Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK COLO suggestions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK COLO suggestions

nagunagu Member

Hi,
Any suggestions for Colocation of 1U server in UK? Requirements as follows.
0.5 A
1/29 IP
Dedicated Kvm over IP. Or at least on need basis.
5TB or more bandwidth.

Preferably northeast. As economical as possible.

Comments

• nagunagu Member

just to clarify. prefer Newcastle. London is also fine as far is It is economical.
    thanks

• I'd say Wildcard but not sure if they can do the KVMoIP or if they even sell individual 1u Co-lo.

I used to have some machines in their DC but it was in a friends rack, I got rid of those servers though as these-days I don't host much and it's easier for me to rent VPS's as needed. Also Newcastle was a bit far away from me.

Rapidswitch are in Nottingham and Maidenhead if that's any use.

Thanked by 1nagu
  • J1021J1021 Member
    edited June 2015

There is Wildcard in Newcastle. A bit further afield (not as far as London though) there is M247 in Manchester.

Neither are dirt cheap though, reasonably priced.

Further south again is UK Servers in Coventry. (West Midlands) Their pricing is more "attractive" over other options.

In Maidenhead (just outside London) is RapidSwitch. You're probably best getting in touch with sales for a quote, you should be able to squash them down on their website pricing.

dragon2611 said: I'd say Wildcard but not sure if they can do the KVMoIP or if they even sell individual 1u Co-lo.

They do cater for 1U.

dragon2611 said: Rapidswitch are in Nottingham and Maidenhead if that's any use.

Ah, forgot RapidSwitch have Nottingham and Leicester available. Great for physical access, connectivity is a redundant fibre ring to London so will add a couple ms to latency vs being located in Maidenhead.

Thanked by 1nagu
  • rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

@Clouvider are good, granted I've not colocated with them but I'm renting some dedis with them and all is well. I asked for a colo quote for 1U and 0.5amp and was given a very reasonable price for London.

I'd PM them or visit http://clouvider.co.uk to get more info.

before anyone asks why I'm not colocating with them if I think their so good, it's because I don't have any hardware

Thanked by 1nagu
  • nagunagu Member

Newcastle is very close for me and I keep travelling to London. that's why I thought of both locations. any idea UK servers would set up the server, if I ship it to them?

• nagunagu Member

clouvider looks interesting. Shall check.

• @MSPNick might have some space in MK

Thanked by 1nagu
  • HyperSpeedHyperSpeed Member
    edited June 2015

nagu said: just to clarify. prefer Newcastle. London is also fine as far is It is economical. thanks

Wildcard do KVM-over IP as far as I'm aware and have good stability especially in reliance house with 1u colo slots available, I've also been in Newcastle's OYNX datacentre which was good although I can't comment for KVMoverIP.

Newcastle is convenient but obviously London will be slightly faster.

Thanked by 1nagu
  • TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited June 2015

nagu said: clouvider looks interesting. Shall check.

you should take a look here first http://bgp.he.net/AS62240#_asinfo

Thanked by 1nagu
  • nagunagu Member

wildcard looks like just 10 min drive from my home.

Newcastle is convenient but obviously London will be slightly faster.

I am in london almost everyweek and so should not really be a problem.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2015

Thank you very much for mentioning @rmlhhd

@TarZZ92 have a look over there in the next week or so, we've been working very hard for the past year and so we have some fibres already in place, awaiting them being lit and connections activated.

We have activated some peerings today and in the coming week(s) we have scheduled GTT, NTT and Level3.

HE.net to be dropped over the next few days.

We rack servers free of charge.

@nagu I will drop you a PM with some offer to start with :)

Thanked by 1nagu
  • nagunagu Member

@nagu I will drop you a PM with some offer to start with :)

Sure..look forward for it.

• Clouvider said: have a look over there in the next week or so, we've been working very hard for the past year and so we have some fibres already in place, awaiting them being lit and connections activated.

you got any plans for any peering with VM/NTL ?

edited June 2015

@TarZZ92 the peering we have commissioned yesterday gives us access to private peering port with Virgin Media and via LINX (Juniper & Extreme LANs) as a backup.

Another of our peers gives us VM routes via LINX (Juniper & Extreme LANs).

I would say we are quite well connected with VM at the moment.

If you'd like to test this out please let me know and I will arrange for some test files to be prepared on a machine that sends traffic solely over this new connection.

@nagu already there, sorry for the delay.

Thanked by 1nagu
  • BruceBruce Member

@Clouvider said:

If you'd like to test this out please let me know

yes please

• wychwych Member

Bruce said: yes please

+1.

@Bruce @wych links to test file sent via PM :).

Thanked by 1wych