Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hosteasy.eu - Moldova VPS from 4EUR
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hosteasy.eu - Moldova VPS from 4EUR

WilliamWilliam Member
edited August 2015 in Reviews

The rare (and short) review from me, because they do deserve it.... never seen them offer on LEB/LET.

I was customer before already, though at the time the VPS came with various unmetered options starting from 5Mbit so i cancelled after a month. Also had a dedi for a customer which worked fine as well.

They exist for longer time already (i remember registering RIPE PI space with them 2011) and seem pretty reliable, despite being in a "dangerous" country (yes yes, there is no open fighting/war between Chisinau and Tiraspol, but still, 10% of the country is essentially occupied by Russia). Registered company with their own DC that also seems to host a leg (or the entirety) of MD-IX, own network of course.

4EUR - without any added VAT (except if you are Moldovan i guess) gets you (paid quarterly @ 12EUR):

KVM

512MB RAM

10GB SSD on an unspecified RAID (probably 10)

100Mbit unmetered (eh, no idea how true, i don't use more than a few 100GB)

Voxility DDoS protection up to 500Gbit

Hosted in Chisinau, Moldova

Order delivery seems automatic, ordered in the morning and got the data after payment some hours later. No complaints, ordering system is standard WHMCS. Payment usual PayPal/CC.

OS template is recent (i ordered Ubuntu 14.04 which was only a few weeks behind on updates, which is kinda usual on KVM), but there is no option to reinstall the server - You don't get access to SolusVM (but i know it's solus due to remark in /etc/network/interfaces) but Reboot/VNC (though via JAVA applet) is available via the customer area. The JAVA applet was a real pain in the ass to get working, but i'm not sure if thats JAVA on my Mac or just the general shitty SolusVM implementation, can't blame the ISP for either.

Ticket for reverse DNS was answered and done in around 5min (both v4 and v6), Ticket for reinstall (Debian 7) in around 10 - Both within working hours in Europe, did not test outside but i doubt it is much different.

Routing is pretty good - It seems the Voxility protection is only enabled "on demand" as the usual routing goes via Interoute or Level3 to Romania or Moldova, though from Voxility the route goes direct also in non-DDoS case. I did not test the DDoS protection (and will probably never need it).

Speed is good, but i'm not sure about the promise of "100Mbit unmetered" - Will not test it out, but the ASN seems to host a few Tor relays.

Link to plans:

https://www.hosteasy.eu/virtual-server.html

Thanked by 3outime bersy k0nsl

Comments

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited August 2015

Look into their billing terms, no monthly payments for this cost. They wrote - Monthly - on front page than asking for prepay at once for more time

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2015

Don't care, even at Quarterly it's a fine price :)

• Just not clear :) They charge $6 monthly few months ago, now get cheaper but asking for longer terms.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I didn't know about the new pricing and bandwidth terms, so thank you for this review.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

William said: there is no open fighting/war between Chisinau and Tiraspol, but still, 10% of the country is essentially occupied by Russia

• hm? That's pretty clear - Transnistrian citizens get Russian passports, Russia has multiple military bases there, the only airport is Russian military built/controlled.... pretty sure that counts as occupation.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited August 2015

William said: there is no open fighting/war between Chisinau and Tiraspol, but still, 10% of the country is essentially occupied by Russia)

Time to add @Maounique into this treat :D Hey you?

William said: Russia has multiple military bases there, the only airport is Russian military built/controlled.... pretty sure that counts as occupation.

NATO (US/EU) has multiple military bases all around the World, no one talking about occupation..

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited August 2015

@William said:
    hm? That's pretty clear - Transnistrian citizens get Russian passports, Russia has multiple military bases there, the only airport is Russian military built/controlled.... pretty sure that counts as occupation.

Oh hai, 20+ US military bases in the Europe. http://www.letsgo-europe.com/Germany/military/installations.html

...and they don't even give US passports to the locals, such dictators...

Thanked by 4rm_ fitvpn netomx Shade
  • deadbeef said: ...and they don't even give US passports to the locals, such dictators...

Actually, giving out passports to the local population is a pretty good sign that the country is in fact controlled by the foreign force.

fitvpn said: NATO (US/EU) has multiple military bases all around the World, no one talking about occupation..

Says who? Where did i say that? Quote me now, idiot. Same shit, different country - Occupation on foreign soil.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • I had a very good relationship with HostEasy, they are excellent at what they do.

edited August 2015

@William said:
    Actually, giving out passports to the local population is a pretty good sign that the country is in fact controlled by the foreign force.

Oh, so it's not the military weapons, ammo, heavy machinery, personnel, guns that count into the occupation-o-meter, but papers. :)

Incidentally, a US passport is worth much more than a Russian one.

