Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wholesale internet $10 dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

wholesale internet $10 dedicated server

Hello,
wholesale internet has $10 dedicated server

Intel Core2Duo
1.6GHz or higher - 1 processor
2 Cores / 2 Threads
4GB DDR2
• 100Mbit Unmetered Transfer Only
• Linux
• 1 usable IPv4 Address
250GB SATA

I think it's better than VPS :)

Thanked by 1niceboy

Comments

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

That is the cheapest dedicated server I have ever seen :P

Only thing is their network does not provide ddos protection where a majority of VPS companies provide DDoS protection. Only thing I can think of. Please correct me if I am wrong though.

Thanked by 1HRxM2
  • GeekoineGeekoine Member
    edited August 2015

It depends on what use you are planning to do with it (and also from the VPS we are talking about). Anyway, kimsufi has something cheaper.

Thanked by 1rahulks
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Here's the actual page with their offers: https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/

• That's a really nice deal.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2015

The problem with these is that if you screw something up, no IPMI and you have to request a manual reinstall. Kimsufi is definitely the better choice for a cheap dedi.

Thanked by 2netomx Pwner
  • when I had a server with them in the past they were reply support tickets fast , two times re-install with them it took about 1-2 hours to reinstall server.
    but I don't know how many times re-install for free / per month (don't remember)

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

They couldnt manage my $60 server right, let alone any $10

Thanked by 4ATHK netomx BG32 Pwner
  • Google says the site not safe on mobile

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

The $10 says: dualcore ATOM

• sinsin Member

I had one of these about 2 months ago for $10 and they gave me an e5200 I believe although it was downclocked to 2GHz (and not by powersaving), it was supposed to be 4GB of RAM but they gave me 2GB instead. It was a nice little server for $10 but I gave it up as I couldn't really find a use for it

• @sin said:
    I had one of these about 2 months ago for $10 and they gave me an e5200 I believe although it was downclocked to 2GHz (and not by powersaving), it was supposed to be 4GB of RAM but they gave me 2GB instead. It was a nice little server for $10 but I gave it up as I couldn't really find a use for it

How can they give you less RAM than you paid for? Wouldn't this be a breach of contract and thus entitle you to a full refund?

netomx said: The $10 says: dualcore ATOM

Thought so too at first, but the next one is also $10.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@rm_ said:
    Thought so too at first, but the next one is also $10.

Just noticed!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Its a shame that you cant add any extra drives, I would have taken one.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • alsemany said: but I don't know how many times re-install for free / per month (don't remember)

https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/terms-of-service/

One free manual OS reload is allowed per billing period. Each additional OS reload will incure a $25 fee.

• @Silvenga said:

One free manual OS reload is allowed per billing period. Each additional OS reload will incure a $25 fee.

so it's one time OS reinstall per month , is it right ?

• alsemany said: so it's one time OS reinstall per month , is it right ?

I would assume so.

• Wow, I forgot how cheap WholeSale was!

• I used WholeSaleInternet many years ago, they where always helpful and quick.
    Left because connection back to Australia was not that great :(

• tenperatenpera Member
    edited August 2015

isn't D.A also free with them?

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • elwebmasterelwebmaster Member
    edited August 2015

Does anybody have a different test IP? The one on their website has very abnormal routing for me, goes through Europe then back to the US.

• tenpera said: isn't D.A also free with them?

Pretty sure, last I saw, DA licenses were free for DataShack customers, which DataShack and WholeSale both share the same building.

• Does anyone know if you can sideload Windows on the Atom or C2D like a Kimsufi or Online.net box @joodle

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

https://gyazo.com/4678189adb40bb50915ba10913703bff

IMHO I would avoid. I think though that you can ask for KVM. Its USB and very slow though. (so slow that my Windows install did corrupt. The fact I was installing from the other side of the world probably didn't help though)

• ehabehab Member
    edited August 2015

a dedi i can't re-install any time "freely" is not a dedi.

ehab said:

a dedi i can't re-install any time "freely" is not a dedi.

How about just not f*cking it up? I have not reinstalled most of my dedis in their whole lifetime after ordering.

IPMI hardware costs money, here you are offered a product which is cheap in part because it does not offer IPMI and because of a limit on the support time and effort you are allowed to request for manual reinstalls. And if you order a server not to fool around and screw things up but to actually use, these tradeoffs should be perfectly acceptable for the price.

Sure they did not automate reinstalls via a panel, but guess what, implementing automated reinstall also costs money and is a non-trivial work, which may not justify itself at all, after all this is only an issue on these ultra-cheap dedis, other offers likely have IPMI full time.

• wychwych Member

rm_ said: I have not reinstalled most of my dedis in their whole lifetime after ordering

Nice to know I am not alone.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited August 2015

Stay away from this company Wholesale Internet and its sister concern DataShack

Companys that don't even know how to respond to a sales ticket... write"sour" one-liners on emails are out of question for any professional or business association.

• wychwych Member

mehargags said: Companys that don't even know how to respond to a sales ticket... write"sour" one-liners on emails are out of question for any professional or business association.

Proof?

• ehabehab Member

@rm_ mistakes happen and i often do that a lot in inital setup/tests, ultra cheap dedi's that restrict reinstalls to me is just a strategy or some indication something is not smooth.

Thanked by 1sarras