Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMWARE vps with 1GB RAM/20GB SSD/2TB traffic in UK/FR/DE/IT/CZ for 12eur/year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMWARE vps with 1GB RAM/20GB SSD/2TB traffic in UK/FR/DE/IT/CZ for 12eur/year

GeekoineGeekoine Member
edited August 2015 in Providers

I'm looking at the offer of VPS cloud by Aruba, and I'm wondering which is the real price. If I follow this link

https://www.arubacloud.com/vps/virtual-private-server-range.aspx,

the VPS smart starts from 1 euro/mo. If I switch to the italian site

https://www.cloud.it/vps/offerta-tipologie-virtual-private-server.aspx

the same VPS costs 4,99 (BTW: as you probably know, Aruba is an italian provider)

Do you have any idea?

Thanked by 2marrco rokok

Comments

• Looks to me like regional pricing. :-)

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2015

Yes, it's a promotional price.

I did not post it here fearing it could get abused, since Aruba is a (kinda) small company which will not give out hundreds of 1€ VPS.

By the way, they were the guys announcing hijacked IP space for Hacking Team/Italian police.

Thanked by 1Shade
  • They require ID verification, right?

• @Nyr said:
    Yes, it's a promotional price.

I did not post it here fearing it could get abused, since Aruba is a (kinda) small company which will not give out hundreds of 1€ VPS.

By the way, they were the guys announcing hijacked IP space for Hacking Team/Italian police.

Where did you read it's a promotional price? It may be, of course, but It doesn't seem to be. I can't read anything about it.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Geekoine said: Where did you read it's a promotional price? It may be, of course, but It doesn't seem to be. I can't read anything about it.

It's common sense: the 1€ plan is not profitable and obviously doesn't scale linearly to the higher priced plans.

Thanked by 2Geekoine agonyzt
  • GeekoineGeekoine Member
    edited August 2015

@Frecyboy said:
    They require ID verification, right?

They send a SMS for the activation of the promotional credit, but they don't require ID verification (at least, they didn't some months ago, when I tried their VPS)

Thanked by 1Frecyboy
  • marrcomarrco Member
    edited August 2015

I just bought one, works fine. i still have not found how to set the reverse for the IP i got.

I think there are 6 datacenter where you can get this special:

DC6-UK England
        DC1-IT Italy
        DC2-IT Italy
        DC3-CZ Czech Republic
        DC4-FR France
        DC5-DE Germany
  • @geekoine There site states

In order to validate your account, you need to provide the following:

• Individual: copy of valid ID card / passport.

Maybe I just try it.

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited August 2015

Works fine:

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           L5640  @ 2.27GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  2261.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 1000 MB
    Total amount of swap : 1903 MB
    System uptime :   3 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 99.5MB/s
    I/O speed :  477 MB/s

an excellent vps for about 15usd/year, with 1GB ram and 20GB ssd disk, virtualization is VMWARE. And you have 6 different datacenter to choose. I tested the Italian one and it ain't so good, Prometeus is much better located. I guess the best are UK, France and Germany.

• MuZoMuZo Member
    edited August 2015

@marrco said:
    I just bought one, works fine. i still have not found how to set the reverse for the IP i got.

If I may ask, where are you from? Did they asked you for verification? If yes, which?

Thanked by 1shell
  • @Muzo, i am Italian, and already have a different account with this company for an unrelated service, but i had to create a new account and i chatted with sales support in English (they don't speak Italian!). I guess I've been manually verified. I first created an account, then tossed up 12eur+vat, then waited for and additional email that i'd been verified, and just then i could create a new server.

Aruba is a well know company in Italy, they own a few datacenter, and this promo, is too good to pass. You can have a 1GB RAM/20GB SSD/2TB traffic in UK/FR/DE/IT/CZ for 12eur/year

Thanked by 1MuZo
  • @marrco said:
    Muzo, i am Italian, and already have a different account with this company for an unrelated service, but i had to create a new account and i chatted with sales support in English (they don't speak Italian!). I guess I've been manually verified. I first created an account, then tossed up 12eur+vat, then waited for and additional email that i'd been verified, and just then i could create a new server.

