Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(Solved) Show TRASH in Thunar XFCE CentOS 6.6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

(Solved) Show TRASH in Thunar XFCE CentOS 6.6

mehargagsmehargags Member
edited July 2015 in Help

Hi all,

I frequently install XFCE on many test servers (centOS 6) for quick GUI, and blame my poor reading, I've not been able to get how to show Trash on the Thunar File manager's side bar. Can you help me fix this ?

Also I'd like to get rid of the warning Ribbon in red "You are using root account, may harm your system"

Please do recommend any other better file manager incase there is!

Thanks

Comments

• anyone please ?

• Anyways... I figured it out... had to yum install gvfs and it worked... Trash comes up!

• @Zen said:
    The only way to get rid of that warning IIRC is by editing the source and recompiling, the developers take a strong stance on that warning.

Around lines 700-900 in thunar-window.c:

/* check if we need to add the root warning */ if (G_UNLIKELY (geteuid () == 0)) { /* install default settings for the root warning text box */ gtk_rc_parse_string ("style\"thunar-window-root-style\"{bg[NORMAL]=\"#b4254b\"\nfg[NORMAL]=\"#fefefe\"}\n" "widget\"ThunarWindow.*.root-warning\"style\"thunar-window-root-style\"\n" "widget\"ThunarWindow.*.root-warning.GtkLabel\"style\"thunar-window-root-style\"\n");

/* add the box for the root warning */
      ebox = gtk_event_box_new ();
      gtk_widget_set_name (ebox, "root-warning");
      gtk_table_attach (GTK_TABLE (window->table), ebox, 0, 1, 2, 3, GTK_EXPAND | GTK_FILL, GTK_FILL, 0, 0);
      gtk_widget_show (ebox);

/* add the label with the root warning */
      label = gtk_label_new (_("Warning, you are using the root account, you may harm your system."));
      gtk_misc_set_padding (GTK_MISC (label), 6, 3);
      gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (ebox), label);
      gtk_widget_show (label);

separator = gtk_hseparator_new ();
      gtk_table_attach (GTK_TABLE (window->table), separator, 0, 1, 3, 4, GTK_EXPAND | GTK_FILL, GTK_FILL, 0, 0);
      gtk_widget_show (separator);
    }

Yep.

http://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?pid=13659#p13659

I hate devs like this.

• Yes,
    thanks all for the help, I did figure out putting off that message is by hacking the code, which I'm not bothered with.

Thanks anyways....

on the same line Can you recommend some good efficient GUI plugins/software for minimal X (XFCE or LXDE ) which can be very good for server maintenance?

1 . Searching files
    2 . lightweight graphics editor
    3. task manager

I know CLI is the way to go, but many of my friends for whom I make and maintain servers aren't much of SysAdmins and would want to keep basic minimum handling via GUI.

Thanks