Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching for VPS - $15 montly/200 GB/Unlimited Bandwidth/Windows
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Searching for VPS - $15 montly/200 GB/Unlimited Bandwidth/Windows

rudolphdrudolphd Member
edited July 2015 in Offers

My current VPS has speed problems and it's impossible to move cursor in VNC and RDP, upload speed is not more than 14 Mbps. Everything was great for 20 days (100Mbps UP/DOWN), but then it suddenly got very slow. They reinstalled the whole VPS and speed increased from 6 Mbps UP to 13 Mbps.

So, can anyone offer a VPS with ~200 GB disk space, unlimited bandwidth, Windows, at least 1.5 GB ram for $8 - 15 monthly

Comments

• bersybersy Member

https://contabo.com/?show=vps

Unlimited traffic: No additional costs due to traffic (if average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 60 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 5 days the connection is switched to 10 Mbit/s).

• rudolphdrudolphd Member
    edited July 2015

@bersy said:

Unlimited traffic: No additional costs due to traffic (if average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 60 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 5 days the connection is switched to 10 Mbit/s).

Looks OK, and after it switches to 10 Mbit how long does it stay like that ?

Oh Windows is extra + 6 EUR, so that's not an option for me, it exceeds $15 range. Some other VPS providers have free Windows, with 180 trial period. (Forgot that I was looking at the 1 TB plan)

• cociucociu Member

location ?

edited July 2015

@cociu said:
    location ?

europe

edited July 2015

@bersy said:

I was about to order it, but there are some really bad reviews about contabo VPS a.k.a giga-hosting

http://www.hostsearch.com/review/contabo_review.asp

"At first it was OK, the from a day or two it started to become painfully slow and I cannot even type a word."

• ProfforgProfforg Member
    edited July 2015

If you want disk/network speed, contabo is definitely no choice for you. Their drives are SATA 2, very slow and with RAID 10 (looks like software, hell slow). Network is oversold and slow most time.

15$ is too low for such. You can't find VPS with SSD with 200 GB space. And unmetered traffic is also no way. If you want network speed, search only for limited bandwidth offers.

You should lower your expections or simply change something. Why the hell you need 200 GB space and unmetered bandwidth on Windows? You made something wrong by fact. Are you searching for seedbox (seed torrents)?

• Kimsufi? The setup fee is a hit in the bollox but after wards is fine

Thanked by 1rudolphd
  • @Profforg said:
    If you want disk/network speed, contabo is definitely no choice for you. Their drives are SATA 2, very slow and with RAID 10 (looks like software, hell slow). Network is oversold and slow most time.

15$ is too low for such. You can't find VPS with SSD with 200 GB space. And unmetered traffic is also no way. If you want network speed, search only for limited bandwidth offers.

You should lower your expections or simply change something. Why the hell you need 200 GB space and unmetered bandwidth on Windows? You made something wrong by fact. Are you searching for seedbox (seed torrents)?

I need space for short term storage (DL, few days/weeks later UP), not for seedbox. And I used similar VPS but with 150 GB, they had unlimited bandwidth, everything was fine until it got slow..

Why should I lower my expectations ? I need HDD not SSD which costs 10x more..

edited July 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Kimsufi? The setup fee is a hit in the bollox but after wards is fine

I don't want to mess around too much, If I buy kimsufi I need to install vmware, some virtualization software, etc, windows trial and all that other sh*t.

• @rudolphd said:
    I don't want to mess around too much, If I buy kimsufi I need to install vmware, some virtualization software, etc, windows trial and all that other sh*t.

Not at all. @Joodle has created a lovely method. It's on http://Joodle.NL give it a check out.

Thanked by 1BlazeMuis
    edited July 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Not at all. Joodle has created a lovely method. It's on http://Joodle.NL give it a check out.

I saw it some time ago when I considered buying kimsufi, but I saw some huge tutorial with 50 or 60 images.

Is it possible to install Windows Server 2012 ? I saw only Windows server 2008 tutorial.

edit: found the link for ws2012 - https://joodle.nl/install-windows-on-a-kimsufi-server/

• Yep. He updated his tutorial. I'm using it currently on a KS2 loving it.

@rudolphd said:
    Is it possible to install Windows Server 2012 ? I saw only Windows server 2008 tutorial.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom what about the speed ? is it really 100Mbps ?

• @rudolphd said:
    TinyTunnel_Tom what about the speed ? is it really 100Mbps ?

Yep. Maxxed it loads 24/7

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Yep. Maxxed it loads 24/7

I think I'm gonna go with Kimsufi 2, thanks for the info. Is there any new promo codes for it ?

• @rudolphd said:
    I think I'm gonna go with Kimsufi 2, thanks for the info. Is there any new promo codes for it ?

Sadly not :( anyway glad I could be of help ;)

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Sadly not :( anyway glad I could be of help ;)

It's not that easy to get kimsufi actually, I need to send them my address proof, ID's etc..

• @rudolphd said:

I was fine? O.o am I the only person never been asked for ID

• I'm wondering if Kimsufi/OVH are gonna come to my house with police and arrest me for downloading torrents ? ... :D

• @rudolphd said:
    I'm wondering if Kimsufi/OVH are gonna come to my house with police and arrest me for downloading torrents ? ... :D

Ive been fine

• rudolphd said: I need HDD not SSD which costs 10x more..

"fast" with HDD is not possible. Suffer with slow or use SSD.

edited July 2015

Does anyone knows how long kimsufi validation takes ? I'm waiting for 17 hours now...

• @rudolphd said:
    Does anyone knows how long kimsufi validation takes ? I'm waiting for 17 hours now...

Usually worth the wait. 24h for me

edited July 2015

Kimsufi is not that fast actually, haven't seen 100/100 or more than that...

Btw there are so many Muslims in that city that they're even showing ads in Arabic.

I don't know why but even Google.com redirected to Google.ae - United Arab Emirates