Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CDN with acceptable speed to China Mainland?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CDN with acceptable speed to China Mainland?

XIAOSpider97XIAOSpider97 Member
edited August 2015 in Providers

So I am looking for a reliable CDN provider. I tried AWS CloudFront, but my custom SSL cert never works. So I've given up. (I successfully uploaded the cert via IAM, but CANNOT build a distribution using this cert, every time getting errors)

I will not move my site to China Mainland or store any files inside or try to get an ICP license, so don't mention Qiniu, Upyun, etc...

Are there any recommendations? Did anyone used Raskspace CDN? (Seems they're using Akamai...)

Or any else reliable providers?

Requirements:

CDN should not direct China visitors to US PoPs. JP, HK, TW and SG PoPs are "acceptable".

(For example: though CloudFlare has HK PoP, they will direct CT/CU traffic to US, this is not acceptable to me)

Supports SNI SSL for no extra fees

No KeyCDN, as their IP (119.81.135.27) comes with some packet loss... (may due to crowd @ SL HK)

Comments

• jhjh Member
    edited August 2015

Rackspace is good but AFAIK they can't pull content from elsewhere so you have to upload everything separately. I don't think they have SNI but might be wrong.

Since you're happy with CloudFront's network and they have SNI, I would try to sort out the IAM issue. If you're technical, there is a wealth of information on any errors you're getting, which are most likely related to key size (I don't think they accept 4096 bit) or encoding. If you're not, Amazon support can help you.

First off, check that you're not using a 4096 bit key.

• XIAOSpider97XIAOSpider97 Member
    edited August 2015

@jhadley said:
    First off, check that you're not using a 4096 bit key.

Oh... thx! I pushed them a ticket... I am using 2048 bit key.

Yes I am happy with CloudFront's network and the speed is ok, but I just want to use cdn.xxx.net instead of dxxxxx.cloudfront.net.