Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scan servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Scan servers?

I recently been looking for some scan servers & although fully legal it seems to be an issue finding some after 4 different hosts dropped us they generate alot of abuse complaints although these complaints are unlawful unless your dutch which is the only country with laws aganist it. free dmca hosts also dont seem to want scanning as they call it hacking / spamming / some shit that has nothing todo with some pings & udp packets
anybody can recommend some hosts that understand the laws vs mad NOC's with no legal grounds complaining?

Comments

• What kind of scanning ? It depends on the type.

• GM2015GM2015 Member

Public proxy scraping for search engine harvesting. Right?

• AeneAene Member

Might be mail- and webserver scanning as well in order to find statistics about servers that hasn't been patched. I get dozens of those a day from various "research"-institutions. As they are legal I tend to ignore them. But then there are a few who don't know how to configure their scanners in a sensible way...

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Shodan does this so just search your logs for "shodan" and go to the same providers.

• Ecatel probably does not give a shit, even while being Dutch.

Scanning is legal in Austria/Germany but most providers will kick you for getting a lot of abuse, this also applies to other countries.

What is your budget and how much traffic does it generate? What server specs do you need?