Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Psychz/PhotonVPS: Any news on them?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Psychz/PhotonVPS: Any news on them?

KaiKai Member

Hey there,

I am looking at a possible VPS from PhotonVPS with their management. I like the price and what they offer with it and what not. I was recommended them on WHT and they are quite active there which is reassuring, I suppose.

However I pulled up a lot of mixed things...On one scale, Shopperverified has quite a few 1000s review positively about them and there are some decent reviews on WHT. On the other end,there are a LOT Of horrible reviews about them as well.

I do like the fact that they do own their own datacenter as there is no need for an in between but I am not sure if they are a good move or not.

Right now we are with A small orange with one of their cloud VPS(it was meant to serve as a stop gap and not be permanent) and I am just looking at possible alternatives to ASO should I decide to leave and Photonvps(Psychz) is one of them.

Recommended company?

Comments

• sonicsonic Veteran

No, their network is up/down likes Jo-jo

Thanked by 1Kai
  • KaiKai Member

So conflicting. They come well recommended on WHT and the pre-sale is decent

• jason25jason25 Member

Pyzchn and phonton is Good

• KaiKai Member

@jason25 said:
    Pyzchn and phonton is Good

Thanks Jason

• NexHostNexHost Member

Psychz had great uptime when we was using them. Not sure what the complaints above are about.

But if you are looking for a solution in LA checkout globalfrag

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited May 2015

@sonic said:

Bullshit, show proof. Network is stable in all my experience.

I have 2x10GE BGP ports with Psychz/Profuse, so speaking from real experience.

What exactly do you or did you have? A VPS? Where is the proof you had any issues and it was related to the network? Perhaps it was OnApp being a POS during upgrades.

edited May 2015

@Kai,

Just give them a try, Im a competitor and say you should....

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

@sonic said:

What issues did you have with our network?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@sonic said:

Which one? Joestar? Jotaro? Jonathan?

Thanked by 1ahmiq
  • A friend of mine had a yard vps box he didn't pay more and it took them like a year to realise. IIRC they were with multacom dc or something like that.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited June 2015

@ItsChrisG said:
    Kai,

Just give them a try, Im a competitor and say you should....

Yet you have personal relationship with
    Psychz ....

edited June 2015

@jmckeag12 said:
    Psychz ....

Business relationship.... personal? Am I fucking them?

If their network was up and down, I wouldn't be using them or would stop using them.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited June 2015

@ItsChrisG said:
    Business relationship.... personal? Am I fucking them?

HAHA Maybe you could be In bed with William annd Jimny who knows.

But seriously be a bit more mature with your responses. I simply mean you know them in person and have been knownto defend Psychz on demand on WHT based on based experience.

But anyway Psychz is Alright but so is Global frag

edited June 2015

@jmckeag12 said:

The posts I defend against on WHT are the ones that are outright bullshit from competitors.

I don't take kindly to outright lies and false statements. If something is REAL and its a comment/post/review based on REAL experience not contrived from a competitor, then fine -- so be it!

I used to do the same for QuadraNet... I just hate the nonsense posts. Beat someone at the game with quality and innovation... not lies and fiction.

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • SliderSlider Member

We have our Texas KVM node with Psychz. I cannot say anything about their VPS product but as a co-location company they're doing excellent. We've had issues with fraud and spam abuse and they've been nothing but helpful/supportive/understanding about it. I have no reason to doubt their VPS product would be different but it may be a different support team etc.

Thanked by 1PhotonVPS
  • KaiKai Member

Oh wow, came here to see if I had any new replies and I see a lot of replies have been made :P Many thanks.

@Slider said:
    We have our Texas KVM node with Psychz. I cannot say anything about their VPS product but as a co-location company they're doing excellent. We've had issues with fraud and spam abuse and they've been nothing but helpful/supportive/understanding about it. I have no reason to doubt their VPS product would be different but it may be a different support team etc.

So psychz is your datacenter you use?

@inthecloudblog said:
    A friend of mine had a yard vps box he didn't pay more and it took them like a year to realise. IIRC they were with multacom dc or something like that.

I don't quite understand what you mean by this.

@ItsChrisG said:
    If their network was up and down, I wouldn't be using them or would stop using them.

What a very...colorful response lol.
    I am looking at a VPS if I go with them.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2015

I had a VPS with them 2009 - BW quality was crap. Probably changed by now.

jmckeag12 said: HAHA Maybe you could be In bed with William annd Jimny who knows.

Whats your problem with me? Get lost.

• SliderSlider Member
    edited June 2015

@Kai said:
    Oh wow, came here to see if I had any new replies and I see a lot of replies have been made :P Many thanks.

I am looking at a VPS if I go with them.

Correct. Here is a Test IP on their network that we use: 45.34.12.35 - Again this is our services not their VPS service specifically. Also this is the Dallas Location.

• KaiKai Member

@Slider said:
    Correct. Here is a Test IP on their network that we use: 45.34.12.35 - Again this is our services not their VPS service specifically. Also this is the Dallas Location.

But despite it being your services wouldn't I experience similar performance with Photon since you apparently use their services? Forgive my ignorance(Newb client :D) :P

@William said:
    I had a VPS with them 2009 - BW quality was crap. Probably changed by now.

Whats your problem with me? Get lost.

Are you the same WIlliam with Photon? I think that's what he meant as I believe one of the higher ups is named William as well. Also what do you mean by the bandwidth was crap?

• ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited June 2015

@ItsChrisG said:

Its public info you're basically in bed with psychz

edited June 2015

@ChrisK said:

Oh and look, the guy I was specifically referencing in my posts above comes here to poo-poo Psychz and make up more bullshit.

WHAT A FUCKING COINCIDENCE!

Don't you have another last minute datacenter move to make due to CENTARRA (http://www.centarra.com) not paying their bills and having to high tail it out or something?

How about some more ARIN IPv4 fraud to get back to doing?

• Lets get ready to rumble!

• Kai said: Are you the same WIlliam with Photon? I think that's what he meant as I believe one of the higher ups is named William as well. Also what do you mean by the bandwidth was crap?

Nah.

BW was in general not useable, high packetloss, much ddos - Probably now solved with their filtering.

• @ItsChrisG said:
    How about some more ARIN IPv4 fraud to get back to doing?

Chris does pay his bills on time. Exaxtly as I said your in bed with Psychz. As I brought it to his attention and he sent me screen shots to show otherwise.

edited June 2015

@jmckeag12 said:
    Chris does pay his bills on time. Exaxtly as I said your in bed with Psychz. As I brought it to his attention and he sent me screen shots to show otherwise.

So how about one of you tardos explain what you mean by "in bed"? Come on, lets expand on the lies... lets hear some details. Don't leave us all hanging here.

Please let everyone know how in bed I am with them. What color is the dildo we like to use? What brand lube do we have in our bedside table?

Am I one of the owners of Psychz now? Am I an investor in Psychz?

Please let everyone know, because for some reason, it is a secret. rolls eyes

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited June 2015

@ItsChrisG said:
    Please let everyone know, because for some reason, it is a secret. rolls eyes

Just saying Chris...

Psychz told me about chris not paying his bills via a ticket. There is no other information about It. So how else did find out that Mr Chris K does not pay his bills.

And so for spreading lies the only one doing that here is you by slandering Mr Chris K...

edited June 2015

@jmckeag12 said:
    And so for spreading lies the only one doing that here is you by slandering Mr Chris K...

What I know about ChrisK / Centarra I know from the public grape vine and my own research.

Next, this wouldn't be slander, it would be libel, IF it was fake, which it is not.

How about the fact that the following Spamhaus listed spammers, IP hijackers, ARIN IPv4 fraudsters, and more are all Chris K / Centarra's direct clients?

http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/ARIN

CubeMotion / Robert Clarke

AS26658

IPSystemsLtd/PredictLabs

Are all "IN BED" with Centarra and ChrisK and direct customers of his. Looks like Centarra is funded and living off web fraud, scam artists and spammers. Real nice business he's got going there!

He's a real stand up guy - @jmckeag12 -- I am glad to know that you publicly back this type of web garbage, fraud, and unethical (even CRIMINAL) behavior. You must be deep under the covers and IN BED with ChrisK/Centarra, no wonder you like to think everyone else is bundled under the covers too.

Thank YOU for making that clear to all of us!

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited June 2015

@ItsChrisG said:
    Are all "IN BED" with Centarra and ChrisK

Lol

Robert clarke is just a client the same as the others. Same as Robert he is a client of Psychz. ..

You have not answered with proof about Chris not paying his bills. Because you got that from Psychz hence why people think you are in bed with psychz.

edited June 2015

Do you see all the nastiness you just skipped above, BRO?

Yeah, lets pretend none of that exists - maybe it'll go away?

Maybe Jordan Mckeag will be forever associated with Chris K and Centerra from here on out. You seem to be doing a lot of Centerra back patting, is this an attempt to revive SameerHosting with the help of Centerra?

Let's make sure that all the info above is reiterated again, its pretty nasty:

How about the fact that the following Spamhaus listed spammers, IP hijackers, ARIN IPv4 fraudsters, and more are all Chris K / Centarra's direct clients?

http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/ARIN

CubeMotion / Robert Clarke

AS26658

IPSystemsLtd/PredictLabs

Are all "IN BED" with Centarra and ChrisK and direct customers of his. Looks like Centarra is funded and living off web fraud, scam artists and spammers. Real nice business he's got going there!

He's a real stand up guy - @jmckeag12 -- I am glad to know that you publicly back this type of web garbage, fraud, and unethical (even CRIMINAL) behavior. You must be deep under the covers and IN BED with ChrisK/Centarra, no wonder you like to think everyone else is bundled under the covers too.

Thank YOU for making that clear to all of us!

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited June 2015

@ItsChrisG said:

Yes because you was going on about dildos and what ever else lol.

@ItsChrisG said:

Yeah, lets pretend none of that exists - maybe it'll go away?

Maybe Jordan Mckeag will be forever associated with Chris K and Centerra from here on out. You seem to be doing a lot of Centerra back patting, is this an attempt to revive SameerHosting with the help of Centerra?

Yet I never owned or started sameer hosting I was dumped with it and it got no orders it was failing and getting hit / attacked and eventually it got hacked while I was asleep after EukHost allowed someone to transfer the domain out transfer was done in hours Yet with all the crap it caused me I still continued with it.

So go ahead keep going on about my past. I honestly could not care about what you say. I was a child that people knew that they could walk all over me with their one sided reviews.

So continue Chris you still haven't answered me how did you get the informatiom that Chris K does not pay his bills. Because I just caught you out on a lie and you still cannot provide proof.

So well done @ChrisG people now know that you are a liar.

You got that information from Psychz