Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GSA Search Engine Ranker Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GSA Search Engine Ranker Review

Please share your review
Thanks

Comments

• stabstab Member

As far as I know it "works" if spamming is your thing. It's not mine.

• forum.gsa-online.de you'll find enough people there too.

• 2 months and give nothing but irrelevant backlinks. Now I really do not care about backlinks, just write and wait™

• this sounds really good

where do I sign up?

• Where is the statement of:

"This is a low end vps forum, not an seo forum!" ??

mrsdoyle said: this sounds really good. where do I sign up?

• @GM2015 said:

"This is a low end vps forum, not an seo forum!" ??

you are of course totally right, this forum is for vps and not seo and software

thank you for pointing this out :)

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • here is a great review on gsa search engine ranker.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Registered said:
    here is a great review on gsa search engine ranker.

Looks legit.
    As for the software itself, I believe it is some forum/blog spam engine?

• @Maounique said:
    As for the software itself, I believe it is some forum/blog spam engine?

Correct. It's a link spam tool. You combine it with some other tools to auto submit spam to many sites. Gives you a ton of shitty, low quality links.

@2014 Read this before you buy a license and end up nuking your domain: http://www.jacobking.com/broken-tiered-link-building

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • These kinds of things can do more harm than good, so much so that often people will use them to target their competitors sites.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
    edited August 2015

ricardo said: so much so that often people will use them to target their competitors sites.

I wasnt thinking of this, now that you told me, I am getting kinda worried...
    It may be more effective than ddosing.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited August 2015

Yeah. I've been a member/mod of a marketing/seo forum for a while and there's always been lots of noise/moaning about it, as people will exploit anything for gain, particular when $ is involved. No hard feelings there.

Google changed their guidelines slightly no so long ago to say that 'almost nothing outside of your control' can affect your sites performance in Google, which equates to 'some things competitors do may damage your rankings'. The colloquial is 'negative SEO' but it's often used in the wrong context. Obviously it can be quite frustrating if you've spent a lot of hours creating something and building up a userbase... and some fiverr gig and a glut of links breaks your stream of referrals.

I can understand if from Google's POV though. If there were no negative ranking factors, you could throw out a few thousand sites and get to reverse engineering.

It's not much of a problem for sites that already have a strong link profile.

These low quality in volume links worked OK up until about 5 years ago. Sometimes you can still get them to work in your favour but it's a risky game and TBH, a fairly poor tactic.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @ricardo said:
    I can understand if from Google's POV though. If there were no negative ranking factors, you could throw out a few thousand sites and get to reverse engineering.

The whole point of SEO is implicit reverse engineering and G is promoting SEO, not hampering it. In my view, they had to do negative factors because it was impossible to do good ranking without it. Spamming increases the positive indicators and you can't keep getting new ranking factors that have not been spammed yet. So, negative weighted values were a must.

Sometimes you can still get them to work in your favour but it's a risky game and TBH, a fairly poor tactic.

That's the so called "churn and burn" tactic. I agree, it still works but its more expensive and dies faster. Oh, the days where you'd rank a medium keyword within a weekend with SB blasts.... :o

Thanked by 1ricardo
  • @Maounique said:
    I wasnt thinking of this, now that you told me, I am getting kinda worried...

I thought you were an anti-market type of guy, you have commercial online properties that people would like to make you stop making money with? :o

• Anything I've ever done (I'm not an SEO, just work with them) has involved getting slightly better quality links, either by paying people to stick links in their site or using expired domains and whatnot.

I've heard of the churn and burners just leaving their scripts running over the weekend and coming back to some nice rankings. Sounds like you may have dabbled in that :)

FWIW I see great results with using expired domains. example KW, 27K searches @ $3.50 a click in the US market. We gave it 500 expired domains and within a month it was top 3. Seems like that's something you may be interested in so maybe PM me if you like expireds. /end promo

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @ricardo

Looks like both you and me are in the periphery of the SEO industry ;) I'm not a professional seo, I make money from involvement in the broader community.

Thanked by 1ricardo
    edited August 2015

@deadbeef said:
    I thought you were an anti-market type of guy, you have commercial online properties that people would like to make you stop making money with? :o

What has this got to do with making money? You can be buried by a government campaign and google would just shrug and say, hey, stop doing that SEO backlinks stuff, for now you are banned from our engine. No need for take down notices which need to have a pretext and are embarrassing for some people which still want to pretend they allow free speech, just start spamming some forums and blogs, bam, mission accomplished.
    So far haven't seen this in the wild, maybe corporations, cults, governments are not so smart...

• So far haven't seen this in the wild

You've seen the opposite happen though, "miserable failure".