Aruba is a well know company in Italy, they own a few datacenter, and this promo, is too good to pass. You can have a 1GB RAM/20GB SSD/2TB traffic in UK/FR/DE/IT/CZ for 12eur/year

So, you are italian and you are paying 1 euro and NOT 5 euro? In this case, I will take it! (didn't you get any promotional voucher? Perhaps this is the difference)

• BTW: when I check on the configurator, here:

https://www.arubacloud.com/cloud-computing/configure-your-cloud.aspx

I see 4,99/mo, again

Thanked by 1gsrdgrdghd
  • @Geekoine no voucher, just created a new account, tossed up 12+vat eur via paypal and bought the 1eur/month vps. Activation was fast for me, so i could chose a DC and have my server running in a few minutes.

It looks like there's no ipv6 and i still haven't found where to set up the reverse for my ip, but apart from these small issues it's a terrific offer. Aruba is not a small company, they own a few datacenter and (per https://www.aruba.it/en/about-us.aspx) have over 2 million customers

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • @Geekoine said:
    BTW: when I check on the configurator, here:

https://www.arubacloud.com/cloud-computing/configure-your-cloud.aspx

I see 4,99/mo, again

That's a different product. Trust me, i just bought one. When your account is validated you have to login to the control panel, then click on Cloud Computing, then click on new server. You have to choose "CLOUD SERVER SMART" (Smart = VPS)

• I trust you (but it is the same product at a different price, have a look at the tab "cloud server smart" in the link I provided). Anyway, I'm looking for my aruba account in order to take one:-) Thank you a lot

• Ok, ordered, loaded up 5€,and got validated without id.

Thanked by 1wolfman
  • GulfGulf Member

Could you please share or send me via PM a test IP

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited August 2015

@Gulf it's 6 different datacenter in 5 countries (UK/FR/DE/IT/CZ). I don't have test IP for all of those.

@Geekoine try to logout from you existing account, and create a new one with browser in incognito mode, maybe you're marked as a rich customer than can pay 5x for the same product.

I know it's the same product, and it's not easy to click on the right option to get the 1GB RAM/20GB SSD/2TB traffic in UK/FR/DE/IT/CZ for 12eur/year.
    You create an account and toss some money, you get the login to your Customer Area, then, after you're validated you receive the login to your Control Panel where you have to click on Cloud Computing and choose Cloud Server Smart.
    Maybe there's an easier way, but i had to run through all this steps, but now i have one more server idling. Maybe i'll buy one or two more in different DC. Price is too good to pass.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • MuZoMuZo Member

@marrco thank you. Is it possible to rebuild the VPS in another location without buying another one?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Such clouds, however seems a neat deal. Btw they have also a 10EUR Coupon for 60 days.

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited August 2015

@MuZo, i don't know. But that's a good question. Did you find how to set the reverse for your ip? Or where to open a ticket for support?
    I really don't like their control panels, but the price is terrific for a vmware vps.
    Where did you get yours? UK?

@Infinity580 are you sure you can buy this special 1eur/1/GB ram offer with the coupon?

• GulfGulf Member

@Infinity580 said:
    Such clouds, however seems a neat deal. Btw they have also a 10EUR Coupon for 60 days.

Share plz

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Gulf

You need to apply for the coupon: https://www.arubacloud.com/free-trial.aspx

Thanked by 1Gulf
  • MuZoMuZo Member

marrco said: Did you find how to set the reverse for your ip? Or where to open a ticket for support? I really don't like their control panels, but the price is terrific for a vmware vps. Where did you get yours? UK?

I haven't bought it yet, I don't want to be asked to send my ID card

• AeneAene Member

Tried to do as @marrco suggested and haven't been asked for ID yet. Currently trying to create a server in Germany.

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited August 2015

Created one in Germany, seems to be in Frankfurt

• MuZoMuZo Member
    edited August 2015

Information about the datacenters (but no test IPs): https://www.arubacloud.com/infrastructures.aspx

For CZ it seems to be http://www.forpsi.com, and forpsi is part of aruba group, so they own the datacenters in Italy and in Czech. For the other locations they rent space from a "partner". Info from: https://www.aruba.it/en/about-us.aspx

EDIT: tried to register, seems that my postcode is not valid and I can't go further. Not going to bother with it.

• Postcode is IIRC 5 digit - Prefix with 0 and it should go through.

Thanked by 1MuZo
  • Geekoine said: VPS smart starts from 1 euro/mo.

Not be surprised because upload ID needed for obtain