Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what you recommend for web hosting vps from let or kimsufi KS-2 SSD or kimsufi KS-3?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

what you recommend for web hosting vps from let or kimsufi KS-2 SSD or kimsufi KS-3?

tarek.boxtarek.box Member
edited May 2015 in General

Comments

• depends on what you want

KS-2 dedicated server - standalone, completely independent, higher storage/RAM for the price but overall lower performance

vps - not entirely independent, lower storage/RAM for the price but benefit from higher cpu and overall performance (but this varies with provision policies/providers)

better performance will normally result in quicker site loads, less irritated visitors

• tarek.boxtarek.box Member
    edited May 2015

@century1stop

what about kimsufi ks-3 ?

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited May 2015

@tarek4web this is where your budget come in. KS-3 will be better than most vpses but price much higher. Recommended if you can afford it but not for mission critical sites, since it's short of RAID capability.

You may not need that much resources just to host websites, like for instance 8GB RAM with KS-3 probably 1 or 2 gig would suffice. But then again, that would also depend on the no. of sites hosted. Various variables to be given consideration.

• ehabehab Member

tarek, if you tell a bit what will you be doing maybe we can help.

• @ehab
    i have ssd vps from myrsk.com and i want to move because myrsk will close the ssd location and i am looking for the best place and performance to move to it , no problem with price .

• @tarek4web any location preference?

• @century1stop USA or Europe

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited May 2015

@tarek4web is Canada acceptable?

E5 3.7GHz node, non oversold, dedicated RAM/RAID1 storage.

• @tarek4web hmm interesting, almost half the planet but Canada's not acceptable, haha. Good luck with your search then.

• ehabehab Member
    edited May 2015

for vps did you try Digital Ocean , Vultr, crissic, Inception Hosting, hosthatch, runabove, deepnetsolutions. i also hear good about RamNode, Dr.Server, Prometeus i didn't try those yet.

Nat go for aggressivenetworks, Inception Hosting, deepnetsolutions and EvoBurst.

for dedicated go for kimsufi, delimiter and online.net +7 to your budget.

hope this helps.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

The main issue with Kimsufi, is the Best Effort SLA.

So, I strongly suggest you to run nothing critical on those.

• sinsin Member

Try picking up one of those $20 Dacentec dedicated servers, it's a quadcore opteron 1381 @ 2.5GHz, 8GB RAM, and 2x2TB drives so you can do RAID 1

CPU model : Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 1381
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency : 2500.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 8003 MB
    Total amount of swap : 1023 MB
    System uptime : 3 days, 12 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 96.8MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 21.1MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 50.0MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 10.4MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 14.2MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 41.0MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 9.14MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 18.2MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 22.1MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 56.5MB/s
    I/O speed : 94.9 MB/s

• If you need lots of ram go VPSDime and if you don't go RamNode

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

aldothetroll said: If you need lots of ram go VPSDime and if you don't go RamNode

or contabo. they offer 6GB as standard on first plan and it's KVM

• if budget is not an issue, perhaps he can try out online.net's quad E7s lol