Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Linode is now in Frankfurt, Germany
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Linode is now in Frankfurt, Germany

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2015

Their blog is heavily censored, seems they don't like problem reports and don't want any other responses than "Awesome guys!"

rm August 3rd, 2015 at 12:32 pm Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Your Speedtest is not accessible over IPv6.
    $ ping6 speedtest.frankfurt.linode.com
    PING speedtest.frankfurt.linode.com(2a01:7e01::f03c:91ff:fe26:8794) 56 data bytes
    ^C
    — speedtest.frankfurt.linode.com ping statistics —
    10 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 8999ms

Host Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev

[…]
    6. RT.EQX.FKT.DE.retn.net 0.0% 5 78.2 81.7 78.2 95.0 7.4
    7. gw2.fra1.de.linode.com 0.0% 5 80.1 80.2 80.0 80.5 0.2
    8. ???

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited August 2015

@rm_ this is typical business strategy to get a lot of positive customers. Because the other dark side of the project you can't find.

Thanked by 2Profforg bersy
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited August 2015

rm_ said: Their blog is heavily censored

It's been that way for years, you will never find a negative anywhere on channels they control other than the forum, and they do not last long there either.

• ProfforgProfforg Member
    edited August 2015

desperand said: this is typical business strategy to get a lot of positive customers. Because the other dark side of the project you can't find.

True.

The only question is - should we avoid such companies and go for ones, which did not hide their problems, or we should just agree that such activity (hiding bad things) is fine?

• their forum their way. these route problem should be solve in their ticket system. Nobody likes negative things especially against your company.
    just like the guy who had their samsung battery exploded, they made the guy sign a silent agreement inorder to get replacement.
    you have a choice to not buy from them.

Aaaand my comment got deleted without passing that moderation. Wow.
    The IPv6 issue still not solved, of course.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
    edited August 2015

belinik said: should be solve in their ticket system

I don't have an active Linode, nor do I ever plan getting one in Frankfurt. Now why again should I bother with their "ticket system" instead of letting them know of a real problem they have in their deployment, using the way which is most convenient to me?

Any properly ran provider would just say thanks and fix this in 15 minutes; or if you're going to nuke the comment, then still fix the damn thing and send your explanation/thanks privately to me via E-Mail. None of this had been done, Linode prefers to simply censor the issues that they have instead of solving them.

• I'd say avoid companies like that and post complaints on LET and your own blog. :)

• LeeLee Veteran

Whether you like it or not they won't allow their own marketing channels to be polluted with anything but good news. It's the way it has always been. That does not mean they are not aware of the issue.

A ticket from registered users is the only way to raise technical topics.

Thanked by 1pervert
  • @pervert said:
    stop posting perverted stuff on the linode blog then

This jackass again?

edited August 2015

Lee said: they won't allow their own marketing channels to be polluted

Sure, but I would still appreciate a line or two dropped via E-Mail explaining this. As it stands, they just gave a very bad impression, coming off as rude and ruthless corporate marketoids employing censorship to maximize profit and PR, while not caring in the slightest about the actual community relations and responding to whatever issues the users have.

• @rm_ said:
    Sure, but I would still appreciate a line or two dropped via E-Mail explaining this. As it stands, they just gave a very bad impression, coming off as rude and ruthless corporate marketoids employing censorship to maximize profit and PR, while not caring in the slightest about the actual community relations and responding to whatever issues the users have.

Care to send me the full issue via pm. We are customers of them although I'm not sure they'd allow me to use our account where the e-commerce is at ( in that account) just to comment this type of thing but I can try ;)

• Hi everyone, I'd like to clear up some stuff here. Sorry that the comment was removed on our blog, I'm honestly not sure why that was. There's a chance it could have gotten caught by a spam bot due to how it was written (code/console output tends to happen with that), and it wasn't approved in such amount of time.

However for the issues you had, I just went ahead tested IPv6 in Frankfurt and everything is working fine. I'm with you that I couldn't reach the IPv6 speedtest, but I spun up my own Linode in Frankfurt and was able to ping it over IPv6 without any issues or setup asap. I'm going to reach out to our team to find out what's wrong with our speedtest for it.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Linode Community Advocate

• Just got word that it should be fixed in about an hour.