Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aggressive Networks into the deadpool?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Aggressive Networks into the deadpool?

KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Their website and billing area have been down for over a week and one of my VPSs with them has been down for just as long (12549 glorious minutes and counting). Luckily I only use them for my mass ping website but figured I'd post this thread so people are aware and can take backups if their VPS does happen to be online, also as a warning in the future if they do resurface at some point since no e-mail/announcement was posted before or during this 8+ days of downtime and they don't even appear to have a Twitter or anything else so communication is basically dead on all fronts.

It sucks because I need more non-US VPSs for my mass ping site but luckily I have another one in the Netherlands so it's not a total loss.

Thanked by 2inthecloudblog kana

Comments

• @aggressivenetworks was last active yesterday it seems (July 6).

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Thanks @sambling, I didn't know they had an account on here. Maybe they don't know their website, SolusVM, and node have been offline for 8+ days.

• ATHKATHK Member

@KuJoe said:
    Thanks sambling, I didn't know they had an account on here. Maybe they don't know their website, SolusVM, and node have been offline for 8+ days.

Surely they would be remotely monitoring it.. right?

edited July 2015

@ATHK said:
    Surely they would be remotely monitoring it.. right?

I would hope so. Even if they weren't monitoring it, if they hadn't gotten an e-mail from their payment processor(s) in 8+ days I would how they would notice that also.

The bright side is that nobody can order new services while they're offline, the downside is if somebody has a VPS with them and doesn't notice they disappeared they might not be taking backups of their VPS and won't know until it's too late.

• KuJoe said: Maybe they don't know their website, SolusVM, and node have been offline for 8+ days.

I can't see how they wouldn't know. You'd at least access your client area to check tickets in case any have been missed surely....

• ehabehab Member

i also pm'd asking if all is ok, no answer and still nl node is down, us is working, client area is down... can it be he is on sickleave or something more serious? lets hope he gets back soon.

edited July 2015

@sambling said:
    I can't see how they wouldn't know. You'd at least access your client area to check tickets in case any have been missed surely....

Yup, I would assume the same but after 8+ days with no e-mails or any other attempt at communication the "best" case scenario is that they were ignorantly unaware, the other options are far more worse and being an optimist I hope for the best. :)

It looks like their SolusVM is online so that's good at least. The only location they have that I really wanted was their Ashville, NC. location so I'm glad that one is still online (for now). :)

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

I am surprised that @aggressivenetworks have not responded to this thread ...

• BruceBruce Member

@FrankZ said:
    I am surprised that aggressivenetworks have not responded to this thread ...

did anyone PM them? at least for me, tagging doesn't send notifications

• SadySady Member

@Bruce said:
    tagging doesn't send notifications

Who says?

• FritzFritz Veteran

My VPS status is still online on SolusVM though I can't access it through SSH/other ports.

• BruceBruce Member

@Sady said:
    Who says?

ME. I only get notifications for PMs and replies to topics that I starred. what about others?

• SadySady Member

@Bruce said:
    ME. I only get notifications for PMs and replies to topics that I starred. what about others?

I do get the notifications for mentions but mail from LET end up being in spam folder somehow.

• Sady said: I do get the notifications for mentions but mail from LET end up being in spam folder somehow.

I only get some of the notifications, but I do receive emails properly. Are you using Hotmail/Live?

• @Kujoe i like your status page, can i have it?

• Rob92Rob92 Member

@Bruce said:

I believe you can change that in settings if you want to be emailed

• BruceBruce Member

@Rob92 said:
    I believe you can change that in settings if you want to be emailed

thanks. that was it. don't think I ever looked at that before. mentions maybe off by default

• Bruce said: thanks. that was it. don't think I ever looked at that before. mentions maybe off by default

I even tried saving it again a few times already, but I get notified randomly...

• I just tried to ring the number in the who.is listed with his domain, he never picked up but I sure hope his ok...

• aggressnetworks was planning to move stuff from Asheville to Lenoir around about now, hope he didn't get lost :)

Thanked by 1perennate
  • You only get notifications if you type the username in the correct case from what I remember hearing.

• SNetworks1 said: You only get notifications if you type the username in the correct case from what I remember hearing.

I only get them randomly, but I do get notified when people type @traffic.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

This is the problem with allowing new hosts to do yearly plans, I don't like to suggest it but the thing that usually makes people pay attention is a paypal dispute (NOT A CLAIM) might be worth someone giving it a go.

• Sady said: Who says?

Many times I haven't gotten notified by an @ mention.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • berkayberkay Member

I messaged him a week ago too after I discovered that node was down, no replies.

• ehabehab Member
    edited July 2015

now cp, nl and us nodes are down... looks like aggressivenetworks is either missing hunting moose or more serious matter.

Thanked by 1KuJoe

They tried to clone LES but with cutting edge performance/hardware, they did it badly, it was predicted at day 1, I would love them to prove me wrong but I suspect that will not happen.

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • ehabehab Member

Anthony, are you hiring hit guys or bots on any competitors?

ehab said: Anthony, are you hiring hit guys or bots on any competitors?

haha I don't need to do that, time takes care of that.

Thanked by 2ehab mikho