Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM review - Stay the f*** away!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM review - Stay the f*** away!

JamesJames Member
edited June 2015 in Reviews

Ok, I have/had a BlueVM shared hosting reseller account. I thought I would post my (Horrific) experiences here.

First of all one of the nodes is having issues updating DNS issues and having licensing issues, because of this I am transferred to a new node (Massive inconvenience as I had to update all the domain names nameservers but was do-able)

Ok. Then I set up shop on the new server, I had quite a bit of downtime I wish I had documented, A lot of cpanel issues and the like.

Then one day I could no longer log into my cpanel (server s17.) Made a support ticket and got this as a reply

Not very helpful and very odd especially considering I have been waiting since the 28th of March 2015...

Aright so I have opened a new ticket (see no reason why this "new administration" could not just login to WHMCS and do the old tickets but oh well)

I decided to order new reseller hosting decided my old reseller hosting had something wrong with it (fault on the cpanel account? etc). I order from BlueVM the same plan and have been stuck on pending for a while. Made a ticket dated 05/30/2015 about it and guess what? No reply.

I have now requested a cancellation of all services and a refund for the services which have not even been setup and what do you expect? No reply.

I would do a chargeback with paypal but apparently BlueVM have a knack for winning chargebacks.

Overall I would rate @BlueVM -1/5 for the horrific support and patchy service. Admittedly for the short time it worked it was good. Very short time.

On IRC:

RemovedUsername: Oh and expect to have your account banned from LET and be deleted.

(If this thread is deleted i'll repost to another forum with proof that this forum is being censored as many people seem to think)

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited June 2015

I would rate this review 1/5 because you gave BlueVM 2/5.

• JamesJames Member

@Nekki Explain?

• James said: @Nekki Explain?

I guess it's a slightly too generous rating.

• JamesJames Member

@Traffic True, Going to set to -1/5 now

• Why are people still using this host?

• JamesJames Member

@hostnoob used them a year or two ago and never moved as I didn't know any better

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Oh and expect to have your account banned from LET and be deleted.
    (If this thread is deleted i'll repost to another forum with proof that this forum is being censored as many people seem to think)

Twat.

• @Nekki said:
    Twat.

100% agree with Nekki's verdict on the user.
    Very interested in who said that to you OP...

• JamesJames Member

@IThinkUFailed I am on frantechs IRC, I don't know if its rude to say the username as they didn't consent to being posted

• @hostnoob said:
    Why are people still using this host?

Why are people still posting shit reviews of this host?

• @James said:
    IThinkUFailed I am on frantechs IRC, I don't know if its rude to say the username as they didn't consent to being posted

That's a public channel correct? Anything said in a public channel is just that, public. You may post it if that's the case.

You shouldn't of been treated like that and LET encourages reviews regardless of good or bad. I hope you have chosen a far better provider as many have had issues with BlueVM.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

James said: I decided to order new reseller hosting decided my old reseller hosting had something wrong with it (fault on the cpanel account? etc). I order from BlueVM the same plan

I lost any sympathy at that point to be honest.

@CVPS_Chris is the top man at BlueVM now maybe he can put his 2c in.

• JamesJames Member

@AnthonySmith To be honest I should have known better it's just at this point i was getting desperate and thought that i'd manually migrate the data, I'm an idiot.

• JamesJames Member
    edited June 2015

@IThinkUFailed said:
    That's a public channel correct? Anything said in a public channel is just that, public. You may post it if that's the case.

In that case its bfj :)

• JamesJames Member
    edited June 2015

and I don't think he meant to be rude, I think he thinks that LET was being ran by Colo now

• BruceBruce Member

they were added to deadpool list recently

• JamesJames Member

@Bruce said:
    they were added to deadpool list recently

Dammit! Thanks for letting me know, Chargeback here i come!

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited June 2015

@James said:

I would do a chargeback with paypal but apparently BlueVM have a knack for winning chargebacks.

This is why I always recommend when using PP make it take the money from your credit card.

That way you don't have to worry about losing a dispute, if u dispute it via ur CC company you will always win.

As a bonus, host gets slapped in the face with a $20 fee because you disputed via CC.

I've only had to do this for a deadpooled host around 2 years ago. I paid for a year and they dead pooled about 3 months into the year, so I called my CC company, got my money back.

• vedranvedran Veteran

James said: and I don't think he meant to be rude, I think he thinks that LET was being ran by Colo now

LET has been run by Colocrossing for a long time now, it's know since 2013(?). For thread being deleted and user banned for no apparent reason, AFAIK that happened only once a long time ago.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    CVPS_Chris is the top man at BlueVM now maybe he can put his 2c in.

I told him not to post on LET till he cleaned his crap up. If he listened your waiting a long time.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

That cleanup joke from BlueVM/CVPS is getting old, they told it us atleast 5 times.

• JamesJames Member
    edited June 2015

Just an update for you all.

Utter SH*T!

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@James said:

Should this be considered as a threat?

Unless the review is deemed to be "to good to be true" it should stay here.
    So tell that user @ Frantech IRC channel to stop fooling people who don't know better.

• I've used BlueVM in the past and I wouldn't go near them.

• I just submitted another ticket now that my downtime has reached 2 months. Surprisingly they answered in 1 day...just saying the same stuff, moving nodes and migrating away from feathur. Apparently it'll be a few more weeks.

• erkinerkin Member

A real straight review

• M66BM66B Veteran
    edited June 2015

Instead of a CC chargeback, which could close your PayPal account, I would call PayPal and explain the situation. Mostly they are quite cooperative, especially since you didn't got delivered what should be delivered.

• Wait.. So CVPS bought out BlueVM after they.. pretty much self destructed? Good or bad move by them?

• gianggiang Veteran

Hey,

Good news. They just added 1 more month for 4 months of downtime for my offline VPS. It's really great!!!

Thanked by 3jcaleb James cassa
  • FritzFritz Veteran

@giang said:
    Hey,

Good news. They just added 1 more month for 4 months of downtime for my offline VPS. It's really great!!!

LoL