Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about expanding services to international customer [Web Design/Development]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Thinking about expanding services to international customer [Web Design/Development]

As title says, our company is thinking about expanding our web design/development/branding service to international customers.

This was suggested today and we're working on understanding the leverage of getting international customers to use our Design/Development service.

Bit about company,
We're a well established company with over 5 years and 10 months of experience in developing and designing. Our company uses Agile method and 3D method to develop applications mainly.

We're a web application development service provider for notable numbers of major companies in Sri Lanka. Including IOT developments. We have about 14 employees who're experts in various fields such as Ui/Ux interactions (myself), Asp.net/PHP development, Hardware interactions, Forensic testing and such.

When it comes to international customers, what I need to know is is there any rules & regulations specified in UK/USA and other notable countries when working with Sri Lanka.

If so could you kindly mention me some links or parliament acts to read.

What kind of services mostly you guys think that would suit for you?

Thanking you.

[We're expecting to give huge discounts for new international customers]

Comments

• Do you do PSD to HTML?

• BruceBruce Member

when subcontracting there's a lot of freedom, as you aren't employees. stuff like bribes are of course illegal. also there's regulations regarding slave labour. UK companies have been in trouble for buy clothing made in "sweat shops". for IT though, you should be OK

• Sri Lanka is not subject to any EU/US embargoes so you should not have much issues if you have a payment option for them besides bank transfer (paypal and alike).

• HostMyBytes said: Do you do PSD to HTML?

Yes. We're capable of doing PSD to HTML development. Most of the time, we draft our work in Photoshop/Illustrator and present it to the client.

Bruce said: when subcontracting there's a lot of freedom, as you aren't employees. stuff like bribes are of course illegal. also there's regulations regarding slave labour. UK companies have been in trouble for buy clothing made in "sweat shops". for IT though, you should be OK

Thank you @Bruce, we do not use slave labor as it's illegal in here too. Majority of the laws are same as the UK/USA laws. Also our lawyer is already working on it but it's better to get fellow entrepreneurs ideas. Thank you very much for your reply.

William said: Sri Lanka is not subject to any EU/US embargoes so you should not have much issues if you have a payment option for them besides bank transfer (paypal and alike).

We do accept Bank Transfers, PayPal and Credit Card payments and Direct payments also (office hours only. Local office)

Thank you for your reply.

Thank you very much for your replies.

• I'm going to be blunt. Sri Lankan governemnt and army committed what amounts to ethnic cleansing and committed war crimes against the Tamil tigers and their supporters.

Now I know both sides committed war crimes. But I don't know if I could morally do business with a Sri lankian company knowing what the governemnt and army have done.

• BTW I am not saying your company is to blame or your not professionals at your work just that i would have some moral and ethic problems supporting a country that has such a troubled history.

• openvpn said: I'm going to be blunt. Sri Lankan governemnt and army committed what amounts to ethnic cleansing and committed war crimes against the Tamil tigers and their supporters.

Now I know both sides committed war crimes. But I don't know if I could morally do business with a Sri lankian company knowing what the governemnt and army have done.

Seriously. Have you earned your degree from LTTE ?

There was few causalities but there was no war crime as Channel 4 and other heroic media shown to the world. If there were so, why not filing a international war crime jurisdiction on a international court.

Some companies were selling weapons for LTTE and they've lost their business and that is the main reason why this drama is happening. I invite you to visit Sri Lanka and meet real tamil people who lives here. (Not some drama queens who faked war crimes and such to get visas in foreign countries)

Or you can find many honest videos from tamil brothers and sisters who live in Sri Lanka on youtube and other medias.

LTTE is classified as a terrorist organization and there were no race or religious was happened in Sri Lanka but defeating terrorist group who were terrorizing even Tamil people who they claim they were protecting. But they have used innocent tamil boys and girls as human shield and they've also used the Madu church as a shield.