• William said: William

Quote yourself

https://youtu.be/T65SwzHAbes

Thanked by 1Shade
  • deadbeef said: Oh, so it's not the military weapons, ammo, heavy machinery, personnel, guns that count into the occupation-o-meter, but papers. :)

All counts - Consider that bases are limited influence (and often granted by the host country, sometimes not though, like Cuba) while giving out ID papers to the local population means you HAVE to have some control over and hollowing out the local government (why else would they agree to have a foreign force give their countries population IDs/Citizenship? Not like Germany would agree that the US will now give US passports to anyone living in Germany...)

Anyway, thats for cest pit - not for a review thread. I made my point clear, accept it or not - Don't give much shit.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @William said:
    Not like Germany would agree that the US will now give US passports to anyone living in Germany...

I'll just point out that Germany is a financial powerhouse and so their citizens don't have that much to gain anyway. Smaller countries with shitty economy though? Hell yes, why do you think people die in the tens of thousands trying to go illegally to better places?

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited August 2015

Bit strange if American forces coming to country they always called - defenders, if Russian coming with same mission they always called occupants..isn't?

Thanked by 1Shade
  • @fitvpn said:
    Bit strange if American forces coming to country they always called - defenders, if Russian coming they always called occupants..isn't?

It's a like sports, your team is always golden and the others always crap :)

• shafireshafire Member
    edited August 2015

Is IPv6 also DDoS protected?

• What about the VPSs performance? CPU, i/o, network benchmark/s maybe?

• deadbeef said: your team is always golden and the others always crap

Just hypocrisy

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Can you control the offtopic, @Spirit ? Pretty please

edited August 2015

@fitvpn said:

Obviously, along with huge volumes of stupidity.

• shafire said: Is IPv6 also DDoS protected?

IIRC Voxility does not provide protection for v6 at this time.

• GoMutantGoMutant Member
    edited August 2015

Nice choice of date to post this, as today is Moldova's independence day (24 years).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Day_(Republic_of_Moldova)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

netomx said: Can you control the offtopic, @Spirit ? Pretty please

There is no offtopic, as all posts discuss the information presented in the OP.
    If those get removed, OP needs to be corrected as well.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2015

It is not offtopic, Russia does occupy part of Moldova since the times of the Soviet Union (1990) even before Moldova declared independence. They were meant at first as a deterrent for independence (such as the paratroopers in the baltic states), but during the military putch in 1991 and the fallout from it, they got paralized and did not receive the necessary orders to occupy the rest of Moldova eastern of the Prut river, they kept only the small part east of Dniester.
    As if is this an occupation, of course it is, though I have to disagree with the russian IDs, they are not given to just anyone, passports and citizenship is given, but to the collaborators only (most already have them as they are russians from the 14th army), the original inhabitants have no rights, they are issued local IDs, though, if they get to ask.
    Most of the people took refuge in Moldova, Romania, EU, what remains are the occupants which settled there, the 14th army was not withdrawn, as promised, but it took up arms home and got the houses of the local people which fled.
    Economy is based on russian pensions paid to former military people, remittances from the refugees to whatever family they have left there and smuggling, which is the main part.
    Moldova was the rehearsal for Ukraine. Europe's and NATO's failure to solve the issue (instead they begged the russians to end the occupation and withdraw getting promise after promise they will, eventually) meant that the same model is now applied to Ukraine, and Baltic states are prepared. Russia held also an enclave in crimea supported by the russian pensions to the military and wages to the active ones which then went out of there to occupy the whole peninsula.
    Of course, in order to get Moldova as a whole, Russia must bypass Ukraine or put it again under full control, with bases and all, Moldova might be small and weak, but there is no way the Russians can build the necessary force to defeat Moldova and Romania only through air lifting volunteers in Transnistria and the necessary heavy weaponry they will capture from the local nazi army flying over hostile territory, no, Ukraine must be destroyed first.
    On the other hand, romanians left it long ago so there is no real incentive to clear up the russian army from there for the government in Chisinau, that is an european problem, after all, if Ukraine will hold the frontline, Russia will probably delay his Baltic plans, maybe indefinitely.
    If Ukraine falls, then there is nothing that can stop an all-out war, Russia will not stop there, will continue to grab land in georgia, moldova, the baltic states, poland and romania, etc.
    So, right now, the frontline is in Ukraine, everyone must help it, failing to take Ukraine will probably mean the end of Putin, a long war of attrition there is not in his interest, russian conventional forces are pathetic and will never threaten NATO and he cannot really hope to start a nuclear war and win it, even if the number of nukes is on par with the americans, the delivery and countermeasures systems are way behind.

As a conclusion, Moldova is way less safer and poorer than Romania, but hosting there for a few years will not be in danger, at least not while Ukraine still stands. If Ukraine falls, you have time to take backups.

This discussion has been closed.