Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS-Provider with the best worldwide routing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS-Provider with the best worldwide routing

Hello,

I'm looking for a vps provider with the best possible routing to any place in the world.
Especially good routing to China, India, Brazil, Australia and other countries that are normally poorly connected to Europe and the US.
Who do you think is outstanding in terms of routing quality among providers?

Regards

tr1cky

Comments

• RyanDRyanD Member

Sounds like you need more than one provider(location) as no single location is going to offer all of those items on the wishlist

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

I don't need good latency, I just need very stable routing.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

tr1cky said: I don't need good latency, I just need very stable routing.

Please define 'very stable routing'

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Clouvider said: Please define 'very stable routing'

No packetloss, direct routing and not through the cheapest networks like it's often done in countries where bandwidth is expensive.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

You should try our Miami location for South America.

• comXyzcomXyz Member

I guess the best one is Google Cloud VPS

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited July 2015

LeaseWeb has a very good global network, and their smallest public cloud (KVM) now comes with 4TB bandwidth.

Their LEB offer: http://lowendbox.com/blog/leaseweb-kvm-starting-at-2-97-for-1gb-in-nl-germany-or-usa/

• I'll chime in with an offer, what are your BW requirements? We have Level3, CenturyLink, Verizon, XO, Zayo, twtelecom, and Comcast in the BGP mix.

• halczyhalczy Member

Yeah, I think Google Cloud is probrabaly your best bet.

• @cncking2000 said:
    I'll chime in with an offer, what are your BW requirements? We have Level3, CenturyLink, Verizon, XO, Zayo, twtelecom, and Comcast in the BGP mix.

Can you PM me a test IP?

• Digital Ocean has good peering in asia

And i can confirm that in INDIA they have peering with regional ISP's

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Considering price/quality, I would also say LeaseWeb, but you obviously can't get good connectivity to everywhere from just one location :)

I'm a little fanboy of the Choopa network in New Jersey too. i3D in The Netherlands has an excellent network too.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited July 2015

To me it sounds more like you need an route optimized network like Internap or one of the other groups that use a smart routing platform that auto senses changes in routes and packet loss and re-routes to the best network to get around the issue. It is less of the best provider that your are looking for and more the correct network and network operators. Internap is pretty good at this and the company I work with use them in all of our DCs for connectivity and Tier 1 routes. There are also other networks out there that promote similar platforms.

I can also say as far as routing from US to global networks with good quality routes you may want Choopa.net (Which run Vultr) as they have a massive amount of peers and routes to everywhere on their network and generally have some of the best latency and throughput to all different locations (From New Jersey).

Nothing is going to be perfect but what your asking for is a provider that uses Tier1 networks which has a platform to route optimize across those providers and the above mentioned options both provide that.

hope this helps.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1tr1cky
  • You need Choopa network. These guys have the most stable network in the market. Tested on a lot of different game servers since 2011 up to 2015.

• Off-topic: Did you mean peering?

• I think the VPS with the best routing I got until now was @Corebackbone, not sure thought.

• DH22DH22 Member

@desperand said:
    You need Choopa network. These guys have the most stable network in the market. Tested on a lot of different game servers since 2011 up to 2015.

Choopa isn't that good. I've also tested game servers with many hosts although primarily in north east USA and western Europe. Steadfast is excellent and much higher quality than Choopa. I'd recommend VPS either with Corgitech (Steadfast Chicago) or Kazila (Steadfast in Edison, NJ). SoftLayer is very good as well.

In Europe, Telehouse North in UK is fantastic. I have two VPS located there, one with Castlegem and one with Jump Networks. Jump is quite a bit cheaper than Castlegem.

Thanked by 1ozfingwe
  • Google Cloud will be the best - Google has POPs everywhere, peers with anyone (and byus transit from all Tier1s except Cogent) and uses cold routing inside their network + backhauls to all cloud locations.

Thanked by 2vimalware Matthias
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

tr1cky said: No packetloss, direct routing and not through the cheapest networks like it's often done in countries where bandwidth is expensive.

Got it. Your main target would be Asia, or you need average everywhere?

• blackblack Member

@William why would they exclude Cogent?

• Because Cogent is oversubsribed to shit even in main POPs like Amsterdam - Also Google most likely is large enough to either get settlement free or very cheap peering with all Tier1s (AT&T, Level3 etc.) which are peered to Cogent anyway.

• MarkGMarkG Member

You would need satellite vps hosting for that, as mention one location can not provide all that you may want to try Google VPS.

• host1plus

• you can check with http://leapswitch.com/vps/

• rafaelscs said: host1plus

lol nope.

Thanked by 1seed4u
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited July 2015

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    I already have a leaseweb vps and they are good but I also came to the conclusion that more than one location would be better.
    I will definitely consider internap and softlayer providers in the future.

For now I will go with this setup:

• BuyVM NJ & BuyVM LV for US traffic
    • BuyVM LU for Europe traffic
    • prometeus India for Indian traffic
    • Vultr Hongkong for Chinese traffic (edit: I'm drunk, I mean Tokyo, Japan)

Hopefully this will provide a stable network to almost any place in the world.