Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Buy VM windows networking issue

Buy VM windows networking issue

TheGeekBoxTheGeekBox Member
edited October 2012 in General

Got my first windows VPS today from buy VM but I can't seem to it to get it to connect to the network properly. I went on frantech IRC and the bot sent me to this page. I think I've configured as stated there even tired all three interfaces. None have worked which leads me to think I'm getting something fairly basic wrong here, so if anyone can point me in the correct direction that would be great. The info as I've entered it http://i.imgur.com/SKQXN.png

Comments

• It's quite possible your interfaces are named odd.

We do have IP locks in place so you can't use your pub IP on your private LAN and vice versa.

Francisco

BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based / TUN + PPTP + FUSE+ SIT + GRE Support / Fully Managed / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • @Francisco said: It's quite possible your interfaces are named odd.

That would be it, thank you :)

• tinyraytinyray Member
    edited October 2012

Francisco, you need to check your SJ DC network, I got two OVZ1Gs today and migrated data from one of my other buyvm boxes, in the same DC, the network speed was too horrible, attached please check. I got in touch with your staff, that guy said its just OK. I then quit.

root@bvm1G:~# /sbin/ifconfig | grep 'inet addr:' inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0 inet addr:127.0.0.2 P-t-P:127.0.0.2 Bcast:0.0.0.0 Mask:255.255.255.255 inet addr:209.141.59.124 P-t-P:209.141.59.124 Bcast:0.0.0.0 Mask:255.255.255.255 inet addr:172.16.101.253 P-t-P:172.16.101.253 Bcast:0.0.0.0 Mask:255.255.255.255 root@bvm1G:~# sftp [email protected] [email protected]'s password: Connected to 209.141.59.xxx. sftp> get lntweb.tar.gz Fetching /root/lntweb.tar.gz to lntweb.tar.gz Interrupt b.tar.gz 2% 30MB 1.6MB/s 13:38 ETA /root/lntweb.tar.gz

I did get a KVM512 too, but the same feeling, I dont want to talk about.

• It's in the works Tinyray, sorry :(

I'm on vacation right now so i'm not able to get online as much.

Francisco

BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based / TUN + PPTP + FUSE+ SIT + GRE Support / Fully Managed / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • @Francisco said: I'm on vacation right now

Vegas, right?

Referral links: DigitalOcean referral link | Get 500MB free with Dropbox
    New worker @ GVHv4 - New plans with 4GB RAM 100GB Unmetered HERE!
    Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @netomx said: Vegas, right?

Yep :)

Got Anthony, Dilt/Jared and Karen here as well.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Yep :)

I hate you. You abandoned us here, while you are with hookers, and gambling :(

• @francisco isn't aldriyc with you :( ?

Check my blog for more cool *nix tips & tricks!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @djvdorp said: isn't aldriyc

they broke up. @Francisco found out that @Aldryic was cheating on him with CC haha

drama friday

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member, Provider

@netomx said: they broke up.

Say what? Are you trying to start drama? I can send you free popcorn instead

Hostigation High Resource Hosting - SolusVM OpenVZ/KVM VPS
    Thanked by 2netomx klikli
  • @miTgiB said: Say what? Are you trying to start drama? I can send you free popcorn instead

maybe :3

but I am trying to say passionally, not professionally.

• @seraphkz said: what happened to Aldryic?

@netomx said: they broke up. @Francisco found out that @Aldryic was cheating on him with CC haha

Pony couldn't get anymore time off from his other job since he took off ~2 weeks for his wedding in April.

He's at home handling sales/support/etc for us while we get to enjoy ourselves doing terrible terrible things.

I've posted some of the stories on FB for those that are on my friends list.

Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I don't see him at all on LET anymore.

• @seraphkz said: I don't see him at all on LET anymore.

That's his choice :)

If you're wanting to talk to him you can always drop by IRC. During the week he's usually on. He takes the weekends off to unwind and spend it with family and such.

Francisco

• RandyRandy Disabled

Who is gonna care for your customers now that you are having fun?:-(

• @Randy said: Who is gonna care for your customers now that you are having fun?:-(

Ald seems to be handling just fine :P

i've been checking in every few hours to see if there's anything he needs a hand with.

Francisco

• RandyRandy Disabled

;-) Great to hear that ;-) maybe get a hooker for @netomx he seems very upset about it:)

have fun fran ;-)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @francisco can I be your and alds fb friend :D?

Check my blog for more cool *nix tips & tricks!

• @djvdorp said: @francisco can I be your and alds fb friend :D?

For me? sure. For pony? you'll have to ask/wait n' see

Fran

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • @Francisco said: Fran

I don't have you :(

me want hooker!

• BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based / TUN + PPTP + FUSE+ SIT + GRE Support / Fully Managed / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel
  • RandyRandy Disabled

Don't your local country have hookers? :D

• RandyRandy Disabled

@Fran . sexy ;-)

• @Randy said: Don't your local country have hookers? :D

yes, but, for free???

• @Francisco said: https://www.facebook.com/allhailpony

no ADD FRIEND button :(

• RandyRandy Disabled
    edited October 2012

No. but STDs are free and fran got the services free too? ofcuz not. go ask your wife LOL. you have a wife @netomx

• @Randy said: you have a wife @netomx

nope. got a fianceé, we broke up on July

• RandyRandy Disabled

Sorry to hear that. :-( now i understand why you are so upset...

• Remember what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Don't tell on yourself via Facecrooking the experience @Francisco.

• RandyRandy Disabled

He is having his beer now i guess? maybe some seafood?

• @Francisco, Problem just happened with new boxes, will wait until you're back and fix it. Had been there the week of Oct 7, enjoy your terribly horrible things in Vegas, :) don;t take them with you when leave... LOL :)