Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for dedicated server

kakakaka Member

hello, I am Kaka, one of my friend need a dedicated server to creat vps(win 2008 or win 2012), she wants to creat more than 200 vps with each vps at a cost of $1 or less, can you guys give her some advice.

Comments

• MarkGMarkG Member

Two hundred vps servers on one dedicated server, should not do it what if the dedi goes down, two hundred people would be calling you. Try 29 on one server, now 29 people will be happy with you. Thanks

• cociucociu Member

hello Kaka, what about buy directly 200 vb in a good price ? but sure not 1$

• @kaka

First of all as others mentioned having that many vm's on one server is never a good idea.
    For that much you are looking at Windows server datacenter edition too for licensing. You'll need pretty beefy server to make this possible.Less than 1$ for windows vps is very unrealistic imho.

• You want to run HitLeap?

• kakakaka Member

@TheKiller said:
    You want to run HitLeap?

yes

• @kaka said:
    yes

@drserver

Thanked by 1drserver
  • LeapNikhilLeapNikhil Member, Host Rep

Firstly, you have to decide how much RAM you are going to allocate to each VPS. According to your specifications of each VPS you can buy Dedicated Servers.

• SadySady Member

Lets do some calculations,
    Server 2008/2012, both needs at least of 768MB to at least let it run Hitleap.
    768MBx200 = 153600MB = 150GB RAM

Let me know if you're able to get 150GB of RAM from anywhere with any server in $200 or even $300.

• Sady said: Let me know if you're able to get 150GB of RAM from anywhere

GVH v3 ftw

• @Sady said:
    Server 2008/2012, both needs at least of 768MB to at least let it run Hitleap.

Maybe run linux and wine instead? Goodhosting's offer was 384MB with certain config on the disks, and it ran hitleap pretty well... at least until aliens kidnapped him to get his recipe.

• fpukfpuk Member

No way on earth you will be able to run 200 VPS in a Windows virtualised environment... and def not for $1 each :)

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep

@kaka said:
    yes

Hitleap was just announced yesterday that they won't receive any traffic exchange from Cloud, Dedicated, Hosting related IP.

As part of HitLeap's goal to always increase the quality of its service, we are enforcing stricter rules for members participating in the Traffic Exchange system.
    Starting from August 25, it will no longer be possible to participate in the Traffic Exchange (by running the HitLeap Viewer) using an IP that belongs to a hosting provider, datacenter, cloud service, etc... If you are running a Traffic Exchange session with such an IP, you will currently see a warning next to the IP. Starting August 25, such sessions will be blocked.
    This rule is part of an ongoing effort to increase the visibility of websites promoted through HitLeap and to increase the overall quality of the traffic.
    If you have any questions about this rule, please contact us through our Support area.

• Can i offer here? If not please delete the post or inform me to edit, kthxbai.

In cooperation with a new DC in Warsaw, Poland:

HP DL360 G6

Dual L5520

144GB RAM (18x8GB) (720MB/VM)

4x 2TB HDD HW RAID10 (HP P410) (19GB/VM)

Licensed (2 CPUs) Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter with HyperV (allows to create unlimited VPS with Server 2012/2012 R2 Web/Std), no panel

64 residential IPv4 (UPC Poland), not Hitleap banned

30TB Traffic

Warsaw, Poland

But not for 200$ - This is simply impossible. 300EUR Setup, 400EUR Monthly.

• DiggDigitalDiggDigital Member, Host Rep

First of all 200 VPS in one dedi is impossible. 200 VPS in $ 1 or less is impossible again.

• First, to create 200 Virtual machines in single HyperVisor is not good idea. Ideally, you should have 2 HyperVisors at least. You can setup Dedicated server with 128 GB RAM and host 100 virtual machines with 1 GB RAM in each HyperVisor. To ensure the optimal performance of HyperVisor, you will have to assign 20 GB RAM to HyperVisor itself.

You would need Windows Datacenter edition license which will include all Virtual machines licensing cost. In any case, $1 for a VPS is somewhat unrealistic.

• Yes here at OVer 9000 Summer Host We can do that all for .5USD a server.. not 1USd but 0.5USD