Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Datacenter is the best overall?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which Datacenter is the best overall?

I would like to hear your thoughts on which Datacenter is the best overall, but mainly I need to move a server for vps's.

Comments

• jzabeljzabel Member

US based!

• @Jzabel From experience I would have to say Quadranet is the best DC I have used in the US. They have locations in LA,Dallas and Miami which is great for a wide variety of your users and or customers.

What is your budget and what specs are you looking for?

I recommend you contact @Quadranet_Adam and see what he can do for you.

Thanked by 1QuadraNet_Adam
  • Had a good experience with Softlayer and EvoSwitch. I am currently using ColoCrossing which is just fine too. Don't understand why they get so much hate on here.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

The most reliable datacenter. The best thing is that they create permanent backups at no extra charge.

• elgselgs Member

@4n0nx who are they?

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

elgs said: who are they?

You are already a customer ;)

• Only thing I would warn about Quadranet is it's not uncommon for a customer to be kicked out of the facility. A company I worked for a little bit, we got unplugged and told to GTFO due to the abuse on the network which got a lil bit hectic at one point but who doesn't have the issue? So we unplugged and went upstairs to Telx.

In looking at a facility, look to see if other providers are in the same facility if this issue were to ever happen to you as you could minimize downtime. Only thing that dragged the downtime longer was Telx didn't activate the network port right away.

• gonggogonggo Member

NSA

• emreemre Member, LIR

elgs said: who are they?

Thanked by 1elgs
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Look at cable rolls on parking lot, that is for peering with ISPs i suppose :)
    I guess that they have cheapest IPs in usa

Thanked by 2vimalware deadbeef
  • doughmanes said: Only thing I would warn about Quadranet is it's not uncommon for a customer to be kicked out of the facility. A company I worked for a little bit, we got unplugged and told to GTFO due to the abuse on the network which got a lil bit hectic at one point but who doesn't have the issue?

Sounds like the same issues were running on repeat with no resolution. Props to Quadranet for protecting their network! :)

• I also say QuadraNet because of their amazingly fast network (which is my #1 priority, and they have met the expectation long ago).

+1 for @Quadranet_Adam!

Thanked by 1QuadraNet_Adam
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

drserver said: I guess that they have cheapest IPs in usa

I don't know where the NSA gets its ipv4 from. But the DoD owns twelve /8s, so I doubt there's a shortage.

But honestly, I doubt the NSA has the best datacenter. It's the government. They are not known for competence. Tons of money but you don't get the best and the brightest. The NSA probably has fantastic PhDs doing crypto work...down at the sysadmin screwdriver turner level, you're getting guys who couldn't make it in the public sector and are willing to work for government wages.

The best overall datacenter is probably one of Google's.

The best public is probably what the OP is asking.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited June 2015

raindog308 said: The best public is probably what the OP is asking.

Sadly there is nothing like a "very good one" (that I know of). Most are just hype, but would be perfect if real - http://www.cyberbunker.com/

There are good DCs, and that's it.

You can't always get what you want...

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Traffic said: There are good DCs, and that's it.

$100 per month for VPS? Hah..

• fitvpn said: $100 per month for VPS? Hah..

As I said, just hype. Not worth at all.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

I would say this DC:

http://harbourexchange.telecitygroup.com/

You wouldn't get a bad connection!

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Traffic said: As I said, just hype. Not worth at all.

Looks like they simply joke..
    Try get VPS on Pionen bunker in Sweden for $10 month :D

• mike1smike1s Member

ColoCrossing.

lol jk

• DH22DH22 Member

Steadfast

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

CDLAN in Milan (Prometeus use them if I remember correctly), Nikhef in Amsterdam, Citadel100 in Dublin

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Traffic said:
    Sadly there is nothing like a "very good one" (that I know of). Most are just hype, but would be perfect if real - http://www.cyberbunker.com/

That place exists, but it's crap. There was a fire some years ago which was caused by one MDMA lab in the premises.

• Nyr said: That place exists, but it's crap. There was a fire some years ago which was caused by one MDMA lab in the premises.

By real I mean the promises and living up to its hype.

• Any Coresite Facility :)