Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SATA/SSD KVM with DDoS Protection + 3 hours free trial - from €3.7/mo (hourly billing)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SATA/SSD KVM with DDoS Protection + 3 hours free trial - from €3.7/mo (hourly billing)

Hello LET!

A few days ago, we were very excited to announce that most of the work on our new control panel was finished, and that it was ready to be used to deploy servers. Today, we have done some changes to the website as well as the plans we used to offer previously, and we believe that you will be loving the new plans and pricing we have for you!

Here are some plans we offer for the SATA service - all of our virtual services run under KVM virtualization:

€0.0055/hr. (€3.7/mo)

RAM: 512 MB
Processor: 1 Core, 3+ GHz
Storage: 15 GB, RAID protected
Bandwidth: 1024 GB
Available in: Canada and France

€0.0069/hr. (€4.64/mo)

RAM: 768 MB
Storage: 20 GB, RAID protected
Bandwidth: 1024 GB

€0.0083/hr. (€5.58/mo)

RAM: 1024 MB
Storage: 25 GB, RAID protected
Bandwidth: 2048 GB

We offer SSD services as well, but as they are about to run out of stock, we feel it's not a good idea to post these here. In fact, you can see all of our plans and locations here alongside test files.

From the control panel, you decide whether you would prefer to suspend or pay for additional bandwidth when the limit is exceeded. The monthly bandwidth allocation resets by the start of every new month automatically, and the additional unused bandwidth is carried to the next month. We currently charge €0.01 per GB, but this is subject to change.

The new control panel allows you to attach a custom ISO from a URL to your instance, monitors your server for downtimes and sends you notifications, grants you console access and other features which you can find here

We would love if you try our service, and so we have added a 3 hours equivalent credit to new users for the 512 MB SATA plan which will be added automatically when you validate your email address (while signing up); but you can use the credit to spin up other plans as well. To sign up, please click here

Additionally, you can read about our terms of service at http://verelox.com/tos.php

For any support requests, questions or inquiries, please don't hesitate to open a ticket or contact sales if you aren't a registered user yet - you can also visit our FAQ page for the most common questions.

P.S we utilize VirtIO on all of our instances, so if you decide to install Windows, please make sure that the VirtIO drivers are loaded first. We also have ready ISO files which you can choose from, including Windows Server 2008 x86 with VirtIO support.

Thank you for reading!

Comments

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Let me guess, OVH?

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @hawc said:
    Let me guess, OVH?

You are correct! These are on OVH's data center.

• Any plans for some new good locations. OVH isn't very special these days

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Any plans for some new good locations. OVH isn't very special these days

I agree with you, their network is not very good either - we currently have plans to open in Netherlands, we have been working on this since the start of July; we think the location will be available in the next week, but it can take more days.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

@Verelox what happened to your offerings with servers at Online.net?

• @rmlhhd We still have some servers that we don't use from online.net, they are available on our website under "Servers in France", if that's what you mean - we stopped using their services earlier, but then we joined back due to the friendly support provided by Benedikt.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

@Verelox said:
    rmlhhd We still have some servers that we don't use from online.net, they are available on our website under "Servers in France", if that's what you mean - we stopped using their services earlier, but then we joined back due to the friendly support provided by Benedikt.

To clarify I mean your VPS offerings, you used to use them to host your VPS node or at least the VPS I had with you was hosted with them.

• VereloxVerelox Member
    edited July 2015

@rmlhhd I see, sorry for the confusion! They are still active, I think that their network is actually better than OVH's, but the problem is that they would disable the network port when a user uses wrong network configuration for their server, so all hosted instances on the node would then shutdown - we were planning to use our own hardware and resources instead, but we will ask for the opinion of the users on their nodes first before taking any action of course!

Edit: we have live migrations implemented, so there won't be any downtimes if there would be any migrations.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

@Verelox said:
    rmlhhd I see, sorry for the confusion! They are still active, I think that their network is actually better than OVH's, but the problem is that they would disable the network port when a user uses wrong network configuration for their server, so all hosted instances on the node would then shutdown - we were planning to use our own hardware and resources instead, but we will ask for the opinion of the users on their nodes first before taking any action of course!

Great, so I'd presume that the Paris option would be with them? In regards to the networks ports, I see your point it's happened with me and it's a real pain.

Thanked by 1Verelox
  • Thumbs up for NL. However we really need some ground breaking new crap. NL isn't as popular as OVHs but there's still other locations out there.

Thanked by 1Verelox
  • VereloxVerelox Member
    edited July 2015

@rmlhhd Yes, the server in Paris belongs to their data center, while RBX and STR belong to OVH's data center - you are also indeed correct, blocking the network port is really annoying given the chance a network misconfiguration can happen that we have no control over; but we were able to stay up for 24 days straight with their server, which is somewhat a miracle.

@TinyTunnel_Tom You are right, we thought we would start by Netherlands then add more locations gradually according to the users' requests, but we were thinking about the US next; we have also decided to use the latest Intel E3s on all of our future servers to eliminate slow performance, so we hope users would be enjoying the new changes!

P.S I appreciate all of your suggestions and opinions, thank you very much!

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Ping 250Ms from Monthreal to Ottawa for example, that worse network now on OVH.

Thanked by 1Verelox
  • US is a bit over used. Not as popular personally. Eastern European or Asia is quite nice

Thanked by 1Verelox
  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    US is a bit over used. Not as popular personally. Eastern European or Asia is quite nice

But costs (bandwidth) is considerably more expensive, but I agree.

Poland is a good location, especially cus of Hosteam with their 100+gbps of protection ;p