Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

runabove: can it do seedboxings?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

runabove: can it do seedboxings?

anyone tried a seedbox on runabove? I mean, what else do you do with a vps in france with a 4tb disk?

Comments

• blackblack Member

Backups.

• rahulksrahulks Member
    edited July 2015

Not a good idea,Most VPS providers in EU don't allow to use a VPS from them as a seedbox, for example OVH, AFAIK. , Better get a LowEnd Dedi like kimsufi (kimsufi.com) for seedboxings .

• MuZoMuZo Member

@rahulks said:
    Not a good idea,Most VPS providers in EU don't allow to use a VPS from them as a seedbox, for example OVH, AFAIK. , Better get a LowEnd Dedi like kimsufi (kimsufi.com) for seedboxings .

Mostly because of IO abuse on the disk by the torrent client. BTW kimsufi is part of OVH, just their cheap line of dedicated servers.

• afaik the vps-hdd offers at runabove use a dedicated hdd, so seedbox should be fine.

• ya i figured the vps part was the sticky part of the deal, everything else is kimsufi but cheaper,faster,better. I'll try out some torrents and see what goes down or try nzbget instead

• Are those linux isos right? chuckles

• wtfomgdebibuntu 7.10.9.544.13.69.1 and the full archives of thom yorke screaming bout spotify. watch radiohead make a new album called ks-1..

• What 4TB disk?

• go sign in and join the latest lab offering, you can has openstack vps with enough disk space for every single lame mp3