Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And this is fair? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

And this is fair?

Comments

• @Chief said: You were correct to do so, I just got home (12:40am here) and he had another post there where he was attempting to post a coupon code to match SpotVPS.

Thank you for a response Chief, i sometimes forget you live in a completely different timezone :P

• Unfortunately I just woke up, it looks like the posting got deleted what exactly did Chris Fabozzi post? Gosh dammit, I missed the drama once again.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited October 2012

@Nexus said: Unfortunately I just woke up, it looks like the posting got deleted what exactly did Chris Fabozzi post? Gosh dammit, I missed the drama once again.

Something along the lines of:

I wont be undercut, here's a promotion code for a $5 2GB VPS.

One of the first posts on the SpotVPS promotion thread.

• @Nexus said: Unfortunately I just woke up, it looks like the posting got deleted what exactly did Chris Fabozzi post? Gosh dammit, I missed the drama once again.

Paste http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/spotvps-5-99month-2gb-openvz-vps-in-las-vegas/ into Google and look at the cached page.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Well, Chief has spoken, I think this kind of posts enter the spam category, so everything clear.
    M

• The only fair thing here is to archive all the ChicagoVPS posts on LEB.

• Is he really Chris? Or just someone who signs as Chris?

• It's really inappropriate. Chris seems more and more full of himself. ChicacoVPS -1.

@miTgiB said: The only fair thing here is to archive all the ChicagoVPS posts on LEB.

+1

• Its Chris alright, im sure the mods/Chief can confirm that with the IP if they need definitive proof.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@klikli said: Is he really Chris? Or just someone who signs as Chris?

I believe so, the IP does match the IP from his last post at LET.

• @klikli said: Is he really Chris? Or just someone who signs as Chris?

The coupon works... I guess it is him

Thanked by 1bnmkl
  • Well, this is just epic. Chris is a bully lol

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

The IP was a little different from ones that he used to use but the promocode he gave was actually working.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2012

I'm a fan of letting these things work themselves out. Providing the most for the least either encourages people to get competitive, discourages people who have no desire to be competitive, and/or gets rid of it's own problem by being a bad business plan. On the other side of it, if people are turned off by the marketing tactics they'll avoid you. But then again that's just how I operate...only intervene when the only way a problem will be solved is by intervention.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Nice coupon :)

• I like Ashley Hawkridge, no homo.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2012

@GIANT_CRAB said: I like Ashley Hawkridge, no homo.

lol

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

By letting providers hijack other offers on LEB, the site as such looses its credability.

Offer threads on LEB should only be related in one way or another to the host who the post is about.

The way that handled by Cvps_chris is no better (probably worse) then sending out emails promoting your services.

• @jarland there's "free market" and there's "ethics," both do not need to be mutually exclusive and can quite happily co-exist. Chris is more than free to make any coupon code he wants aimed at any other provider's clientele he wants, however he is not welcome to go spam the offers of other providers, he should simply create his own offer.

I have a lot of respect for Chris and the success he has had especially in the low end market, however he does every few months step over the line in a blatant attempt to push the boundaries, and does so knowingly with a smile. I award him 10 points for trying, and 10 slaps equally. I imagine the e-drama caused by it all puts 10 smiles on his face ;)

There's a certain level of decor that readers expect with offers, and one of them is not hosts coming in and hi-jacking eachothers' offers.

• serverbearserverbear Member
    edited October 2012

Pretty sure there was an offer post to re-host all of Avante's customers which got removed, so I'm confident in the mods ability to recognise & deal with these types of posts.

• K, Analogy;

SpotVPS stood in the middle of town with flyers; Chris comes along and stands infront of him with his shiny flyers.

• SportVps can make theirs Brighter...

• TazTaz Member

In this case, spotvps should punch on the face as another person could have went cross the street and distributed those flyers instead of becoming a complete ass

• SpotVPS stood in the middle of the town with shiny fliers. Chris came along with fireworks and a huge banner and some of those sign-twirling people.

It's left us all gobbling down popcorn hoping someone else will come in with aerial acrobatics, cabaret dancers, and free candy.

• @ihatetonyy said: It's left us all gobbling down popcorn hoping someone else will come in with aerial acrobatics, cabaret dancers, and free candy.

I was thinking to myself, if someone would come along at $4.50 it would make @CVPS_Chris crazy in the head, and he would either goto $4 or go insane thinking about all that business he wasn't getting.

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited October 2012

@ihatetonyy, I agree!

Perhaps it is time for LEB providers to realize that the market continues to inch downward on pricing. These services are commodities basically and the type with a very finite market (people don't eat VPSes).

Clearly, if ChicagoVPS can go from $24.95 to $7.95 and still make money and they go now down to $5, and still make money, there are rather high margins - all the way to that point. 80% pricing reduction and still somehow profitable...

I buy VPSes weekly. Know even with these prices that I am not taxing resources. I buy with ample overhead and to have mothballed live servers, just in case. Lots of folks have idle VPSes sitting around. Probably 75% of buyers never use what they subscribe to, except a blip here and there.

If I were getting into this industry, I'd be working on automation software and automated business processes, plus free value addons while cutting the prices down to get maximum subscribers. With emphasis on pricing yields whatever percent regardless of cost to customer. Price shouldn't be the issue. The issue is pure percent profit and what number of folks it takes to load a node and make it profitable.

• What Chris did was wrong period. It is wrong to smear someone without any foundation or background and that is what Chris did. It only serves to prove that a lot of people don't use the resources they subscribe to and Chris should realize that if he can then others can.
    If he feels other providers can't do it what secret sauce does he employ and what makes him so sure its not available to others?

• @miTgiB said: I was thinking to myself, if someone would come along at $4.50 it would make @CVPS_Chris crazy in the head, and he would either goto $4 or go insane thinking about all that business he wasn't getting.

I thought about it for a moment as Ash says even if it means losing money, but I've already posted an offer :(

This discussion has been closed.