provider need to have a GFW to filter the traffic going to China to meet the rules of Chinese Government, the running cost were raised. As the China traffic occupy a lot of percentage of the oversea bandwidth in Hong Kong, so it make the cost of the oversea bandwidth higher, but if you only need local bandwidth, it's cheap.

• @alanluk said:
    We're selling international bandwidth for 350 HKD per 1Mbps per month in Hong Kong, if you get over 6Mbps, we can give you a dedicated server with hexa core, 12GB memory and 2 x 500GB hard disk for free, if interested, give me a PM.

Who are "we"?

It is not allowed to respond to threads requesting an offer with "PM me" or "e-mail me" without having had a public thread on LowEndTalk.com with your provider details in it (in accordance with our guidelines) OR a public statement of which company you represent.

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/15263/lowendtalk-rules-and-guidelines

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2015

alanluk said: situation in Hong Kong is a bit complicated, upstream provider need to have a GFW to filter the traffic going to China to meet the rules of Chinese Government

you... what? I don't know of any DC in HK implementing GFW design in their network - NTT/HKNET does not, Three/Hutchinson does not and HKIX has no filters either.

GFW is running on the other side of the network - Aka after CNT/CNU interconnect. Yes, they do the filtering in HK for BW going to China but they, and the CN gov, do not ask the HK ISPs to censor anything (yet).

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

alanluk said: upstream provider need to have a GFW to filter the traffic going to China to meet the rules of Chinese Government

That's simply not true. All traffic in/out of China goes through the GFW but it's not implemented by any of the HK carriers.

alanluk said: As the China traffic occupy a lot of percentage of the oversea bandwidth in Hong Kong, so it make the cost of the oversea bandwidth higher

China bandwidth has little or no bearing on the cost of international bandwidth unless the ISP is providing direct route to China.

HE.net operate in HK, they have no direct China route but are a fully/globally routable network and they are pretty damn cheap. Many providers in HK now provide little direct China route bandwidth, or not at all, and it is reflected in the price.

Junkless said: for 10$ ?

God no! If it's 100% local traffic, and they need 300GB disk + 8GB RAM it will still be over US$20 /month. These prices are simply unsustainable in HK. Everything cost more here apart from hardware.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • alanlukalanluk Member
    edited September 2015

@William said:
    GFW is running on the other side of the network - Aka after CNT/CNU interconnect. Yes, they do the filtering in HK for BW going to China but they, and the CN gov, do not ask the HK ISPs to censor anything (yet).

I mean the "upstream provider" with submarine cable network, not the local provider.

@randvegeta said:
    That's simply not true. All traffic in/out of China goes through the GFW but it's not implemented by any of the HK carriers.

All "upstream provider", like Reach, their cable landed to China, must buy the IDS firewall specified by Chinese Government since 2002.

• @randvegeta said:
    These prices are simply unsustainable in HK. Everything cost more here apart from hardware.

Here in HK all prices are ok except of real estate. Some hardware in China even more cheaper than in HK.
    The main question is I'm still searching for a good VPN, gimme some links please.
    I think its OK to pay $20 a month for KVM with around 2Cpu/4G/150Gb if my previous config is too tough for HK (which I use for 6 months in Düsseldorf and LA)

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Elias said: Here in HK all prices are ok except of real estate

Rack space costs more than USA or Europe.
    Power costs more than USA
    Labour is similar price.
    Bandwidth costs many times more than USA or Europe.
    -> 1G Local loop cost almost US$1,000. So to get 1G to HKIX will cost you about US$1/mbit, which is similar to normal bandwidth in USA.
    -> International bandwidth ranges from reasonable to absurd. After local loops, you can probably get HE.net bandwidth for as low as $4-$5 /Mbit, if you commit to 1G. Other providers will charge more like $20 - $30 /mbit at 100M+ commitments.

So how much bandwidth do you need? What destinations? What's your budget?

• jenokjenok Member, Host Rep

@Elias you've expected too much on Asia services. Hehe