Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

boxbilling for startup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

boxbilling for startup

Hello.
Im just start-up my own hosting business.
I have some good offers where i can get owned boxbilling license pro.
I would like to know is boxbilling pro good enough for start-up hosting business?
Im planning to upgrade soon to whmcs after business is stable.
Does anyone had any issue on their new released boxbilling?

Thank You

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Can I suggest you just go straight to WHMCS, migrating will be near impossible later and if the license price is to high for WHMCS you are not ready to start yet, that is by far the lowest cost of the entire business.

• TH_DanTH_Dan Member

You'd be best to try and find a reseller that provides a billing system included for free such as WHMCS. Moving to WHMCS later will only give you a headache

• ivanhivanh Member

I'd go straight to a reputable billing software. I personally would not purchase from anyone using a free billing software.

• NixtrenNixtren Member
    edited July 2015

I don't trust BoxBilling to be honest, they said it was going open-source, but that never happened. You are better with something like WHMCS or Blesta. I personally prefer Blesta.

Edit: It seems they have open-sourced, I'll check it out.

Edit 2: Wait, they are "100% open-source" licensed under Apache License, and you have to get a Pro license to get some features like "Unlimited products"? Could someone please explain me if I'm missing something?

• We've used BoxBilling and it was the worst. If you can afford, please go to whmcs or blesta. Both are good. But no BoxBilling.

• I was on the verge of trying BoxBilling a few times, but never did. Gut feeling always steered me away last minute.

• Anyone looking for a low-cost WHMCS alternative should consider ClientExec or even Blesta. Blesta seems to be getting better and better every day, and @Licensecart has some good deals for it

HostNun said: I was on the verge of trying BoxBilling a few times, but never did. Gut feeling always steered me away last minute.

I agree, it never "felt right".

• I've always been curious about ClientExec.

• Their admin panel is a bit clunky, but so is WHMCS. I just found it to be AJAX heavy and lagging a lot, in my limited experience with them.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

If the cost of whmcs is a concern, you don't have enough money to go into business.

• HostMyBytes said: I just found it to be AJAX heavy and lagging a lot

Also they have buggy rewrites. Don't know about latest versions. But don't know about latest versions. (end 2011)

• @gemuruhco if you're interested, we can offer kvm with free Blesta or WHMCS. can be done with shared hosting too, but it isn't as secure. please pm if interested, thanks.

• Avoid BoxBilling. When they were closed source, the license could be hacked via a db edit and the licensing system was a joke.

I really wouldn't trust BB for anything. They also ripped off wordpress in a way on file structure/naming

• sdglhm said: Also they have buggy rewrites. Don't know about latest versions. But don't know about latest versions. (end 2011)

I admittedly haven't messed with their re-writes, but BoxBilling sure seems like something to be avoided.

• BruceBruce Member

@raindog308 said:
    If the cost of whmcs is a concern, you don't have enough money to go into business.

this

• @Bruce said:

• i think boxbilling new version now is opensource.
    why you don't check it guys.

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited July 2015

@Nixtren said:

Edit 2: Wait, they are "100% open-source" licensed under Apache License, and you have to get a Pro license to get some features like "Unlimited products"? Could someone please explain me if I'm missing something?

that is for the old 3 version which is not open source just get version 4 from git hub modified as you want

ps At the time arround 2013 BoxBilling got better security record than WHMCS

Thanked by 1Nixtren
  • MuZoMuZo Member

Nixtren said: I don't trust BoxBilling to be honest, they said it was going open-source, but that never happened.

https://github.com/boxbilling/boxbilling

I tested it some months ago, the license system is still in place and it asks for a key during the installation. But hey it's opensource and it doesn't take much to make it "close an eye".

It was quite buggy, the new theme wasn't working at all and I couldn't add custom options to a order, but I see there is active deployment which is good.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • MuZo said: I tested it some months ago, the license system is still in place and it asks for a key during the installation. But hey it's opensource and it doesn't take much to make it "close an eye".

It was quite buggy, the new theme wasn't working at all and I couldn't add custom options to a order, but I see there is active deployment which is good.

that's why i think i got to get boxbilling for starting up my own hosting business.
    even if it is hard to moving to WHMCS , im still can finding freelancers to work on this.
    However, im still looking for best suggestion/advise from anyone from lowendtalk.
    TQ.

• MuZoMuZo Member

gemuruhco said: that's why i think i got to get boxbilling for starting up my own hosting business. even if it is hard to moving to WHMCS , im still can finding freelancers to work on this. However, im still looking for best suggestion/advise from anyone from lowendtalk. TQ.

The costs of freelancers and all the problems you will get with a non-production ready product (it's still in active development) aren't worth it compared to the few bucks for a stable and production ready product like WHMCS.

• BruceBruce Member

if anyone is interested, I can provide a blesta license with a 1GB RAM VPS ($10/m combined)

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited July 2015

@gemuruhco for what it's worth, I do recommend Blesta, developers / @licensecart are always around in their forum and bugs get fixed rather quick. no comments on boxbilling support, though.

• @gemuruhco said:

Don't startup a "business" if you can't afford $15/month.

• yay @Jonchun is back ;P

• @century1stop said:
    yay Jonchun is back ;P

I've been here haha. Just stopped posting for a while.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

I use BoxBilling in the past and didn't recommend it at all.

Use WHMCS, Blesta, etc.

• I also recommend Blesta.. they not encrypt all those files so you can also optimized it for your need..

• @Jonchun said:
    Don't startup a "business" if you can't afford $15/month.

shutup AsHl* . you are not giving any suggestion but just condemned people by its cover.
    don't ever you come on my topic again.
    I hate people who like to condemned anyone.

MOD CLOSE THIS TOPIC.
    I HAVE FOUND MY WAY.
    WHMCS Still the best because im already using it 3Years ago.
    Thank You No More Reply >
    Topic Closed.

• @gemuruhco said:
    Topic Closed.

Oh dear. I'm out of crayons.