Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

need help compiling hubicfuse on debain 7 x64
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

need help compiling hubicfuse on debain 7 x64

swainswain Member

Hey, everyone! I'm currently trying to install Hubic fuse on my Debian 7 VPS and I'm running into some problems. First to clear the waters I do have all the required packages listed on the git installed as well as having fuse installed.

Everything turns out fine when I configure, but when I compile with make is when I run into issues.

root@bigmofo:~/hubicfuse# make
gcc -g -O2 -I/usr/include/libxml2     -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/fuse     -I/usr/include/json-c   -o hubicfuse cloudfsapi.c cloudfuse.c -lxml2   -lcurl   -lfuse   -lssl -lcrypto   -ljson-c   -lmagic 
cloudfsapi.c:354: error: undefined reference to 'pthread_create'
cloudfsapi.c:358: error: undefined reference to 'pthread_join'
cloudfsapi.c:575: error: undefined reference to 'clock_gettime'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [hubicfuse] Error 1
root@bigmofo:~/hubicfuse# 

So did some readings about needing to pass some arguments when compiling so I tried with passing the flags that should of fixed the issue and i got this.

root@bigmofo:~/hubicfuse# make CFLAGS='-lpthread -lrt'
gcc -lpthread -lrt -o hubicfuse cloudfsapi.c cloudfuse.c -lxml2   -lcurl   -lfuse   -lssl -lcrypto   -ljson-c   -lmagic 
cloudfsapi.c:17:25: fatal error: libxml/tree.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
In file included from /usr/include/fuse/fuse.h:26:0,
                 from /usr/include/fuse.h:9,
                 from cloudfuse.c:2:
/usr/include/fuse/fuse_common.h:33:2: error: #error Please add -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 to your compile flags!
make: *** [hubicfuse] Error 1

Even after I added the offset flag it still wouldn't compile. I'm really stumped and I don't have too much experience compiling on Linux so it's a little bit of a headache. I'm not quite sure how to fix this.

If any of you guys could help me solve this, that would be awesome!

Comments

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Doesn't look simple

https://github.com/TurboGit/hubicfuse/issues/10

I hope that helps!

• swainswain Member

@SSDBlaze said:
    Doesn't look simple

https://github.com/TurboGit/hubicfuse/issues/10

I hope that helps!

Thanks for the link. I'm currently upgrading my Debian to see if that helps any.

@swain said:

Alright awesome. Let me know if it works.

• swainswain Member

@SSDBlaze said:

Great news !

git checkout -b local 2b8956 Allowed me to compile it!!

Thanks for your help !

Great! Glad I was able to help you!

• swainswain Member

@SSDBlaze said:
    Great! Glad I was able to help you!

I guess that revision was super old because I'm having a few issues with the config and what not. I've decided to just upload the content using the default hubic app instead of the FUSE version.

@swain said:
    I guess that revision was super old because I'm having a few issues with the config and what not. I've decided to just upload the content using the default hubic app instead of the FUSE version.

Ah okay, hopefully that gets it working! Post anymore errors if you get stuck