Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runabove + openvpn
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Runabove + openvpn

A friend who is trying to make use of openvpn to connect his server told me he is unable to do such thing from his servers according to what he told me. Can someone confirm please?

Comments

• You need to open up the port in the firewall (RunAbove OpenStack Control Panel).

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Thanks. I'll forward this.

• AICAIC Member

@inthecloudblog said:
    Thanks. I'll forward this.

Information is not complete for the answer.

First check the tun/tap is enable on the server. if yes openvpn is installed on the server. If installed he need to check the certificates are created correctly and provided to the client. if yes he need to confirm the .ovpn file to be configured correctly. If yes he need to check the Firewall the port of the vpn is open for connection. If yes he need to post the logs of the connectivity to further refine the issue and find the solution.

• @AIC said:
    I

It's kvm.

• AICAIC Member

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    It's kvm.

still you have to check if the tun/tap is enable from your side. command is
    cat /dev/net/tun

If you receive the message cat: /dev/net/tun: File descriptor in bad state your TUN/TAP device is ready for use

• Thanks guys. This will definitely help. Concerning what has to be enabled he already knows it given he is not only an experienced ( coder) and sysadmin but he has been able to do the same with another provider in a matter of minutes ( but he wasn't aware of what @FlamesRunner pointed out I believe).
    Thanks again guys. In case of trouble I'll keep you posted .

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited July 2015

No problem, I had this issue back when I ran a server with RunAbove as well ;)