I've personally helped Tamil boys and girls as a voluntary educator and they have told me how their childhood was terrorized so called LTTE. They've given Cyanide to children and trained (Forced is the real word. They've told them if they don't fight, their families going to suffer) to be human bombs (Suicide bombers)

Also not to forget there were few crimes were reported that was committed by army soldiers and if you search the latest news. Few of them were allotted to be hanged.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

openvpn said: But I don't know if I could morally do business with a Sri lankian company knowing what the governemnt and army have done.

Question: what do a government and their army have to do with a random business that happens to originate from roughly the same geographical area?

• @joepie91 said:
    Question: what do a government and their army have to do with a random business that happens to originate from roughly the same geographical area?

if this company pays taxes you are helping to support the government and army by doing business with them.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

JoeMerit said: if this company pays taxes you are helping to support the government and army by doing business with them.

Hmm. I kind of see the point, but taxes are not exactly a voluntary contribution, so that seems like a bit of a stretch to me still...

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Its good the choice rests with the customer then.

• JoeMerit said: if this company pays taxes you are helping to support the government and army by doing business with them.

Any proven statics on committed war crimes then ? Confirmed statics from UN or something ?

• you seriously want to debate the human rights situation in Sri Lanka ?

• JoeMerit said: you seriously want to debate the human rights situation in Sri Lanka ?

I would love to as I've a law family background so there are few things that I know. But no. I'm not going to do it as there are ongoing lawsuits and discussing an ongoing lawsuit is illegal. I hope you know that.

But if you have that so much evidence, why don't you go to international court or something :)

• LowEndDiplomacy

• ricardo said: LowEndDiplomacy

I'm not the one who started it. Some guy who supports a group that clearly classified as terrorist group and banned from majority of the western countries. So I've nothing to do with it.

• you aren't allowed to discuss human rights in your country due to legal restrictions ?

• JoeMerit said: you aren't allowed to discuss human rights in your country due to legal restrictions ?

Man. Seriously. I'm the one who English isn't the first language.

Please read the roman dutch law (which currently being used here).

• sdglhm said: LTTE is classified as a terrorist organization and there were no race or religious was happened in Sri Lanka but defeating terrorist group who were terrorizing even Tamil people who they claim they were protecting

EU and US terrorism indication means not much - The Kurds are also considered a "terrorist group" while both US and EU support them now with weapons to fight ISIS...

• I've mentioned in my previous comment I won't discuss this about any longer. But here are my last words on this topic in LET

Some countries (such as USA) do have major weapon manufacturers in the world and most of their tax comes from those manufacturers.

If you're able to understand what is really going on. Be my guest. If you're unable to understand what is really going on, be my guest too.

Thank you.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2015

sdglhm said: Some countries (such as USA) do have major weapon manufacturers in the world and most of their tax comes from those manufacturers.

US weapons manufacturers taxes are next to nothing in their entire economy, even the entire US budget for military spending is very low compared to the total GDP.

sdglhm said: If you're able to understand what is really going on. Be my guest. If you're unable to understand what is really going on, be my guest too.

You should hold on to your on advice then.

• William said: US weapons manufacturers taxes are next to nothing in their entire economy, even the entire US budget for military spending is very low compared to the total GDP.

See, this is what I've wanted to show. You know about your country more than my self ;) I know about my country. I'm not a political guy and hate all the politicians equally.

• sdglhm said: See, this is what I've wanted to show. You know about your country more than my self ;) I know about my country. I'm not a political guy and hate all the politicians equally.

I am not American.

• @sdglhm: ya you know your country alright.. the government propaganda too!

you should probably try to hide the fact you are from Sri Lanka if you ever launch this business.

• JoeMerit said: Sri Lanka if you ever launch this business.

Why should I ? Then I'll be basically cheating our customers. :)

• 2014 defence spending:

China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, France, United Kingdom, India, Germany: $601 billion.

USA: $610 Billion.

I have no idea if that's from bake sales or taxes.