Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem with New VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Problem with New VPS

ModRiotGamingModRiotGaming Member
edited July 2015 in Help

Ran into a problem with a new VPS provider, hoping someone here will have an answer since the company's support hasn't exactly given me a straight answer. Here the story:

Ive recently dipped my toe into the battleground that is gmod, and of course all the kiddlets with $5 booters came out of the woodwork to attack all night/day. So i went with a new provider for this darkrp server, letbox.com which offers ddos protected VPS's. Overall speeds are great, love the vm, but the problem im having atm is that none of the servers i install on this machine show up on the steam masterserver list. The servers are connectable and playable, just not listed at all. I wasn't sure what the problem could be since i've never ran into this problem with any of my other providers.

Any suggestions? The current setup on all my gameservers - Centos 6 64-bit w/OpenGamePanel

Comments

• I don't have an idea about how steam master server list works. But if your server should automatically be listed there, I assume you're having a blocked port on your VPS which disabled the ability to communicate with Steam servers.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

You should rather contact steam about it. It's their list. Your hosting provider has nothing to do with that.

• Could the IP be blacklisted from Steam?

• ModRiotGamingModRiotGaming Member
    edited July 2015

@sdglhm According to support, they aren't blocking any ports. As for the gameserver itself, its up and running, even gametracker detects it just fine, but steam's masterserver list is acting up.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/45.58.61.102:27015/

No problems connecting to it, only the listing is problematic.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

ModRiotGaming said: No problems connecting to it, only the listing is problematic.

Steam is not listing you, so you should contact steam support to get it resolved.

• ModRiotGaming said: No problems connecting to it, only the listing is problematic.

Then as @Clouvider mentioned, you have to contact Steam support. I think they may have black listed your IP. Also I believe there is a manual submission. If so try submitting it using that list.

Or may be your IP been submitted but pending confirmation from Steam end. As provided information aren't sufficient enough, I think this should goes to Steam support.

• Whats the easiest most direct way of contacting them? I know they have a problem with answering people in a timely manner when it comes to the forums.

• sinsin Member

ModRiotGaming said: Whats the easiest most direct way of contacting them? I know they have a problem with answering people in a timely manner when it comes to the forums.

I've never had any issues with Steam's support, they respond within 24 hours usually just open a support ticket.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

I had that problem with a CS server. Never figured out why

• I'd say configure the sv_lan option with a 0 or 1 (I don't remember which since I haven't dealt with the HL2 engine in a long time.) in your server.cfg file to say you're running on a LAN, I'm sure it'll delist it then.

• Techhelper1, those simple gameserver settings were the first thing i checked. It doesn't matter if the server is hl1 or hl2 based, nothing shows up with steam.